Merchant acount (CCnow, GCo, 2Checkout) add to ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-02-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Smile Merchant acount (CCnow, GCo, 2Checkout) add to ebay

Hi every body,

I had ready many post about merchant account.I have found man answer different.

Many different answer what I want to know. So how can I make decision. I would like to know about merchant account add to eBay.
-Does eBay request for your Merchant account statement or any support document before the allow me to add my merchant to payment option.
Some answer we need send merchant statement but why did some body eBay never request. So what is really good answer for this case.
-Can we use another name to apply the merchant? Avoid link to old account name if eBay request merchant account.
-I live outside USA and Canada. I want use CCnow & 2Check out. Is it safe for international account?

Please clarify me.

Arkimidisk
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

CCnow and 2CheckOut are not merchant accounts. They are 3rd party payment processors.

No, you CANNNOT use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on a merchant account. A merchant account is tied to a bank account. Giving false information to a bank is illegal.

If your eBay account is OLDER than 11/2007, no documents are required to add a merchant account. If your account is newer, then documents will have to be provided.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
bali (05-19-2011), GrannyT (05-02-2011), unkown5454 (05-02-2011)
Old 05-05-2011

Longevity: 76%

I'm on my gf's pre-07 account (being extremely cautious) and would like to decrease my reliance on PP. As it is a pre-07 account, can I start one under my name but link it to her account? If I don't have to send any documentation, is there any way for them to link it? I greatly appreciate any help!
The Following User Says Thank You to tse87 For This Useful Post:
Hunggar (07-04-2012)
Old 05-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 77%

I had tested add merchant account in a listing. If you add only merchant account with no paypal. eBay will not allow you to do that adn they will ask you send merchant document. But if you add both paypal & merchant account in payment option. You can do it.

Funny finally it like eBay give you freedom but exactly they didn't.

My idea (Just my idea)**I will try to add both of paypal & merchant account. Then when I send invoice. I will make invoice and send from CCNow. (See from youtube.com-How to do)

CCnow can accept paypal like buyer can use paypal paid to your CCnow account.

I have never try but I waiting for CCnow verify.

Any body has suggestion Please let me know..
Old 05-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkimidisk View Post
I had tested add merchant account in a listing. If you add only merchant account with no paypal. eBay will not allow you to do that adn they will ask you send merchant document. But if you add both paypal & merchant account in payment option. You can do it.

My idea (Just my idea)**I will try to add both of paypal & merchant account. Then when I send invoice. I will make invoice and send from CCNow. (See from youtube.com-How to do)

Keep us updated.
Old 05-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

CCn ow is great for accepting pa yp al payments from my experience.
Old 05-06-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkimidisk View Post

Ebay sends the invoice automatically to the winner so it mayn't work with you while trying to send another invoice!
Old 05-07-2011

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
CCnow and 2CheckOut are not merchant accounts. They are 3rd party payment processors.

No, you CANNNOT use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on a merchant account. A merchant account is tied to a bank account. Giving false information to a bank is illegal.

If your eBay account is OLDER than 11/2007, no documents are required to add a merchant account. If your account is newer, then documents will have to be provided.
You dont need to provide any documents to ebay, just go to site preferences tab and click edit, then you add you API and login key do a 1.00 test charge to any credit card to verify that your gateway is up and running. 11/07 accounts have no purpose anymore since auctiva checkout was taken away. Also you dont have to offer Paypal along with it, just use your merchant account. I have been selling with numerous a.net accounts linked to a single 1st Data merchant account offering no Paypal and starting from zero feedback with no issues.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/accep...t-methods.html
http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/check...eferences.html

Last edited by bansheezone; 05-07-2011 at 04:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bansheezone For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (05-07-2011)