Anyone else get limited while trying to buy the stealth guide? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-09-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Anyone else get limited while trying to buy the stealth guide?

PayPal limited my account. I was trying to buy the Stealth Book just to avoid this very thing, but the "pay now" button would not work. I returned to my account to find it limited.
I thought I had gathered enough information from the forums to make an account that'd last long enough to make this one transaction so I could learn the rest of it since I don't have a credit card myself.

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

• Jun 9, 2011: We noticed some unusual activity in the bank account linked to your PayPal account.
What does this mean? They want me to confirm my bank account, but won't let me. Clicking resolve there only takes me to the page where you can add a new bank account. Adding the same account details just results in an error saying the account is already linked to PayPal. They also want me to confirm my location, which should be easy enough. Do I have to open another bank account and give them that? How else can I "confirm" my bank account?
Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

alot of people buy the stealth guide and dont get limited! sure it was not a coincidence?
Old 06-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

It's just a coincidence.
Old 06-09-2011

Longevity: 75%

Same thing happened to my yesterday when i was paying somebody for paypal VCC after some times i got a message says your account is limited WTF... they asked me to send either address proof with photo id or location confirm as it was easy, i did it and got it shorted.
Old 06-09-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Okay, so I was only limited for 20 minutes. I called them up and spoke with the lady who answered as sweetly as I could. I explained that the system wouldn't let me confirm the bank account I had on file and was asking me to add a new one. I asked if they wanted me to add a new bank account and said it wouldn't be a problem to confirm my location as well. What do you know? They took the limitation off! Just like that; didn't have to do a thing! I thought for sure I was in for a frightening lecture on how I had already been banned, that I was not allowed to have this new account etc but I didn't get any of that!
This account is legit too; just changed my e-mail, IP, bank account, address (I had access to a family member's address in a different city) and phone number. So far no complaints of linking.
Old 06-09-2011

Default how long?

how long have you had this new account, GenuineCorruption?

Last edited by dabig05; 06-09-2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: wrong
Old 06-09-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

PayPal closed my old account on the 26th of may (a friday). I opened this one and added the bank account on the 28th. Confirmed it on the 30th; added funds from my bank account which cleared on the 9th. As it did with my old account my first attempt to withdraw resulted in an access limitation. I made two transactions this evening after that with no trouble!
That PayPal employee was really nice; or maybe I just managed to say all the right things to avoid her being suspicious of me. Now I wonder if she would seem like a totally different person had I called in about my other account which is locked with no appeals?
Old 06-10-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineCorruption View Post
..... added funds from my bank account which cleared on the 9th. .....
I'd avoid to fund pa y pal from bank if the bank account holder's name don't match the stealth name on P ay pal. They can't see infos when you withdraw from PP to the bank account, but when you add funds from bank they WILL see some details, at least Bank account holder's name.
This may explain as why your account was limited.
Old 06-10-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The names do match actually, so far I have managed to get away with using my real name (and a different but genuine address which I could prove if I had to). IP, Bank account, E-mail, Mac address, address and phone number are different from the old account but still authentic. It is also a premier account where my old one was a personal one. Could this have anything to do with the reason why they haven't shut me down since we're permitted to have one personal and one premier or business account?