Something to think about..long story but very interisting - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-28-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Something to think about..long story but very interisting

OK so as we all know from everyone on the site, most of our accounts got suspended for either the fault being ours or for no reason at all.

I had a power seller account that had over 5000 positive feedback with a rating of 99.9%. I was a platinum power seller and had done alot of sales. I was making in the range of 40k a month. I sold Car parts and accessories. Ebay never asked me for anything as the account that i had going strong was from 04 and it was strong. Then one day someone buys something from me and to make a long story short, they left me negative feedback for no reason. So that ticked me off ( i know its petty and i should have let it go which i have now learned) and i ended up buying something from that guy also to return the favor. he didnt ship me the item and so i left neg feedback. The very next day he makes a complaint to ebay and they suspend my account for getting back at the guy.

Ok so i thought that they were going to reinstate the account because i was a power seller right? Negative! It stayed suspended.

So what did i do? I got a buddy of mines to let me take over his account. Now at the time i didnt know about this site and i thought i knew it all. But was i wrong! I logged in the same Ip and same computer as my pwoer seller account. And i listed 900 things the same day i got the account. What a big mistake that was. I sold probably about 250 things and ebay then sends me a email saying i need to send them invoices. Which i did but they suspended the account anyways. Then PP also limited the PP account and put a reserve in there. I had 10,000 in the account at the time and they froze it for 180 days because i told them i wasnt going to accept a reserve on my account ( 10% of sales go into a holding reserve). I got my money after 180 days and the account is still up for use ( my friends PP account), i would figure that they would have closed the account after they gave me the money back but they didnt. I thought that was strange.

After that went down, i got another buddy of mines to give me his info and i made everything new. Bought a new computer and all . I listed about 10 things right off the back because i thought that everything was all good with a real persons info and all. After some items sold i listed more and more. All was good. Then i got after about 4 months with about 40 things listed, a email about the invoices. They wanted to see invoices. So i sent them. But heres the thing that i messed up on. I told them that i bought some of the stuff that i had listed on ebay off craigslist so i didnt have invoices for them. I paid them in cash. That triggered it right there. From that moment i said that they suspended my account saying that craigslist was a danger zone. WTF??! DO NOT EVER SAY THAT TO E BAY! CRAIGSLIST IS A NO NO TO GET ANYTHING FROM TO RESELL ON EBAY! Oh yeah and i had 100% positive feedback after the 4 months with a rating of 67 feedback. All seemed good till i messed it up with saying that i bought something from CL. Bummer.

I learned alot of things within the last 3 accounts that i had and this site. Anything i can share will be on here to help anyone out. I know how it is.

So now i bought the stealth guide and opened 5 stealth accounts up. Funny thing is i didnt get to use any of them. A friend of mines let me use his account that was 10 years old. I added a bank account to the new PP account and started listing slow. I sold about 6 things so far in the past month totaling about 500.00 and i have 3 things listed. So far so good.
I changed the IP address, and made a new user account for the 10 year old account. So far all good. I'm happy.

OK i had previously ended it at the last paragraph above. But i ended up leaving out one thing that was major.

The first guy that was living with me that let me use his account where i had 900 items listed up there and the 10k held in PP as stated above. He opened up another account with all the same info ( same real name and address) for e bay and PP. When he opened it with PP and e bay we had the same IP address as i didn't change it yet and guess what? HIS account is still going strong right now. He even listed some stuff the same week that he opened up his new PP and e bay account. HOW THE HELL IS THIS POSSIBLE? We are having problems with using all different info and this guy can go and use all his real info as he did on the previous account which got suspended and the account is still going strong? WTF?

Anyways that was my main point of this story. I wanted to show that even tho we think we know alot, all we really have are tactics that work but we will really never know what triggers most of it. I think anyone here would know that , what my friend did was TOTALLY against what aspkins stealth guide says to do. Does anyone have an answer for this one? how my friend got to use another bay account with all the same info? Thanks guys

Last edited by motorpsychoz; 04-29-2011 at 02:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to motorpsychoz For This Useful Post:
brandrich30 (04-29-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2011

Longevity: 75%

Thays awesom
Old 04-28-2011

Longevity: 81%

WOW!

What a story. Good Luck wit everything and you have some really good friends!

If i even ask a family member of mine for some info... Its a automatic no....lol

Get that money and go hard on the Stealth Book!
Old 04-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I recommend spreading your sales over several accounts. That way, eBay will not likely be able to shut you down 100% at any one time.

Building an online business and trusting eBay to be reasoanble and provide a stable sales platform is EXTREMELY RISKY! Any little mistake can cost you the account.

