My other account was finally restricted and other questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-10-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default My other account was finally restricted and other questions

Hi everyone,
And thanks to everyone for all the help. I had a 2nd account associated with the first restriction and they finally restricted it yesterday...but didn't take down the listings...interesting? I was down about it for a few hours and then....realizing that I have to get out of this mental slump.

I finally got my new shockwave from ATT.... I also tried out the ip thing and thanks goodness...the IP changed after logging out and then logging back in again..... I have never been so relieved. I have some questions.

1. Do I need to always check IP as a standard thing even though it seems to change with each login?
2. Will Ebay question or flag the different IP addresses that are used every time I log in? Is there a way to keep the IP the same for each account?
3. I plan on buying a few account on here....when I do that, how should I list again? Can I still use my same camera? Can I still list the same things or should I try random things to start?
4. Can Ebay see that i log in to this site? Should I keep my communications here seperate from my user accounts with Ebay?
5. When I pay my ATT account for this new stick or my cell phone....can I use my new banking account information or will that be a problem?

I'm a little parranoid about crossing something. Not sure how much they can spy?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. It's good to check the IP to make sure that accounts don't accidentally use the same IP (some people argue that it is a minor link)

2. Some peopel cycle IP until they get the right one for the specific account. I get different IPs all the time so I don't feel it's such a big issue - just try to keep the IP relatively close to address of account registration info.

3. If you buy accounts here, keep in good contact with the sellers. No comment on the use of same camera - though eb ay does track "tags" on photos - other folx will chime in with details.

4. Ha no eb ay does not see that - even right now I have an eb ay account open while I typeo n this site.

5. Not sure what you mean - pay via pa yp al? Can NOT use old banking info - must be new.

All the best.
Old 05-10-2011
Threadstarter  

If I buy an account, how will I know if address is near IP address....will they work with that when I buy the account? Thanks for your help.

What I mean about the paying with new bank account. I opened a new bank account to associate with my eventual new ebay accounts. My questions is can I pay my phone bills with this new bank account...even though my phone is associated with my old paypal and ebay accounts?
Old 05-10-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

yes you can pay your phone bills with that new bank account.....ebay cannot look at what you are doing with your bank account

listing the same items on new account(s) that you are barely starting that you used to sell on restricted/blocked accounts is not recommended

dont use the same wording /titles/ descriptions / pics for any new accounts

a question i had is are you sure that att shockwave assigns you a dynamic ip?

Last edited by mdcc394; 05-10-2011 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added info
Old 05-10-2011
Threadstarter  

No I'm not sure of that....how do I find it out? Also do you mean to not use previously used pics? I always use new pics but same camera....maybe just change the way I present pics? How long should one wait before selling what you love?
Old 05-10-2011

Longevity: 83%

The digital camera's output shouldn't have any hidden code in it that can be traced back to the camera.

I wouldn't worry about the camera angles, you really shouldn't be selling the same items again. If you change everything else and sell 100% of the same items with new seller info,that's real easy to link. The lower the percentage is, the harder it is to link.

That's the biggest problem with stealth accounts, you really shouldn't sell too many different items with each account. If the account goes down, that item really should never be listed again.
Old 05-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

All of their mobile dongles are dynamic.
Old 05-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
No I'm not sure of that....how do I find it out? Also do you mean to not use previously used pics? I always use new pics but same camera....maybe just change the way I present pics? How long should one wait before selling what you love?
Some cameras store information such as manufaturer, model, serial number etc within the image data.

This sort of info could be used to track a certain camera, though this is not enough for you to get suspended anyway. People share cameras, people sell used cameras, peopel buy used cameras so it couldn't be a instant suspension if they found this info.

Best thing would be to take screenshots of your picture on your computer. A screenshot contains hardly any information.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (05-11-2011)
Old 05-10-2011
Threadstarter  

oh man...so I can never sell what I sold in the past? It's all I know how to make money with? I can understand not doing those things right away...but forever? I have so much stock it's not even funny. It's nothing high radar....vintage items...not name brand or anything.
Old 05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24kids View Post
oh man...so I can never sell what I sold in the past? It's all I know how to make money with? I can understand not doing those things right away...but forever? I have so much stock it's not even funny. It's nothing high radar....vintage items...not name brand or anything.
100% you can sell what you have sold in the past, what you sell is not what links you, it is how you list your item that COULD link you.
Old 05-10-2011
Threadstarter  

So give me an example....On my first ebay account...I should only list scarves and on the other account...only list flatware? Is that what your saying. I shouldn'g list a couple of cookbooks and then list dishes and then a few shoes...right?

I'm really confused about what to list.
Old 05-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok so Shadyone,

I can list my favorite things but package it different? Different background for my pics....maybe a different display ? Use different template...etc?
Old 05-10-2011

In terms of ebay tracking you i.e. using the same camera. You could buy a new camera, OR use a software tool to remove unique data from your pictures OR do what I said and take screen shots of your camera pictures once they are on your computer.

If you use something like photobucket then you must open another account to host yoru images because your old account info coudl be tracked back to you if you used it with a new ebay account.

edit: i deleted my old post by accident lol hope you read it

Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-10-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24kids View Post
Of course you can sell what you once sold BUT you change everything about the 'old' account. Now you need to carefully prepare to do this.
Old 05-10-2011
Threadstarter  

I used Auctiva...but of course I guess I'll have to create a new account with them when it's time. I may just buy a new camera, but yet I hate to buy a new camera everytime this happens....hopefull it won't, but you know what I mean.

Please give me some examples of preparing carefully:D

I'll start...I'm assuming of course the new ebay account, new paypal account, new banking, listing slowly a few items, not logging into old accounts, watching for my iP addresses....have i missed anything? Changing the way I do my pictures and how I post them. I hope I'm on the right track.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-11-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

well to expand on what i said before....and i try to just apply common sense and reason to this...if ebay is tracking you through ip, cookies, flash, pic tags, etc...even if you change your mac address and get new ip for new acct(S) you will still connect to the same local cell tower / cable node to obtain new ips (dont have info on dsl and dial up is diff story)....so if you are selling unique vintage items on your original account and it gets toasted for whatever reason...and now some "new person" has set up shop selling the same exact stuff you sell in the same geographical location...i wanna think that it doesnt take too long for ebay to just compare these two things on 2 accounts...this is assuming that your new stealth account goes under "review" for whatever reason....i am not saying ebay is actively "Scanning" to see who lists what pics where...i'm just saying youve gone through all the steps hopefully in the guide to become "someone new" ...why give them a reason to even link you in case you do get reviewed for whatever reason....you do not have to abandon what you sold before....i just suggest you spread these items over multiple accts AND also add diff items to each one of those accounts in your rotation...this way at least at the beginning you can say hey i dont just sell vintage stuff...and 110% change all the wording for description / title etc....i just like to be extra cautious and this is just my opinion on this

there are several scenarios for this...i dont know in what "state" you left your ebay /pp acct...you may have an angry customer who feels cheated or you couldnt fulfill his order etc...hes still looking for this same item....sees this new seller with the same stuff this other person hes pissed off about was selling before...one email to ebay and...

your competition sees you are back in action and your old acct(s) are naru...you still have the same rotation of stuff so its easy to spot you..one email to ebay....

maybe im being paranoid but from what i've read on the forums i've seen people get restricted/reviewed/limited/suspended for just really silly things sometimes

this is mostly if you have uniquie items...

Last edited by mdcc394; 05-11-2011 at 02:08 AM.