EBAY NEW FEEDBACK and DSR REVISION FINALLY!!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 10-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Exclamation EBAY NEW FEEDBACK and DSR REVISION FINALLY!!!!!

I found this and I think it is about time they undo the mess they created. A little too late for some Sellers though. Please read and give thanks....

BooMer

***A Message from Brian Burke: Feedback Revision Launches Soon***

October 09, 2008 | 04:17PM PST/PT

Brian Burke
Hello...I'm Brian Burke, Director for Global Feedback Policy. I’m pleased to announce we will introduce Feedback Revision the week of October 20th.

Feedback Revision will enable buyers to change a Feedback rating, comment and Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs). While the Feedback revision process is initiated by a seller, buyers have the option to accept or decline a request. Buyers will have 10 days to respond and non-response will result in the Feedback remaining. Only one request can be made per transaction.

Sellers should only send a Feedback Revision request to the buyer once they have addressed, to the buyer’s satisfaction, the cause for the negative or neutral Feedback. They may also send a request if the buyer accidently left incorrect Feedback in the first place.

Sellers will have a limit of 5 requests per 1000 Feedback earned within a 12 month period. On average, sellers receive 8 negative Feedbacks per 1000 Feedback earned, so the 5 per 1000 limit will enable sellers to address the occasional mistake, while at the same time not enable sellers with greater than average negative Feedback to "cleanse their record."

We will monitor system use and make adjustments as required.

Onsite Buyer Messaging about “Free Shipping” During the Feedback flow
Free Shipping is a great way for sellers to improve their DSRs and attract more buyers. To enhance the accuracy of Feedback left on these transactions, beginning next week buyers will be reminded that the seller offered Free Shipping on the transaction as they are leaving Feedback for the seller.

I’d also like to let you know that in July we introduced messaging to remind buyers when their transaction was an international transaction.

Since Feedback is often left days or even weeks after payment is made, providing these reminders should increase the accuracy of buyer Feedback and help ensure sellers who do cross-border business or who offer Free Shipping receive appropriate DSRs for Shipping time and Shipping & Handling cost.

Sincerely,

Brian Burke
Director, Global Feedback Policy
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-11-2008

Longevity: 96%

Free shipping will not improve Dsr. Shipping cost is accurate for the most part. Its not about how cheap the shipping cost its about the time it takes to ship the item. Sometimes buyers dont leave a 5 if it takes a little longer to get the item, however transit time has nothing to do with the seller. Thats what buyers need to get in their head, im not going to offer free shipping to appease idiot buyers.
Old 10-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine422 View Post
Free shipping will not improve Dsr. Shipping cost is accurate for the most part. Its not about how cheap the shipping cost its about the time it takes to ship the item. Sometimes buyers dont leave a 5 if it takes a little longer to get the item, however transit time has nothing to do with the seller. Thats what buyers need to get in their head, im not going to offer free shipping to appease idiot buyers.
I have noticed that the DSR actually work. Seller is offering free shipping left and right. If you wanna compete, you have to offer free shipping also.
Old 10-11-2008

I wonder how you get them suspended (apart from the fact by linking them to an account which you made to intent to get them suspended?)
Old 10-12-2008

Longevity: 98%

I tried free shipping. Items did not sell any better at all and they actually were selling worse -- maybe people thought they could save money on combined shipping. People also were not leaving me 5s for shipping DSRs.
Old 10-12-2008

yes,Jonas, free shipping means nothing if you are not powerseller!
Old 10-13-2008

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron
Default Free Shipping? Sign me up ... Does USPS ship for free?

No ,
Sellers have to pay for shipping !
Why should buyers get shipping for free!
The whole suggestion of free shipping is ridiculous !
Its just another way for ebay to screw sellers out of more final value fee.
I ship internationally and I charge accurate shipping rates , ebay sends me a big warning every time I list an item , warning me that my listing may violate shipping charge policies and can be removed from ebay. This whole DSR crap is killing sellers outside USA ( maybe thats the plan ? ).
Old 10-21-2008

Longevity: 90%

Can this be changed yet?
Old 10-24-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Feedback revision available now

Here is the link to start the process of getting your feedback removed by mutual agreement.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...edbackInitiate
Old 12-10-2008

Longevity: 95%

Can the buyer revise the feedback from negative to positive or just the text of the feedback?
Old 12-11-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yes the buyer can change their Negative comment and change it to a positive comment. It will be just as if the negative never happen. I just had a buyer do this a couple of weeks ago and that's how I know. One thing though you must be the first to initiate the feedback revision process within 30 days or otherwise you will not be able to do it.