In addition to Craigslist, they also don't like it when your source of product is flea markets, individuals, DHgate, other Chinese websites, etc. If you sell books, maybe you could get away with telling them that you buy book collections and re-sell them. But try that with DVD's and see how fast they kill the account!

eBay is looking for something they are comfortable with AND that they can VERIFY. They want your source of goods to be licesned, rated with Dun & Bradstreet and well-known. Anything less represents a risk to them.
Old 04-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%

That's an intense story my friend. Glad you could join us now though

Wish you and your business the best. I lost some serious accounts myself before arriving here.
Old 04-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys. I updated the story as i forgot to input some of the important stuff. Lets see what guys say about this one... Same info on a suspended account used on a new account and everything still good.
Old 04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsychoz View Post
Thanks guys. I updated the story as i forgot to input some of the important stuff. Lets see what guys say about this one... Same info on a suspended account used on a new account and everything still good.
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, - the countdown has begun!!!
Old 04-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Maybe we can use all the same info but just not the IP address and user account. that all has to be new. Imagine if this were true. This would save a lot of people hassles as my friend used the same address, name, phone number and all. He's crazy but he may have just opened up another portal.....something to think about for sure.
Old 04-29-2011

5, 4, 3, .......................
Old 04-29-2011
Threadstarter  

2,1,0 now lets see some answers
Old 04-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%

Exactly how long has this duplicate seller account been running?
Old 04-29-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

How long has your friends account been going for? Give some more info to give us a better idea. Great post by the way.

I tried the same thing with suspended details and got a few accounts going, some lasted as little as 2 weeks and the best lasted a good 4 months with 400+ feedback. This one went down when I listed an expensive item, PP limited the account as they often do, they wanted me to do some basic verification steps but as I did them eBay was linking my account to a previously suspended accounts using similar details.

If your friend is using say 75-100% of his suspended details, then he WILL get linked and suspended sooner or later, less info just usual makes you last longer.

Anyway just tell him to make sure he has a sort of exit strategy always at the back of his mind when using the account.
Old 04-29-2011
Threadstarter  

unknown- well its probably been about a year now maybe alittle less. He sold a bunch of stuff in the beginning and he's still buying and selling.

Shady- The account is about a year old. He doesn't really care about e bay like we/I do. He could care less if it went down LOL but for some reason, nothing is happening to his account. But he is NOT on the same IP anymore. He now uses a new IP so maybe thats whats keeping him alive. Your probably right, sooner or later it will catch up with him but for now it seems flawless.

So whats really the deal on how they track or "link" you?
Old 04-29-2011

Longevity: 78%

Thanks for the information, interesting.

In life have have some "flukes", even computer programs that track are not 100% perfect so it's more than plausible some Sellers have a few seller accounts running at once on the same IP.
a few of our online Seller group members in our town have experienced similar but

A computer glitch, who knows...

If you try three seller accounts hooked to that IP and I am almost positive it will be shut down.
I would tread carefully. Glad to hear it is going so well
Old 04-29-2011

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsychoz View Post
unknown- well its probably been about a year now maybe alittle less. He sold a bunch of stuff in the beginning and he's still buying and selling.

Shady- The account is about a year old. He doesn't really care about e bay like we/I do. He could care less if it went down LOL but for some reason, nothing is happening to his account. But he is NOT on the same IP anymore. He now uses a new IP so maybe thats whats keeping him alive. Your probably right, sooner or later it will catch up with him but for now it seems flawless.

So whats really the deal on how they track or "link" you?
maybe it also depends on what your friend is selling.
Old 04-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

There will always be accounts that slip through the cracks. And sometimes what a human being could link, automation cannot. I mean, imagine having a robot auto-cancelling everyone with an identical name. It would work fine for Olivarnathethe Buspumenthalino, but not so well on Roger Jones.

I am very happy for you, don't get me wrong, but I think that the average user should probably stick to making each account as separate as possible. If you have a common name, you COULD use the same name on a new account with everything else being different and be fairly safe. But pushing the envelope here could lead to lost accounts.

I would also caution users from having too much money tied up on any one account, especially with PayPal. If you can afford to have $5k held for the 180 days, then fine, go for it, but I don't think that most people can. For some of us $5k would be the whole ball of wax, all of our working capital.

But then again, I have always been very conservative. Better safe than sorry and all that.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Gman91189 (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011
Threadstarter  

I would think that automated would mean that its computer related or something similar. Dont see how they would not pick that up. I'm sure they must have input something in the system that suspended all accounts with ALL THE SAME INFO not just the name or address its everything including the phone number!
Old 04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
There will always be accounts that slip through the cracks. And sometimes what a human being could link, automation cannot. I mean, imagine having a robot auto-cancelling everyone with an identical name. It would work fine for Olivarnathethe Buspumenthalino, but not so well on Roger Jones.

I am very happy for you, don't get me wrong, but I think that the average user should probably stick to making each account as separate as possible. If you have a common name, you COULD use the same name on a new account with everything else being different and be fairly safe. But pushing the envelope here could lead to lost accounts.

I would also caution users from having too much money tied up on any one account, especially with PayPal. If you can afford to have $5k held for the 180 days, then fine, go for it, but I don't think that most people can. For some of us $5k would be the whole ball of wax, all of our working capital.

But then again, I have always been very conservative. Better safe than sorry and all that.
its always better be safe then sorry
yea there's some high rollers out here bringin in 20k+ a month but there are also some out here who are lucky to get 2k/month 2k/month is relatively decent specially if you do have a full time job decent pay.. either way.. i suggest just having 1pp/1ebay accnt
its a little more work but hey if one account gets suspended you'll know you wont have alllll your money stuck into just one account
and as far as the main topic..
i think you really just got lucky ofcourse several factors play on this roll.... name.. type of items being sold..
if he's selling paper clips wont be nothin compared to dr dres headphones ofcourse...