thoughts on addresses... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-31-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default thoughts on addresses...

I didn't see a specific sub thread for this so I'm putting it here. There are alot of people who say it's a MUST to have access to your address. I don't have that luxury unless I want to buy 20 PO Boxes. We have model homes in our neighborhood that are, well, just that-model homes. What are your thoughts on these? How about a pool house address? Etc-you get the point.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 85%

Edited to add---ANY address advice would be helpful. This is the "face hits the wall" point for me. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-01-2011

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegymrat View Post
Edited to add---ANY address advice would be helpful. This is the "face hits the wall" point for me. Any help would be appreciated!
I would definitely use those addresses. its worth a try and if it works you have a gold mine of addresses nearby. go for it.
Old 02-06-2011

Longevity: 78%

I think they need to be valid addresses already registered with the Post Office. Not sure how that works, if the buyer of the home does this, former contractor but that is what my Bank Account Rep told me.
Old 02-10-2011

Longevity: 84%
Default real or ???

It could be your job address as long as someone hasnt gotten suspended with that same address (risky) I have used ?? address too. I didnt need access to them at all. if there was a return (which is rare) I tell them to send it to my warehouse at ??? address I have access to (empty house or friends house)easy to use a friends address if you know them well and trust them.
Since the new verification process I always try to use a real valid verifiable address.

Last edited by bmwsouthside; 02-10-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: more accurate info
Old 02-10-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

You might laugh but I have been able to get away with using non existent homes.

For example

1245 Franklin St
1249 Franklin St

both have homes at those addresses.

I use 1247 Franklin St.

The only issue is if the PO clerk catches the address being wrong. How I get around that is I always ship boxes from one town at another towns smaller post office. A little work but I always ship odd ball address stuff at the next smaller towns PO because the clerks at the local PO has done some sorting, delivering etc usually locally.
Old 02-11-2011

Longevity: 81%

Find a house that has been vacant and on the market for a while. Real estate listings are a good place to look. Get the address from the listing and drive by it to make sure there's a mailbox. Then, mail a blank piece of paper in an envelope to the address using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names. A week after it has been mailed, drive by to check to see if the letter is still there. If it is, it's likely that nobody is collecting the mail.
Old 02-11-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopain180 View Post
Find a house that has been vacant and on the market for a while. Real estate listings are a good place to look. Get the address from the listing and drive by it to make sure there's a mailbox. Then, mail a blank piece of paper in an envelope to the address using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names. A week after it has been mailed, drive by to check to see if the letter is still there. If it is, it's likely that nobody is collecting the mail.

Huge no-no.

It is a "federal crime" to open a mailbox that is not yours.
Old 02-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Agree with Sandy D on this one. Using a someone else's address is one thing (and, in the light of stealth, NEVER recommended as a solution) but stopping by to check mail at a house that is not yours? Very dangerous - yes your chances of being caught are very low, I do know of case in 1998 or so where someone went by to collect mail on a property in an eastern state (New Hampshire or Maine or so) and was shot for trespassing.

Now this is unusual for sure but just something to consider for safety.
Old 02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Huge no-no.

It is a "federal crime" to open a mailbox that is not yours.

If that is what you are saying to do.
Yet the city can knock it down with five tons of snow, and say it isn't their problem.

Thanks for the disclaimer.
Old 02-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegymrat View Post
I didn't see a specific sub thread for this so I'm putting it here. There are alot of people who say it's a MUST to have access to your address. I don't have that luxury unless I want to buy 20 PO Boxes. We have model homes in our neighborhood that are, well, just that-model homes. What are your thoughts on these? How about a pool house address? Etc-you get the point.
No specific thread becuase it's discussed in so many threads, a search would rarely give the answer.
EG, I have addresses all around a run I do. That's convenient for me because I am on the road daily/nightly. Differs for everyone.
To use ebay successfully, even in stealth mode, there should be access to the address put on their records.. If an item gets returned, an address needs to be accessible without making grief.Days of imaginary addresses are more or less gone. What should be done is to make an ebay account to run smoothly. Active phone number, accessible address and such. Only thing different is the account is stealth by nature. It's important to approach stealth that way.

Pick how you can do it to your best advantage
Old 02-12-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopain180 View Post
Yet the city can knock it down with five tons of snow, and say it isn't their problem.

Thanks for the disclaimer.

Huge difference.

They did it by accident and you were actually opening the box with the intent to get the contents inside a box that was not yours.

No sense in putting yourself in a spot to get a federal offense laid on your lap.
Old 02-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

@nopain180. Pay attention to the advice. Be mindful of what you post.
Old 02-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Just go to Nearest Mailbox store like UPS,,,No Matter how far it is,,and rent a box,,,now I have MANY of these Boxes and if you are like me you will RARELY get a Return,,so you can go when you need to,,,

If you get a lot of Returns where you cannot get to the Mailbox store often enough then you can always have the Mailbox store Foward them to your Real address,,,

Im sure that if you APPLY Yourself,,you will find a solution,,
Old 02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Huge difference.

They did it by accident and you were actually opening the box with the intent to get the contents inside a box that was not yours.

No sense in putting yourself in a spot to get a federal offense laid on your lap.
Just a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
@nopain180. Pay attention to the advice. Be mindful of what you post.
Understood
Old 02-12-2011

@ the OP, you can also use mail forwarding services. They have addresses that look like normal addresses (not P.O. Box). Often used by RV'ers. A simple search for something like "rv mail forwarding" would reveal a myriad of businesses offering this service. I do imagine it would be more expensive than a P.O. Box, though I have seen some that offer discounts for multiple accounts. I've never used a P.O. Box before so I don't know first hand, but I've heard of people having problems using them with eBay and Paypal, accounts getting limited faster. Just another idea anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nopain180 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-12-2011), Melissa1971 (02-12-2011)
Old 02-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Nice one, nopain. There are numerous companies around if we use our trusty friend,Google! Anything to beat ebay
Old 02-25-2011

Longevity: 76%

If you are going to get a po box, try to use a mom and pop or no name place as most of them will let you display the address as an apartment, but the USPS requires you to list it as a po box. I'm not sure how the rest of the world works but that is how it is in the US.

Last edited by mrlilypad; 02-25-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Wasn't clear enough.