Paypal finally asking for SSN.....help me with a few questions please - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-29-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Paypal finally asking for SSN.....help me with a few questions please

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for your help and input. I currently have 2 stealth ebay accounts with 2 stealth paypal accounts which I sell entirely different items on. My first account is fine but for the second, paypal is asking for my SSN after about 4 months of use. I followed the stealth account to the letter for both but this was inevitable I suppose. I am still able to withdraw from my paypal account and sell on ebay, from my research on this site I believe I have about a month before that is no longer the case. I have a few questions I would like to get straight answers for if available and I would greatly appreciate any help.

1. I have read in the past, I believe it was Aspkin who stated it, that you can call paypal and refuse to give the SSN citing identity theft concerns and things of that nature, has anyone had any luck with this?

2. Will my ebay account also be limited/suspended because of this?

3. I suppose if I can't find a workaround I will have to find another way to accept payments assuming my ebay accound is intact. I do have a Chase Paymentech account I use for my website but I looked and could not find any info on ebay integration, does anyone have any expierence with this?

4. Also regarding the Paymentech account, I sell mainly 10-15 dollar items on this account but at times I sell 50 of these items per day. I would be interested in how seemless the integration would go, as far as invoicing and buyers making payment, so that i would not have to spend all day in front of my computer screen.

Thank you again in advance,
Francis
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-30-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%

Oh well, I guess I'll try the non paid member forums.....
Old 10-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Leave the post here. It will be answered for you,thanks.
Old 10-30-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

That's the problem with using PayPal and eBay directly like this. If you have enough money going through your PayPal account, it's inevitable as you say that a SSN will be required by PayPal. There is no way around this but to give a real valid SSN to PayPal.

I am thinking that for some users using a 3rd party payment method might be better. The way Modee is doing it now, by using CartManager to shield his PayPal account from eBay. It's more work but the PayPal account will be able to hold against much more then if it were in direct contact to eBay. Basically...

EBAY >> Paypal = SSN required after a period of time
EBay >> Cartmanger >> Paypal (or another merchant account) = Less to no more problems

But you still need a Paypal account connected to eBay, but instead you want customers to pay you via an invoice you send them... which can be automated with the right 3rd party.

Which option is better depends on the seller.

We'll get into this later...
Old 11-02-2008
Banned

Longevity: 89%

i called a talked to a very nice customer service rep and i told him i am not applying for credit and they are not a bank, and i do not fell comfortable giving it to them because of so much fraud now a days, and the guy told me he will bypass it and the limitation went away, try it and it might work for you also. be nice to the customer service rep right off the bat, kiss their butt if you will
Old 11-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandons_attic View Post
i called a talked to a very nice customer service rep and i told him i am not applying for credit and they are not a bank, and i do not fell comfortable giving it to them because of so much fraud now a days, and the guy told me he will bypass it and the limitation went away, try it and it might work for you also. be nice to the customer service rep right off the bat, kiss their butt if you will

Wow..good stuff.
Old 11-02-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

We still need PayPal, and for most it's okay but for some users it might better to use a combination of PayPal and CartManager like you're doing Modee.
Old 11-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
We still need PayPal, and for most it's okay but for some users it might better to use a combination of PayPal and CartManager like you're doing Modee.
I think PayPal is fine for jsut accepting payments from websites...CartManager still includes the eBay item number in the description...Might not look good if PayPal ever looks into your account