Any last minute advice? I'm ready to dive in. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-25-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Any last minute advice? I'm ready to dive in.

Ok, I've bought the stealth guide weeks ago...I've read it numerous times, I've researched on here and continually IM other members for advice, I've bought 2 stealth accounts and all is ready to go. I've made my seperate user accounts, and I've only logged into my gmail accounts to see what's there. Today, I will officially log into my Ebay account #1 and look around.

I have a few questions:

1. My husband created an account to buy years ago and as far as I know it's just sitting there...same address, but no other information would be the same...I think it's only a buyer account. My question is this...what if I were to log in under new IP and change address to a po box? Should I wait a long time from now, will it most likely get linked?

2. Before the suspension, my mom and I did everything together with Ebay including sharing account, we're in each other favorites, selling on each other's accounts...we used auctiva. She hasn't been booted yet, but we are both worried. We have stopped using information a long time ago and computers because of this. I'm going there this weekend and I'm taking my computer...should I be ok as long as I'm using the new IP addresses for each account?

3. I'm using an ATT shockwave stick for internet and the IP address changes each time I hook up. I tried to find mac so that I could assign Ip, but it won't work. I guess I'm destined to write down all these IP addresses? I'm ok for now, but once I hit 100, I'm going to find it challenging to cross reference all these...any ideas for that?

Thanks for any help or advice.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24kids View Post

3. I'm using an ATT shockwave stick for internet and the IP address changes each time I hook up. I tried to find mac so that I could assign Ip, but it won't work. I guess I'm destined to write down all these IP addresses? I'm ok for now, but once I hit 100, I'm going to find it challenging to cross reference all these...any ideas for that?

I use XL and just sort them numerically - that way I can instantly check if an IP has been used before. Realistically someone must have used each IP before so it really is only one piece of information they can garner.

Just make sure you change the ip when you change user accounts. Two user accounts logging in on the same IP does tend to be a giveaway

Best of luck with it
Old 05-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok, thanks so much....someone here at work is suppose to help my learn XL
Old 05-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

My essential advice would be - Go slowly and upload all tracking information you can to paypal, especially early on
Old 05-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi, ok when you say tracking information.....are you talking about tracking packages? I just wanted to be clear on that in case I'm missing something...thanks
Old 05-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yep thats right tracking packages. Paypal like to see tracking numbers uploaded.
Old 05-25-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
1. My husband created an account to buy years ago and as far as I know it's just sitting there...same address, but no other information would be the same...I think it's only a buyer account. My question is this...what if I were to log in under new IP and change address to a po box? Should I wait a long time from now, will it most likely get linked?
Yes you can do this and should be fine. Just as a buyer account.

Quote:
2. Before the suspension, my mom and I did everything together with Ebay including sharing account, we're in each other favorites, selling on each other's accounts...we used auctiva. She hasn't been booted yet, but we are both worried. We have stopped using information a long time ago and computers because of this. I'm going there this weekend and I'm taking my computer...should I be ok as long as I'm using the new IP addresses for each account?
If you are using a seperate computer/user account and your own internet connection. Their is no problem as everything is as per usual.

Quote:

Use excel, it does not need to be flashy. You could just make seperate columns for each ebay accounts and place the IP addresses underneath. Before you know it, you will also be picking up tricks and learning excel yourself.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-25-2011 at 04:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
Imakemoney (05-25-2011)
Old 05-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

^ do what shady said
Old 05-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok, good advice....so Shady, I could never use my husbands as a seller account? I just thought once I changed the information that it would not be linked. Well I can't wait to get started.

Thanks so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to mom24kids For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (05-25-2011)
Old 05-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%

Quote:
Ok, good advice....so Shady, I could never use my husbands as a seller account? I just thought once I changed the information that it would not be linked. Well I can't wait to get started.

Thanks so much.
You can update all you want. But, eB ay and Pa yP al keep records of everything you have ever done. Information does not disappear just because you deleted it.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
mom24kids (05-26-2011)
Old 05-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok, thanks Unknown, I figured that, but just had to ask I'm hoping my brother will let me use his so that I can have at least one "more secure" account. I'm having a hard time finding someone who's willing to share a ss#....even family.
Old 05-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Thanks so much.
If you think that, then you shoud not be diving in. Info changes your side but the old info is still on ebay/paypal records.

Also there are other options other than going to others for the SSN.

What are your long term plans for ebay/paypal (apart from not being linked or suspended).

Have you thought to hit the THANKS button at all? If you say you are getting a lot of help, then a little THANKS is good for users giving you help
mom24kids (05-26-2011)
Old 05-26-2011
Threadstarter  

GreenBean,

Thanks for your response.....my answer is "exactly"....I haven't started yet....which is why I'm posting. I still have not logged into my accounts just yet. I don't want to make any mistakes. My long term goals: I was a small seller of vintage items....maybe 30 a week. I quit my teaching job to stay at home with my four children and do Ebay on a larger scale...maybe 60 items a week instead of 30. Then, after resignation of course, I get booted off Ebay. Anyhoo, I opened an Etsy account about 2 weeks ago and I plan on getting my own website next year...but Ebay was consistent for me and I still need them

My intentions were to stay with Ebay till other venues pick up and then lower my listings until eventually no longer needing them.

I have no idea how long that will take, but that's the plan.
Old 05-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Excellent! Then I reckon your post was timely.

I can make a couple of suggestions that will help with the SSN.

Consider having an EIN. Correctly creating one will help you bypass the SSN.
It's not expensive, and, with paypal going the way it is, establishing yourself as a business from the start will assist long term.
Even though it is early days, consider having another payment method/merchant account.

Now I'm not going to overload you with too much info. But because you have not (re)started yet, laying this type of foundation will be benefical
Old 05-31-2011
Threadstarter  

hello, an update,

My brother has an Ebay account he created about 5 years ago, bought a phone, and never used it again. Anyhoo, he said I can use it. He never created a paypal, so that can be good for me....how should I proceed with his account other than the usual...seperate IP, etc. I created a user ID for this third account using his Ebay ID.

Will it be safe to change to a new email address and update telephone number? It's been so long since he used it, it would seem that there would be no suspicions for changes in information. There is nothing about his account that is similar to anything on my old accounts. Thanks for any information.
Old 05-31-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
hello, an update,

My brother has an Ebay account he created about 5 years ago, bought a phone, and never used it again. Anyhoo, he said I can use it. He never created a paypal, so that can be good for me....how should I proceed with his account other than the usual...seperate IP, etc. I created a user ID for this third account using his Ebay ID.

Will it be safe to change to a new email address and update telephone number? It's been so long since he used it, it would seem that there would be no suspicions for changes in information. There is nothing about his account that is similar to anything on my old accounts. Thanks for any information.
You will have no problem using this account as it is using real info. So if you do run into any problems after updating your info, you should easily be able sort it out. You should be fine as this is only an eBay account.

When setting up a PayPal I would recommend you set it up using your brothers details (with his consent though!), as it will make life easier in the future. You should go down the route of adding your own bank account. Beware that you could effect his credit rating if anything goes wrong etc etc etc...

I can't see any problems with this as long as it does not share similar details to a suspended eBay account from your past and you keep it seperate.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-31-2011 at 01:41 PM.