Everything going downhill - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Everything going downhill

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can sale for profit on ebay? I know vero item make money if you can handle them but I have a hard time finding them out here in AZ. My 3 accounts I used to sell pc's just got suspened because of some guy online that I purposely gave out my e-mail, contact info. This guy was going to buy some items from me in wholesale but he turned around on me and got me banned, probably to eliminate competition. Now I don't have any ebay accounts, 1 of them reached 938 feeback, 2 other accounts reached over 500. Not only that but the company I worked for(tile layer/installer) is moving out of state. It was hard work also, I usually worked around 8-10 hours most of the time on my knees laying down tile...I use to come home with grout all over my body lol. No more of that, I have less than two weeks left on my job. So I'm pretty much dead broke and I go to college so I really don't know what I'm going to do...:( , I'm looking for another job but they want to start me too low..highest I found was 10.50/hour, I get payed 20$/hr right now and I have to make payments on my school loans, rent, car payment and other small stuff. I'd appreciate any help, thx guys.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2008

do you have knowledge of working on cars? if so pm me.
Old 03-05-2008

Longevity: 97%

I know how you feel right now. First off, step back and take a deep breath. Life does go on. You will be able to register new eBay accounts, we all have. I felt the same way you do when I was suspended. Follow ASPKIN's guide and start selling those computers again. Keep your chin up!
Old 03-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
I know how you feel right now. First off, step back and take a deep breath. Life does go on. You will be able to register new eBay accounts, we all have. I felt the same way you do when I was suspended. Follow ASPKIN's guide and start selling those computers again. Keep your chin up!
Thanks but getting back on ebay is always a hassle. Last time I started an account it took at least a month to actually start selling stuff, but gaining feedback is the problem because most buyers are wary about low feedback sellers. With the accounts I had I made about 1k-2k of profit per month and that was from several PC's that I built...I went to the Library after class Today and started an account...I should have 3 feedback by Friday but that's still not enough to sell high-priced items.
Old 03-05-2008

Longevity: 95%

HIghwey.. Just Curious, I have 9 kids, I manage to save ALOT of money..
Did you place any in reserve??
The only way, to combat this entire problem we all face, is in NUMBERS..Its all a NUMBERS game.. numbers meaning:
--Having back ups to the backups,e tc.
--Having backup pyt methods
--having backup shipping methods
--backup--everything.
FYI-- I am on my #16 or 17 pp acct, the one im using, "I KNOW" the limitation is coming any hour, any day...
__ I already have atm cards in my purse for the next acct, and I;ve just requested atm cards for the # 2 in line acct, now working on the tenure of the #3 backup..
**This, I am sorry to say, is the only way that "I:" personally have been able to stay ahead of this rotten game...
** But, you also have to set yourself on a budget, put some funds away,
-- heck, i buy all of clothes off season, I just bought winter coats for $3, $5, $7...
The bathing suits were bought last fall for $1...
--hope this helps, and btw i very much admire the fact that you sound like a hard worker, and are going to college at the same time.. Bravo
Old 03-05-2008

ebayhayeluv, i think you should write a book on how to make it successfully in the world. you're full of advice and knowledge.
Old 03-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Thumbs up gotta Try

highwhey, we know the road all too well. Try not to despair as there are ways
around this. One of the things to do is network here especially as you are
a registered member and look at the advice. ebay is no longer a one account
one user anymore. You gotta diversify, read between the lines and know you
can do this. To h*ll with your competitor and ebay, get my drift?
Old 03-06-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Highwhey, do you know anything about creating websites? Like setting up your own eCommerce website to sell your computers? I'm not talking about this taking over your eBay business. But you might want to think of creating a backup plan when eBay does take your accounts down. Right now you have you have all your eggs in one basket. You need to diversify and you need do what eBayhateluv suggested and have backups.

It's not the end of the world, its just you have some work to do now.

If eBayHateLuv can do it with 9 freaking kids, you can do it too!

Good luck,

P.S. PM me if there is anything I can do to help.
Old 03-06-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HIghwey.. Just Curious, I have 9 kids, I manage to save ALOT of money..
Did you place any in reserve??
The only way, to combat this entire problem we all face, is in NUMBERS..Its all a NUMBERS game.. numbers meaning:
--Having back ups to the backups,e tc.
--Having backup pyt methods
--having backup shipping methods
--backup--everything.
FYI-- I am on my #16 or 17 pp acct, the one im using, "I KNOW" the limitation is coming any hour, any day...
__ I already have atm cards in my purse for the next acct, and I;ve just requested atm cards for the # 2 in line acct, now working on the tenure of the #3 backup..
**This, I am sorry to say, is the only way that "I:" personally have been able to stay ahead of this rotten game...
** But, you also have to set yourself on a budget, put some funds away,
-- heck, i buy all of clothes off season, I just bought winter coats for $3, $5, $7...
The bathing suits were bought last fall for $1...
--hope this helps, and btw i very much admire the fact that you sound like a hard worker, and are going to college at the same time.. Bravo
Wow 9 kids? I can only imagine how buisy you are, this is why a lot of people admire you. As for saving, I did save alot because my mother always tells me to do it, but at the end of the year I use most of that saved money and make large payments for what I owe and I just did that January. I do have some money saved up to last me for 1-2 months. I'm considering getting a roommate so we can share the costs. Thanks for the advice and the encouragement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post
ebayhayeluv, i think you should write a book on how to make it successfully in the world. you're full of advice and knowledge.
she sure is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egayfees View Post
car parts are the number 1 seller on ebay right now
I'm looking into that, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
highwhey, we know the road all too well. Try not to despair as there are ways
around this. One of the things to do is network here especially as you are
a registered member and look at the advice. ebay is no longer a one account
one user anymore. You gotta diversify, read between the lines and know you
can do this. To h*ll with your competitor and ebay, get my drift?
Yup...ebayhateluv is always saying that, but I never really listened. This time I'm going to make a few "back-up" accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Highwhey, do you know anything about creating websites? Like setting up your own eCommerce website to sell your computers? I'm not talking about this taking over your eBay business. But you might want to think of creating a backup plan when eBay does take your accounts down. Right now you have you have all your eggs in one basket. You need to diversify and you need do what eBayhateluv suggested and have backups.

It's not the end of the world, its just you have some work to do now.

If eBayHateLuv can do it with 9 freaking kids, you can do it too!

Good luck,

P.S. PM me if there is anything I can do to help.
Thanks and I know a bit about web sites, I have to try this.
Old 03-06-2008

NOt really related, but for pc's...
Anyone know how some of these Power Sellers list a laptop, at 99 cents, let the auction close at like $240??
--I could never figure it out,, and they are like Dell, hp??
Even seen Desktops closing for $130???
Old 03-07-2008

Quote:
Anyone know how some of these Power Sellers list a laptop, at 99 cents, let the auction close at like $240??
they are old laptops, thats how much they usually cost now.
desktops are always nearly half the price of laptops, even with the same specs. because manufacturers have to fit all the parts that go into a computer into a tiny case in a laptop, those parts cost more, therefore laptops cost more. for desktops, they just stick in regular parts therefore it costs a lot less.
Old 03-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Probably old PC's. The computer industry is advancing rapidly, seriously. Most of those PC's being sold for 130$ are older generation, P4's DDR RAM, 80GB HDD...You can actually make a good deal of money if you know where to get them, I know a lot of businesses upgrading their pc's let their old pc's go for cheap. Although you need a lot of time for this.
Old 03-11-2008

Longevity: 93%

ebayhayeluv wow 9 kids well you have me beat by 2 lol

for others i know this is a stupid question but where are you getting the car parts from?