auctiva question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-28-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default auctiva question

hey,

I saw in a bunch of posts that auctiva is the way to go, I had never heard of it before but I got an acct on it today. My question is, do I need to use a proxy to use auctive (since you have to log into ebay via auctiva) I assume we do but someone said we don't.... So please clarify for me!

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2008
Threadstarter  

While I'm at it, are proxies a no-no? I have been using proxies for my newly created accts, but are they not good?
Old 02-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Proxies are not good. Recognized by ebay.
Old 02-28-2008

Longevity: 94%

No just get a cheap or free dial up account. Then sign up to ebay/paypal/and auctivia in one single session using that dial up account. Once signed up use Auctivia to list your items.
Old 02-29-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by casta View Post
No just get a cheap or free dial up account. Then sign up to ebay/paypal/and auctivia in one single session using that dial up account. Once signed up use Auctivia to list your items.
But when you are on auctiva, doesn't it ask you to log into your eBay acct (which requires you to actually go to ebay), won't they get your ip and suspend?

As for the proxies, is it a real dead end? I did get a cheap dial-up service but it won't stay connected for longer than 2 minutes, so it is really long...
Old 02-29-2008

Ok when you create a auctiva account, you need to set up a token between auctiva and ebay, so you giver permission to auctiva to list on your part. The when listing via auctiva, auctiva uses their systems to list the item.
Old 02-29-2008

after the token generation you never have to log into ebay from auctiva again, unless you try and change a listing that is currently listed. then auctiva will have you sign into ebay.
Old 02-29-2008
Threadstarter  

Nice! I really like how auctiva works, but is there a way to view/respond to messages from buyers via auctiva or do we need to login to eBay?

For now I just use paypal, so should I use the auctiva check out? And should I get an acct at authorize.net and start accepting CC payments via auctiva checkout along with paypal?

Also, for the email/paypal/ebay setup, can I usea proxy to set everything up and then just use auctiva for the rest but use a proxy to log into paypal?
Old 02-29-2008

Longevity: 95%

the messages you have to log into ebay. or you can be like me and never respond to any messages

you can get a merchant account and slowly phase out using paypal altogether, thats the best way to go.

dont use proxies at all for anything, they are easily discoverable, and a proxy might not stay up long which will have you go looking for other proxies, but those might have radically different ips which will put some red flags up.
Old 03-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post
the messages you have to log into ebay. or you can be like me and never respond to any messages

you can get a merchant account and slowly phase out using paypal altogether, thats the best way to go.

dont use proxies at all for anything, they are easily discoverable, and a proxy might not stay up long which will have you go looking for other proxies, but those might have radically different ips which will put some red flags up.
Proxy part is my problem... I actually purchased a dial-up account but it won't stay connected for longer than 2 minutes, so it's very long and frustrating to get the simplest tasks done... I use proxies setup at dedicated machines specialized for such purposes, do you think it's any better than regular proxies?