suspension questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-03-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default suspension questions

Ok, basically I was "indefinitely restricted" on my Ebay account. I had actually stopped using my first account that became restricted and opened a new on so that I could start anew. Then I get the email this morning. They haven't closed the 2nd account, but I figure it's just a matter of time...I have things still listed from before my other account was suspended.

I've read the whole stealth guide and I have a few questions....First, If I used one of my children's names and SS #...how would that work...my children are young and wouldn't Ebay or paypal be able to confirm their age? Did he mean to only use your child's SS# if they are older?

Also, is it absolutely necessary to have more than one account? I get confused easily and I'm wondering how awful that would be.

Lastly, I just opened a new bank account....haven't linked it to anything..can I use this new account even though it's in my name? I'm trying to sory it all out, but I'm not good with comprehension.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-03-2011

Longevity: 76%

Honestly, I know the stealth guide says use a relatives info is great but it can really get you into trouble. Whether your selling VeRO or legit items if something goes wrong then your kids won't be able to use their own info when their ready to join the e Bay madness.

You don't need to provide a social to get started on e Bay so if I were you I'd go stealth. As you read you can make up a name, get an address, use whatever phone number, etc. You got a new bank account which is great and though its set up in your name you'd be able to withdraw to it in different names (most banks anyway allow this).

I think its just less trouble in the long run to create a complete stealth account and not use the kids real info.
Old 05-03-2011
Threadstarter  

I'm glad you said that because I was very panicky about doing that. I wanted to go with 2nd option, but it seemed to lean toward not being the best option. So if I make up a new name, I can just change it to a shortened version?

What about the IP thing? I thought you could only have one IP address...why do they speak of multiple IPs? Also, would it just be easier to buy an account?
Old 05-03-2011

I have done all the different ways. Bought accounts, shortened my name, made new names and used relatives info.

I like just altering my name a bit because (though the banks dont seem to care) when you withdrawl it looks like the money is in your name, but someone just messed up on the spelling.

I have 5 accounts with completely different names and addresses in different states, which I like because it allows me to sell the same product but not look like its all still me. Banks do not share any info with PP so you can withdraw to ur account in a different name.

I have 6 accounts Ive made and 3 from a seller on here. I do love buying accounts, for me it gives me the added security that everything is done right and ready to go. And though everything is done right, you want to be slow with selling so your not restricted right away.

The IP is essential. It needs to be consistent with every account you log into and its SO easy to do. E bay saves every IP address you log in from you so you have to stay on top of your game, WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN. Never want to use an IP from a suspended account or another account you have going. Its just another way to link you.
Feel free to PM me if your confused at all on the IP stuff!
Old 05-03-2011

Longevity: 81%

Excellent Post!

bballaw1 hit the nail on the head!
Old 05-03-2011

Imback- I learned from the best!
Old 05-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok, let see if I have this right.....If I open two Ebay/paypal accounts and use a seperate user account on my computer....I should have two IP addresses...one for each account? I thought once you changed the IP on your computer...that's the only one. Your computer can have two IP addresses? I guess that's what is confusing me the most. What is PM? I told you...I'm so confused.
Old 05-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Have you been successful with this program? Have any of your accounts ever backfired and got discovered? I'm really going to need help on this.
You know what sucks about all this? I'm a teacher of 13 years and decided to resign so that I could stay home with my 4 children and do Ebay...then this happens. I cried all day long.
Old 05-03-2011

Honestly we've all been there! I can remember coming here and saying "what the heck are these crazy people talking about??!"

But you learn fast. Now you have it right with creating the two user accounts, as for the IP you have to change it for each account. And you want to head to IPBurger.com to check you IP address. Write it down. Then head to your router login to change you MAC ROUTER ADDRESS. Here you want to change the last two digits on this address and WRITE DOWN the digits you chose as you will want to always change this ROUTER ADDRESS to the letter/number you picked so you can get the same IP.

So for user 1- You always change the last two digits of the router IP to 2A before logging into ebay on that account
User 2- You always change to 1B
Hopefully that makes sense. The IPs can change so you need check what your IP is each time you change the router address.

I was so skeptical about going stealth but it is seriously amazing. The key is to make a few accounts so if one goes down then you have another one to jump on. I currently have 8 accounts active and 4 that are waiting. You will find that once you get the hang of it, you are doing better than your one account ever did.

Things are going to go wrong, but you learn and move on.
Old 05-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

@mom24kids, ballaw1 has given you some great info, is their anything you are still unsure of?
Old 05-04-2011

Excellent posts bballaw1 - that will sort the OP out - well done!!
Old 05-05-2011

Cool

in regards to the OP's question about changing mac add and ip add -is the following ok.
I dont want to affect the whole household with my shenannigans - so, would it be ok for me to use just a prepaid dongle and ensure the ip changes inbetween accounts?

Many Thanks
Old 05-06-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

^^ Yes it is. I would install some application on your user accounts that informs you when your IP has changed. Record all the IP addresses used with which accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
NotAHappyBunny (05-06-2011)