User Name Change - can I hide? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-03-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default User Name Change - can I hide?

I have a guy who purchased an item 5 weeks ago and is complaining about it now. I don't feel like refunding $160.

If I changed my EBAY user name, and associated email, would that help me ot hide from him?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-03-2011

Longevity: 76%

I dont think it will work. If the claim has gone through pp then I rekon you will have to refund just to keep your accounts cool.... I think pp will take the money and refund if you dont reply

I could be mistaken and someone on here might know something I dont - good luck.... I hope you dont have to refund especially as its been 5 weeks (cheeky buyer)
Old 03-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

If you change your user name then people who bought something from you will still know its you. Why would you not want to refund the customer his money? What is he complaining about? Just remember that he can file a buyer protection claim which will hurt your account. You may be better off to let him return it for a refund depending on what type of item you sold him.
Old 03-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Just because you don't FEEL like refunding his money, does not mean you can hide your eb ay ID and change this and that to avoid.

No offense to you but don't come on the site looking for ways to hide and such - eb ay does not function like that and things like give sellers a very VERY bad reputation.

Address the problem - COMMUNICATE with the buyer (whether e-mail or, hell, phone call), find out why he's not happy and deal with it. Sometimes even a partial refund will de-fuse situations.

All the best - your idea is very sketch.
Old 03-07-2011
Threadstarter  

OK, here is another TWIST....
I agreed to refund the money for the software.
Simply requested fpr the customer to return the software so I can verify that is is indeed faulty. FAIR ENOUGH..... well, she said that she threw it away, not possible to return it.
Do I refund for a possible scam? Who in thier right mind wants a refund without thinking that ya might have to return the item?
What now ?
Old 03-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

1st thing that strikes me is to stop selling (foo-foo) software.

The next lot of things that strike me would not be polite.

Away to make coffee.

Here's a polite tip. ANY & all name changes stay on your account. It is possible to see who you are, who you think you are and therefore hiding kinda fails
Old 03-07-2011

Login to your paypal and offer refund when buy send item back to you with tracking number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwinno View Post
OK, here is another TWIST....
I agreed to refund the money for the software.
Simply requested fpr the customer to return the software so I can verify that is is indeed faulty. FAIR ENOUGH..... well, she said that she threw it away, not possible to return it.
Do I refund for a possible scam? Who in thier right mind wants a refund without thinking that ya might have to return the item?
What now ?
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackberryGuy For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-07-2011)
Old 03-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
1st thing that strikes me is to stop selling (foo-foo) software.

The next lot of things that strike me would not be polite.

Away to make coffee.

Here's a polite tip. ANY & all name changes stay on your account. It is possible to see who you are, who you think you are and therefore hiding kinda fails
No offence, but nowhere did he say the software was foo foo. If it was, shame on that seller, and you should refund before you get reported. If it isn't, I feel that opened software after 5 weeks should not be a returnable item. Buyers will use the software, register it, and have a workable serial key that they can use. If you are gonna refund, they have to send back the defective item so you can get credit for it. If I sell a defective item, I will return it to my supplier so I can get credit for the loss. This is unacceptable, and they should forward the email to paypal/ebay so the can see the buyer threw out the merchandise. This only applies if the seller was on the up and up, and has nothing to hide.