**FREE Bubblewrap For LIFE !!!! *** - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default **FREE Bubblewrap For LIFE !!!! ***

Hey, just thought I would share something rather unique..

Now, I do use UPS exclusively, BEFORE anyone jumps on me... and i give them all my International shipments...
(Just not as many as the amt of supplies I use )

Anyhow, last year, my local driver was delivering those GIgantic Rolls of Bubblewrap to me, then the next day, I had a shipment of Boxes come in from another Vendor.. he said, why dont you just order 5-6 cases of our pad pak mailers, and 8-10 paks of the 10kg + 25 kg boxes??

So, I tried it.. NOw, the 10kg + 25 kg boxes are SO HEAVY... I do use them for paintings going oveseas, but in the USA, theyre not "crazy" about taking them, UNLESS...you place some brown tape over top of the black part that says INternational..
Anyhow, its been a year now... I have NOT had to buy ANymore bubble wrap!
--Those pad pak mailers are SUPER! They can wrap and safely secure just about anything..Believe me... I was using 1-2 rolls/bubble per day...so, Im saving ALOT!
You will get creative,as i do.. I can take a painting, using the usps 12x12 boxes to make corners, using about 20-30 padpaks, then 2-of the 10kg boxes interlocked---it looks like a $100 pack job when I'm done!

(If youre real creative... next time at the post ofice, ask them for a couple rolls of the priority tape.. they dont like giving it out too much, it used to be free.. if its an older lady...forget it.. but otherwise, those rolls of the free usps tape...wait till you see what they can do inside a fragile package, holding things together!!! )

--So, anyhow, here's a FREE TIP:
Open a ups acct--
Call and order these supplies:

HI- Heres what I usually order if youre interested??

I call the International line:
1-800-782-7892...
Tell them Customer Service said you had to call this number, as these are International Supplies..
Item# 010195104...pad paks, 100/case
Item# 01019510610...10kg boxes..2/pk, (extra Heavy Duty Corrugated boxes, btw)..
Item# 01019510625...25 kgs.. The "KING" of boxes!
Item# 01875614... Label Holders/Pouches.. 500/case
These are Ziplock type--so good for screws, bobbypins, etc.. )

BTW- if the address you register with is NOT where u want the supplies, I usually have them sent to my moms house.. (my warehouse) )
GhostOfAmazon (04-22-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2008

Longevity: 94%

can you give a little more info about the free shipping supplies you use? does it cost anything to sign up for UPS? do they have free shipping labels for zebra printers? what is you never use UPS to ship, won't they get suspicious that are just using their products to ship with someone else?
also do you have to call UPS to set up an account? or can you do it online?
Old 02-21-2008
Threadstarter  

HI, Twdell:
Yes, of course..
a.) act is completely free to set up
b.) all supplies are free
c.) zebra labels are free, they are on a roll and the white sticky ones, right?
d.) set up online
e.) I have daily pickup at my place and my moms every day
f.) you can set up a OCCASSIONAL acct.. not a dialy pickup,,depends if u like driving to the ups drop boxes..
Best of Luck
GhostOfAmazon (04-22-2015)
Old 02-21-2008

They dont charge you a monthly service charge of $16 or something for having a routine pickup? When I had my UPS account they charged a monthly service fee. If I did not want the route pickup, then I had to call in for a pickup and pay $3 per box additional.
Old 02-21-2008

it looks liek you have to call to place orders, huh? thanks again for the great info.
Old 02-21-2008
Threadstarter  

HI:
NO, not if the ADDRESS where u want it shipped is the SAME as the billing address... (mine is diferent)--
as for Pickup,daily--yes theres a fee, you are correct its like $16 bucks, but thats cheap with gasoline nowadays.. )
Old 02-23-2008

Longevity: 93%

I have a UPS account with courtesy rates. I pay like 6$ for a overnight. I might start shipping exclusively through UPS also.
Old 02-23-2008

what does courtesy rates mean, and how do you go about tying to get these rates?
Old 02-23-2008
Threadstarter  

HI:
Twdell:
That's based upon Volume.
>>The Nice thing about ups.. U can track the pkgs every step,, AND..
when Paypal Limts U, since I'm doing 3 day select/2 day air + air.. The Deliveries are never delayed, so the limits come off pretty fast.
++++++
"IF" one of the drivers gets sloppy..they PAY ..no Questions. NOt like usps,
where you sent everything to Atlanta over $50, and wait for 6-16 weeks..
---I cant ship for $6.00 via air, but I can charge $9.95 to ship a 1-2 lb pkg, i get billed around $8.17.+ it includes $100 Insurance.

