Please Help Me, Hello Im New - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 72%
Smile Please Help Me, Hello Im New

Hi there hope you can help me:

i was just wandering, does the new stealth ebay account have to be with the same details of the paypal stealth account? And i have 4 ebay accounts, 2 of which i only made a few weeks ago, there are no restrictions etc (just what you get as a new seller), but i have logged onto all 4 of my accounts using same ip, etc.., can i make 2 new stealth accounts, and also keep the 2 semi new accounts (since their setup with paypal etc) without being interlinked, if i do as the ebay stealth guide says, ? Furthermore, i live in Spain, have an address in Spain and the UK, one of my semi new accounts is registered in UK and the other registered in Spain, but both are being accessed by my IP in Spain...,(these are not stealth accounts) i havnt had any problems so far (just limited to 10 items per month as they are pretty much brand new), i also have an eBay account which has very good feedback and is over 7years old registered in the UK, which has a limit of 3 items per month due to a VERO policy i apparently broke......, i spoke to eBay and they said it will be rmeoved soon as im improving my selling performance...but my question is, do i have to scrap all of these accounts? and start completely new, or just keep them and have a couple of new stealth accounts?, whats the problem if logging into a uk registered ebay account if im actually in Spain?

Your fast reply would be much appreciated..kindest of regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2011

Activity: 0%

hello welcome in the forum
The Following User Says Thank You to infinity875 For This Useful Post:
josh (09-27-2011)
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

ebay and paypal details should match.

the IP thing is becoming an issue, it used to be ok, it depends on how the account was set up and its success and how old it is, also if you have already sent docs to them for ID. No do not scrap anything, keep them going until you have an issue, whilst VPN is usually detected by ebay, if you do start having probs, then you have nothing to lose but to consider the costs of vps or unique VPN. You can also consider telling them you are UK person with home in Spain, or you could consider logging in as often as you can thru an agent like auctiva, that does not show your IP.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-27-2011 at 03:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
josh (09-27-2011)
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,945 Times in 8,236 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - oompa is very savvy and gives solid advice. All the best josh
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
josh (09-27-2011)
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

hi, thanks guys, especially oompa, really appreciate it...so im right in saying that if i log in to my ebay accounts through auctiva, then they cannot trace my IP? so i could have a uk registered account and access it through auctiva in spain?
kind regards
Old 09-27-2011

Longevity: 76%

Hi Josh

Yes you could. As Oompah has told you, you cannot log in to a UK account from Spain without raising flags. It is do-able but very high risk. Auctiva takes away that risk

Use Thunderbird for your emails. The problem you have is if customers ask you questions through Ebay as you do not get their email address.

Do you have someone in the UK that you could organise a remote log in with?
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
josh (09-28-2011)
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi Granny T thanks for your reply, im afraid i dont have anyone i can solely trust to do remote log in..., however when i receieve quiestions about items etc through ebay they come through to my emails on my blackberry and i reply from ym blackberry here in Spain..., if i used auctiva to list and logged on occasionally in an internet cafe, or wifi spot, would they just think im on holiday? could this work?
Kind Regards
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Hi Granny T thanks for your reply, im afraid i dont have anyone i can solely trust to do remote log in..., however when i receieve quiestions about items etc through ebay they come through to my emails on my blackberry and i reply from ym blackberry here in Spain..., if i used auctiva to list and logged on occasionally in an internet cafe, or wifi spot, would they just think im on holiday? could this work?
Kind Regards
Yes it could work.

Auctiva has a monthly fee though, all you ever need to log for is feedback and to deal with paypal, otherwise listing can all be done via auctiva.

Thing is you could log in to ebay from Spain IP and be fine, so it is up to you really, geo-location issues can come up, but they do not always...but now you have a few options to think about...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-27-2011 at 11:34 AM.
josh (09-28-2011)
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi oompa, thanks a lot, yes i have a few options now ...., last thing (i think), for example on one of my current non stealth accounts which i have had for 7years, i have almost every address i can think of saved as postal addresses, with my name on the top of the address...does that mean i cant use any of these addresses to open a new account up..do they link the postal addresses up? or is it just the main address what you register the account with? kindest of regards
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

registration links are usually made by auto-bots, so combo of door number and postcode, a bit like avs, would link and go to possible manual review, if then at that point a name is common with both addresses then they have a hit. You mean the extra postal addresses you add to ebay or paypal? well we have to assume they get logged and can be used for linking.