BooMer
Old 12-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

its not going to be easy to get a buyer to change their feedback ..

its usually the a**holes that leave negative on good sellers anyway
Old 12-12-2008

Longevity: 89%

Couldn't have said it better myself. And it's usually newbie buyers that leave it without even emailing you first. No more newbies are allowed to bid, I used to give everyone a chance because we all have to start somewhere. Nix that idea from now on with my new accounts. If they don't know what their doing or the ebay rules they can bid somewhere else.
Old 12-12-2008

Longevity: 95%

I agree, it is usually a**shole that leaves neg feedback on good sellers.

How do you block all 0 feekback buyers from making a BuyItNow purchase (not for bidding from which you know their feedback rating)? I don't know how to do it.
Old 12-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

you can't block all of them, but you can decrease your chances of non-paying bidders and policy violators with the buyer requirements. Or you would literally have to watch every auction and cancel the 0 feedback bidders.

in order for the buyer requirements to work, that buyer would of had to of been reported by another seller :(
Old 12-13-2008

Any thoughts of this guy's idea?

------------------
I hate to write these type of posts, I really do. It’s a balance of necessity and anger, anger which will undoubtedly pour down on me from those I’m targeting with the post.

Who’s today’s target? No surprise, eBay. See, about a month ago, eBay decided to start temporarily banning sellers over the Detail Ratings System (DSR), if their scores fall below 4.1/5.0. And, by temporarily, I mean anywhere from 30 days to a full year.

Only a very small percentage of eBay buyers leave Detailed Seller Ratings. Those are the five star optional ratings that appear below a feadback window for a buyer. Most buyers don’t think they matter, and thus, don’t leave them. Of course, this system is ridiculous if it winds up barring sellers… under eBay’s vision (or lack thereof), an 80% positive rating in any one of five areas, translates into a failing grade. This type of groupthink is why I find most curved grading systems to be morally objectionable.

So, what can I do? Easy… tell you how to break the system. I want you to leave positive feedback, but give each and every seller one star on every detailed rating. Harsh? You bet. But, it will only take a small portion of eBayers to make massive waves. Remember, most don’t leave detailed ratings, that makes you exponentially more powerful in devastating a seller’s detailed seller rating.

And, we want to devastate those ratings. We want massive hemorrhages of seller bans to happen at once. Doing so will cause a shell shock to the system. eBay sellers will unleash complaints that will lock up eBay’s phones for months to come (literally… they won’t be able to sell their inventory, all they can do is call eBay to complain).

Hopefully eBay will learn their lesson quickly, and remove the DSR system. Even if this is effective though, I don’t see eBay doing that. Instead, I see them dropping the ban-able DSR level to something like two out of five stars. More reasonable, but still a mess for eBay.

Oh, and in case you were wondering about retaliation from sellers… there isn’t any anymore. eBay took away seller’s ability to leave negative feedback, in another moronic move. So, the worst a seller can do is not leave feedback on you as a buyer… and to that, I say, who cares?

How You Can Help Destroy the eBay DSR System | Christopher Price .net
Old 12-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

I DEFINITELY THINK IT WILL WORK

eBay can't operate without sellers
i'll definitely participate in this (of course only for big time sellers lol)
Old 12-14-2008

Longevity: 98%

You'd need a million a week of all 1s left in order to do something. Even then, eBay might just ban the sellers. Sellers don't know who specifically leaves bad DSRs or why.

As for feedback revision, it revises the comment, must turn it to positive, and does nothing to change DSRs yet.
Old 08-24-2010

Longevity: 79%

It is a computer it can be beat. I got suspended for low DSR so I simply emailed all buyers that have not left feedback yet urging them to leave a good DSR and bing I am back on ebay a few days later without so much as an email from ebay. Ebay makes this easy since it groups "awaiting feedback" a bit tedious though.
Old 08-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Oh man PaulBleidl - 2nd post and you pull out a dinosaur of a thread ha...

Welcome to the forums!