HSBC Chargeback - used paypal first - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default HSBC Chargeback - used paypal first

I bought an items from a company in thailand cost me near to £500, my paypal did not have the funds so i used entropay to load the vcc and then i made the paypal payment which then automatically deduced the money from the vcc as the paypal account i think was empty or just had less than £20 in.

Good arrived, when i checked the amount i ordered was 40, but only 32 arrived and some of the items were damaged, so i put a claim in paypal, but somehow paypal decided to remove the claim in resolution centre, without any reason, i emailed the seller, he said sorry i cant help you, its not my fault.

Now the time limit for the claim on paypal has passed as paypal just magically removed my claim, without telling me why

so i'm up the creek close to £500, can i do a HSBC chargeback, for items damaged, missing quantity................etc
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The relevance of HSBC to this?

Let me guess, they are your usual bank? You used a credit card from them to fund entropay?

I'm not so sure that HSBC will welcome a chargeback. However you have rights with entropay.
Contact them to check. suppport@entropay.com is the best method.
lucy, how could you NOT sit on paypal to get this resolved in your favour. there's no excuse for 'somehow paypal removed the clai' etc.

For starters you have been on this forum long enough to know what paypal do.

Is the seller in Thailand linked to any of the B2B companies? A seller declining to help just outbluffed you. See what entropay say
Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

If you used HSBC Credit card to initially fund the EP, you have a chance of doing chargeback - prob ruin your EP account but it`s whatever at this point....decisions.

All the best.
Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

greenbean, major major slip up on my part, i was not paying attention at all to the time limits, the paypal claim i filed, but i have no idea why without any warning paypal removed the claim i had filed, no email from them no nothing, the seller is from thailand and from one of those b2b companies that are on alibaba

hasb is the bank that i used to fund the entropay vcc, which is linked to the paypal account

i've emailed the seller and he is not being helpful, on top of all this i've been taxed around £90 customs tax ontop of the £500 that i spent, this i did not expect, a double wammy, first goods not as described/missing quantities and then the tax

would it be wise to contact hsbc 1st and see what they say regarding chargeback, because i cant go to paypal, the limit of 45 days has gone, thats due to me being lazy, so i hold my hands up with that one.

never done a chargeback before, do i say that i received missing goods or what, whats the way to do it?
Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Go to your bank and talk to the clerks about your issue and regarding filing a chargeback, there are really no other ways to do it,
Old 06-11-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

i used hsbc card to fund the entropay vcc which was then charged as the paypal account didnt have funds in, so would i be contacting entropay instead?
Old 07-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

lucy, I admit I am a bit miffed that you appear to be a 260 plus poster on this board yet you seem to make the kind of mistakes that one might have expected from a paypal newbie.I find it amazing you let slip the 45 day paypal claim limit go unoticed on your radar until it expired on a purchase of some £600 odd quid! You really do need to take a step back from things & take stock of your approach, or you are heeded for more serious trouble ahead.

International shipments (depending on customs product category code/item value/size/weight) are usually liable to a customs duty, exercise & UK VAT (0.20%) or the sort at some level for which the buyer is usually responsible for costwise.

Alibaba is a known FRAUD/SCAMMER hotspot & you are strongly advised to exercise EXTREME care & do your due diligence on your seller if you really really insist on doing business on that b2b platform.

If I was in your shoes I'd have contacted HSBC with regards to a CHAREGBACK & then afterwards contacted ENTROPAY to see what, if any assistance they would be willing to provide.I'd have thought their website would have been useful pointer to gain an insight into the scope of their liabiity/customer support.

Since it is an international shipment, & your paypal claim expired, the odds look stacked against you totally....I'd hate to say it to you but I have a horrible feeling you are going to have to suck up this loss.

Last edited by SUVE; 07-29-2011 at 09:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SUVE For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (07-30-2011)
Old 07-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Did paypal decide in the sellers favor? Maybe you missed one of the "deadlines" to respond to the case?
Old 07-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

Quote:
'.Now the time limit for the claim on paypal has passed as paypal just magically removed my claim, without telling me why..'.
mercurial333, the 45 day paypal claim period did expire & I am hedging my bet that the seller got away with this....