We give ebay a bit too much credit, alot of us make slip ups and think we will get linked and nothing happens, the most dangerous links I think are cookies and flash cookies, as they positively identify your PC with both accounts, next I would say using on the same day identical IPs, is one to watch out for.....

so going back to address issue you could try a different name with that same address, but to be on safe-side a different or a variation of your address may be ok.

You have not been banned yet, so your addresses are ok, I assume, you are taking pre-emptive measures, which is great...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-27-2011 at 03:06 PM.
josh (09-28-2011)
Old 09-27-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

welcome josh

sound advice from the ever so knowledgeable oompa
The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
josh (09-28-2011)
Old 09-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Kind Regards
Since your ultimate aim is to not link stick with anything that minimizes that.
(obviously)
ebay is more tolerant with IPs than paypal.

Use gmail with images turned off.
We've had reports lately of thunderbird causing links.
Below is a horror story.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...tml#post272666
josh (09-28-2011), madmuppet303 (09-28-2011)
Old 09-28-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

thanks a lot everyone, im trying to do the first step of changing my IP address for different ebay accounts...., i have found that my ip address is dynamic so it changes everytime i reset the router (correct me if im wrong), i have logged onto to access my routers configuration page, but i cannot find the current MAC address, i can just find a bunch of emtpy boxes, where you fill in a MAC address that corresponds to a certain IP address (that i have to fill in i guess), but how do i know what to write? and this comes under LAN setup>static DHCP... is this correct?

Once again guys you are helping me soo much, and i appreciate you taking some time out to reply, kind regards
Old 09-28-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi ooompa, thanks for your reply, one of my paypal accounts got banned indefinately, and thats just bugged me a lot as i was doing a nice little "business" thorugh that..., so im going to start completely new (well pretty much).....thanks for your help
Old 09-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

you do not need to mess with the mac, if your ip is dynamic, it should change when you turn router off then on again, check it with IPBurger.
josh (09-28-2011)
Old 09-28-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

ok, thanks, i have 2 routers now, which obviously have 2 different MAC addresses..., so i could in theory just use the same mac address to log onto all my stealth accounts assuming that my IP has changed? but then why does it say i have to change the MAC address in the guide? also should i keep a record of the IP address i use to log onto my account each time i log on? thanks soooo much! your veyr helpful
Old 09-28-2011

yeah you should keep a log of ip`s used for each account,

i think the changing mac part in the stealth guide is if you have a Static IP and it will not change like dynamic ip`s change

if you got dynamic you need not worry about mac address like oompa said
The Following User Says Thank You to GTB For This Useful Post:
josh (09-28-2011)
Old 09-28-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

hi, thanks, yes i have a dynamic ip address, it changed everytime i turn it off/on, but then shouldn't the IP address stay the same for a particular account until the IP expires? would ebay not think that im logging in from lots of different locations and get suspicious , thanks again

Last edited by josh; 09-28-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: mistake***
Old 09-28-2011

Longevity: 76%

Not at all - when I'm in full party mode I can get through 20 ips a day

The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
josh (09-28-2011)
Old 09-28-2011

no because dynamic ip`s do that,do not worry about that,it is not a problem

no,honestly,its not a problem,i do it,change ip everytime i log into a different account

full marks for thinking about this in a stealthy manner but its not a problem
Old 09-28-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

ok thanks a lot guys!,
Old 09-28-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

one last question, why would i keep a rcord of the IP addresses then?, is it incase i am issued the same IP address that has previously been used to login for another account? if so, that means i have to check the new IP address on IPBurger and check that the exact same IP has not been used previously? if it did match on another account, would i just reset the router-modem again? thanks!