Paypal and my website - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-10-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Paypal and my website

Hi everyone, i have recently been shut down by ebay (3 long standing working accounts) and then paypal, becuase of an issue on 1 of my accounts, they then removed the others because they linked them up - am working on stealth account to get round them, as per the stealth guiode which is just bought, but i have a website as well, which i have had to remove paypal from.
I have possible access to another paypal account, which has been going a while, and am wondering if it is worth linking this to the website, or if this will cause problems as well?
This is where it gets complicated....
one of the ebay accounts just taken down was in my nephews name, i have been using it nearly 3 years now with no problems, but i am presuming both paypal accounts are linked to that, because i took payments direct to my paypal account, by adding a seperate email address for listings done thorugh nephews account that was ONLY used for paypal payments to this account. However, the monthly ebay fees were paid automatically from my nephews real paypal account, and i just paid him by bank transfer whenever the fees came through. There have been no problems with his other paypal account, and while i am not going to use it on ebay again, i was going to ask him if i could use it on the website, as it is affecting my business already, i have moneybookers as well but nobody really uses them, everyone loves paypal as it is so easy to use and weighted in favour of the buyer if anything goes wrong. So what does everyone think?
Failing that, i was wondering about changing the name of the website, it is done through ekm powershop who gave me a great deal on the website, if i change the web address but leave everything the same do you think paypal will still make the link? I have spent hours and hours uploading products onto the ekm site, and really dont want to have to start again from scratch if at all possible!
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, feel free to pm me if you need to. Cheers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Do NOT use old info - e-mail, address, even website - all these are recorded by Pa yp al and can be used to kill you via linkage.

As for the website, how is the old pa yp al account registered? Under what info? Changing the website would help IF you are going fresh with pa yp al but if the same old registration exists AND that info has been banned on other accounts...you get the idea.

Go fresh - all the best.
Old 03-10-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi, thanks for your response - the other paypal account has not been limited or anything, and is registered to my nephew rather than me. His ebay account has been closed, but i am presuming they linked to me because of the cookie / beacon thing and the fact that i used my paypal account to accept payments from his ebay account. The only link to the closed ebay accoutn will be the bname and address, and the fact that monthly ebay fees only were invoiced to this account.
Old 03-13-2011

Longevity: 79%

Do not use PP directly with the website anymore you will be linked straight away, the PP system uses tokens to know where the money is comming from.

If you want to use paypal on your webite then use e-junkie or ccnow, e-junkie would be my first option if you have access to a paypal account, there fees are really cheap and you can also set up google checkout with it.

Gl

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 03-18-2011

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
If you want to use paypal on your webite then use e-junkie or ccnow, e-junkie would be my first option if you have access to a paypal account, there fees are really cheap and you can also set up google checkout with it.Gl
I want to look into this - do they work with UK based websites?

Is it just for digital downloads?
Old 03-19-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Zoomer View Post
I want to look into this - do they work with UK based websites?

yes, most anyway. might have a little troule with some e-commerce websites like cube cart.

Is it just for digital downloads?
No.

there are other ones like cart manager and swreg too, i like e-junk because of there pricing and ease of use.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 03-19-2011 at 03:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
Monty Zoomer (03-19-2011)
Old 04-12-2011

I'm going to sound stupid I know but ....

With e-junkie, could I take Paypal payments into google checkout without me having a Paypal account. (Have I said that right? Like I said - I sound stupid