P.S. I "dont work for ups" if anyone's wondering )
--- Ive just had alot of hassles over the years with waiting in oline at the p.o., the "nosey" older woman, asking me.. "so-why are you using so many diferent names to ship from"??
--and the parcels that are damaged, they pay very few.. (unless I'm lucky to get a Guy to wait on me..then they usually pay--those older woman are very cranky)-- IF you know what i mean ??
Good Luck
Old 02-23-2008

so what you are saying is you have to build up an account history with UPS before they start to lower their shipping rates for you. i would really like to dump the post office. they act like they are doing you a favor by ripping you off. i think they are trained to give the customer an attitude. their tracking system is a joke. i have my orders picked up from my house, and sometimes it's 200 packages. they refuse to scan them into their "tracking" system, so a lot of times i have no real proof that i have actually shipped the item. and the price of stamps is going up again.
Old 02-23-2008
Threadstarter  

HI:
Yes, its based upon volume for me anyhow,, BUT, you can also get an acct rep, that can cut you a deal straight off,if youre shiping that kind of volume..I'd call them, every area has a rep that visits the ups stores, the old mailboxes etc stores, we used to own one..
Old 02-23-2008

i use ups exclusively too for all of my accounts, just change the "from" address on each everytime i ship.
they have really really good rates, better than canadapost, and the stuff gets faster to the destination. they also give you an awesome free label printer! looks so professional rather than writing in your address to the person.
i signed up because they were doing a powerseller deal, for like 6 months they cut all the prices of shipping by half!!!!! i think i saved ilke a thousand dollars then. too bad it just ended, im still using them though, and the ups store to drop stuff is 30 seconds from my house so i just drop my stuff there every few days.

but i never knew about all the free supplies!
are those brown envelopes that you put your waybill in free too? as i pay 50 cents each at the ups store every time i ship my stuff
Old 02-23-2008

the problem for me is i don't think even with the reduced rates they still woulnd't be cheaper than usps first class mail. that is mostly what i use since most of my packages are under 13 ounces.
Old 02-24-2008

Just read Aspkin's blog and it gave me an idea of something to share. Last year when the girl scout's were selling cookies....I started talking to one of the mom's in my neighborhood who's daughter was selling them. I asked her what they did with all the boxes that the cookies were shipped in. She said they tried to recycle them but most got thrown away. I told her I would be glad to take all they had to use for shipping. Within the month I had over 1000 boxes!!! They're a great size for small to medium items. They average 14" x 8" x 7". So if anyone's in need of boxes that size....this is the time of year to get them for FREE!!!!
Old 02-25-2008

sorry for the late reply, I actually had a mortgage company. One of the banks I worked with allowed me to go under their courtesy rating system as a perk for me to send them loans. I still have the account although I'm not doing many mortgages. I think I'm going to use this account to ship my ebay stuff.

So how do I save on boxes? Do I go back to turning the USPS boxes inside out?
Old 02-25-2008

i just ordered some thermal labels and pad paks from UPS, so we'll see how it works out. if i can those labels for free i will be saving a ton of money. thanks again ebayhateluv.
Old 03-20-2008

Send a message via AIM to Throb-n-Rod

The full page labels 8.5 x 11 are great and free for usps shipments as well as ups work with paypal or stamps.c0m
Old 03-20-2008

Send a message via AIM to Throb-n-Rod

And you can take apart most of the boxs and turn them inside out to ship usps was printing priority on the inside of theirs to stop this but havent seen that on the ones i order that dont come from or say ebay on them. ordered direct from usps.c0m
Old 03-20-2008

I have been ordered the 8.5 x 11 labels from them for over 6 months now. When I learned I could get them for free by just opening an account I did it in a heart beat. Saved me a lot of money on buying the labels.
Old 03-20-2008
Threadstarter  

Twdell...and if u need more than 1 case of padpaks..they come 25 or 100/case...tell the International Ups cust svc rep-u are having a lot of auctions close they will send 4 cases of 100...wait 1 week-order another 4...that's 800 padpks...I cut them length ways in half for small gifts...PM me if u need the item numbers.. btw-I use the rolls of priority and express labels to seal them...instead of tape...3-5 stickers seals a 1/2 pad pak ready to now box... the rolls of stickers are free at usps...