Is it ok to have a pre-paid CC account with my real address to verify with paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-11-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Question Is it ok to have a pre-paid CC account with my real address to verify with paypal?

I signed up for a pre-paid credit card from a company which was recommended in the Stealth Book. I had to get it sent to me and in order for the to occur, I had to tell them my real address.

Is this ok? I'm going to use it for verification to sign up to paypal....

I'm nervous about this though as I've invested a lot of time to ensure that I won't be linked to my other limited paypal account.

The company i signed up to was 'Cashplus'. A UK company. I thought it would have been a virtual credit card, so I typed in a random address and clicked submit only to find out that it was gonna be sent. So I had to call them and give them my real address. Do you think it would be wise to call them again to change it back? Or will I be ok with my real address on their database?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Can you not change your address online once you receive the card?
Old 08-13-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

No, the account has to be open for at least 30 days to do it online. However, I had to call them and I gave them the address that isnt traced to me. The thing is, I called them at 10am and its now after 2pm and I've just checked my online account with them and it still has my home address on!!!! Should I wait till monday and check it again? or do you think it would be safe to go ahead and create my paypal account?

I'm always running into problems with setting this up that it's been months....I'm getting annoyed now
Old 08-13-2011

Longevity: 73%

If you are concerned with privacy. I would suggest you start all over. It sounds like you're not too invested in this "new" account yet. After all it's free to do so.

Other wise if any bits of your real info is already there, you will be linked.
Old 08-14-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I managed to change the address. It just took longer to show up online.

So I went ahead and signed up for a paypal account. I type in the card details and paypal wrote this error message

'This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.'

Do you know why this could have occured?
Old 08-14-2011

Could be the balance, could be the fact that you have recently changed the address, could be that Cashplus doesn't do AVS, could be an number of things,

Old 08-14-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

AVS?....Also I've ran into another hiccup...

Paypal are asking for verification to lift limits! I'm so annoyed! Of course now I have a stealth account, I can't give them this information.

Is there a way around this? I used a 'greggs' address as my address of course didn't put greggs, but put their address up.

And also, I think I accidently forgot to use my dongle when I went back onto paypal.

Everything is falling apart. Makes me doubt ever investing time and money into this. It's too hard.

Please advise me how I would get past this verification thing. What if they find out am using a greggs address. I'm so annoyed right now.
Old 08-15-2011

Longevity: 74%

Hey Jensalt,

It sounds like you should really read the guide and slow down. You are rushing too fast and making mistakes. I have learned from the guide and this forum you have to be consistent and careful if you want these accounts to last.

I have created multiple accounts, but I am creating each identity slowly and correctly. I know there is an urgency to sell on eBay. But eBay is cracking down and you are wasting your precious time.

Good luck and stay positive. You will be able to get thru this. There is a lot of good information and experienced forum members on here to help you.