How many Ebay accounts linked to one Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-19-2011

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 78%
Default How many Ebay accounts linked to one Paypal

This is a message I got today, I have a number of Ebay accounts linked to one Paypal account, all details exactly the same. What do you guys think will happen next. I really do not need these accounts to go down...really stressed!!

Attention !

In order to ensure a safe marketplace for all, eBay will periodically review the accounts of members who are actively trading with multiple userids. While we do this, we are placing a short hold on your accounts. At this time, please contact eBay Customer Support at cbtquestions@ebay.com and provide a list of all of your eBay userids. We will review your account(s) and contact you to let you know when the hold has been lifted or if we need additional information. Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-19-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Not had this, it is a recent thing, seems to be really taking off in the UK at the moment.

Thanks for taking one for the team Nah, feel sorry for you, I have been there. Not nice at all.

I have not yet got to seen this message though, they are obviously flagging accounts that appear to be spreading their sales across multiple eb ay accounts as to avoid limits.

They must be asking for ALL your userid's to see if you give them ones that may not have similar details (the ones they have not found).

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-19-2011 at 06:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
colt63 (04-20-2011)
Old 04-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

How many user ID's do you have linked to one paypal account?
Old 04-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi, thanks for replys. I have 4 user Id's connected, and I can still list on 3, only the one has been 'restricted' from listing.?
Old 04-20-2011

^^^

I have no idea why they only restricted one and then asked you for the other user id's!?!

Perhaps they will restirct them when you start selling on them.

So I am taking it that the details on the accounts are the same?

Old 04-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt63 View Post
Hi, thanks for replys. I have 4 user Id's connected, and I can still list on 3, only the one has been 'restricted' from listing.?
Tell me the time frame for doing this,please?

Has it been in existence for some time or did that restricted account just get added to the group?

How are each of these created? All the same info except email?

Time to analyse
Old 04-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Default Hi

Thanks for your reply.

The account that has the restriction placed on listing is about 5 months old. I subsequently opened another 3 over 3 months, using all the same info, except the email of course.

They are all stealth. Paypal account to which they are linked is fully verified.

I have double checked today, and 3 (the later ones) are working, and I am able to list, no problem. But when I go to list on the 1st one (oldest), that is when the message I posted earlier comes up.

I went onto Chat last night, and after about 90 minutes, and asking me to provide them with names of the other 3 Ebay user ID's, they told me that they would have to investigate, and they would either re-instate or request further info. Knowing Ebay, I WILL be asked for further info.

Thanks for your input and ideas.
Old 04-20-2011

Quote:
have double checked today, and 3 (the later ones) are working, and I am able to list, no problem. But when I go to list on the 1st one (oldest), that is when the message I posted earlier comes up.
Thing is that e bay usually 'find' your other accounts when you start listing, usually the 'higher risk' your listing(s) then the quicker they find your others. Almost certainly if they share the same details.

Quote:
I went onto Chat last night, and after about 90 minutes, and asking me to provide them with names of the other 3 Ebay user ID's, they told me that they would have to investigate, and they would either re-instate or request further info. Knowing Ebay, I WILL be asked for further info.
Thing about this one is that they obviously need your other user id's for something, once they have them then they will move onto the next stage, I am unaware what this as this seems fairly new.

I wonder if they are going to question your reason for having so many accounts, or perhaps they are going to check what you have sold on these accounts before they make a decision on possibly suspending you!?!?

I am speculating here though

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-20-2011 at 11:54 AM.