New Member of this Group - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default New Member of this Group

While I am new to this group (I just found you yesterday using Google), I am not new to ebay, I have been playing this game for 10 years now since 1998. I have been through hundreds of seller accounts over the years, which of course means I have been suspended hundreds of times. I hope to gain some new insights into playing the ebay game as well as to pass on some tips that I have discovered. I don't have a lot of time right now, but I will pass on a few experiences and tips that I have been using.

1. My most "harrowing" experience was in 2000-2001 when I had the police show up at my front door, it seems ebay had filed a complaint with my local PD that I had been "trespassing" on their my site and ebay claimed I was violating the law. The experience was mostly humorous as I showed the police several examples of emails I received advertising my right to sell, these emails were sent by ebay to my suspended accounts. It was like ebay suspended an account and then sent me advertising emails that I should sell. As the "meeting" was somewhat humorous and the police were kind of laughing at the ebay emails, I asked them "what could I possibly be arrested for" and "what laws might I be breaking". They said there was noting illegal going on.

2. For credit card registration, I have been using a certain virtual credit card service for about 5 years. To the best of my knowledge, I have never had an account suspended for using this service. When I need a new ebay account, I just purchase another virtual credit card, the cost is a few dollars. I do not want to post the name of the service in an open forum, perhaps the sysop or other trusted member can let me know how to best share this information.

3. For the last 1-2 years, my accounts have mainly been suspended for non payment of fees. My accounts last 2-3 months. I usually pay some of the first invoice I receive, I cant afford to pay the entire invoice, but I make a small payment to pay what I can. When the police had come to my house years ago, they reminded me that it is not fraud to not be able to pay your bills but is is best to make a minimum payment on your credit cards or other revolving accounts. If someone ever gets sued and has to file for bankruptcy, all debts are discharged unless fraud can be proven.

4. I use paypal exclusively and have never had a hold placed on my paypal account. To the best of my knowledge, eBay and paypal have never linked my accounts when I set up a new account. I have 3 paypal accounts but have only used one. I use the same account with different email addresses. I have had the paypal account I currently use since 2001. When my account balance gets over 100.00 on it, I transfer to checking account or use debit card with cash back. I make checking account transfers 4-5 times a week. After 24 hours, the transfer shows "completed" in paypal log and apparently cannot be recalled.

5. I have used ebay blackthorne exclusively for many years, I used the program before ebay purchased Blackthorne. To the best of my knowledge, I have never had an account suspended due to a link to Blackthorne. I se3ll the same items over and over and it is easy to use Blackthorne to set up new accounts. I just "backup" the database to a new database when I need a new account.

More Later ....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2008

Longevity: 95%

Wow, Zymo, sounds like youve been through alot..
SOunds like youre playing Russian Roulette with alot of things, too.. I have almost /almost been thourgh as many pp accts as ebay accts--although i am just a 9 month Ebay lifer... (Suspended for Life)..
--BUt I joined in 95 when they were auction bid- then really didnt get going into selling until 98/99.
--I ended up at the end having 4 accts runnning to sell my mdse--2 in my name, 2 in my dads-all got the axe for being linked to the orig.
-I used Blackthorne,but i liked the old act manager, they retired
Amazing how pp hasnt linked you using diff emails? they allow what 7? so you would have to be constantly removing/adding emai addys//
Good Luck, alot of great info here + theres a brand New e-book called Stealth--its Fab!
Old 04-05-2008

Longevity: 97%

Welcome. My story is like yours. I joined eBay when it was Auction Bid but just bought, then I started selling in 2000 and successfully ran a business for 7 years...I had 11 7+ year old accounts. I woke one morning last year to find every account suspended for "Abusing eBay" although my feedback was 98%+ on all accounts. My Paypal account just turned 8 years old and was limited this week, first time ever, for suspicious activity. What a crock of sh*t. Since my mass suspension I have been through dozens of accounts, all suspended until I figured out what i was doing wrong, thanks to this forum. There is a wealth of info here, use it and learn from it. PS I see that you are a registered supporter, everything posted inside the MEMBERS AREA is safe from the general public, only paid subscribers see this part, so feel free to post sensitive info here. Good luck!
Old 04-05-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
I do not want to post the name of the service in an open forum, perhaps the sysop or other trusted member can let me know how to best share this information.
Just post it in the Member Area, most likely its already been used here, but if not its always good to have new vcc's

Im curious to know when was the last time you had an eb account set up and receiving payments to that old paypal? As this is a way to be linked, and of coarse eb will not lead on as to why you are suspended anymore...
Old 04-05-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Welcome zymo, a lot of things have changed in the past couple of years. What worked before isn't working anymore...

You found the right place though, we're pretty much up to date with every change eBay makes and we find ways to keep selling. Good luck, and let me know if you need any help.

Aspkin
Old 04-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
Just post it in the Member Area, most likely its already been used here, but if not its always good to have new vcc's
The VCC that I use is from epassporte I have been using them for years and have never had a problem or rejection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
Im curious to know when was the last time you had an eb account set up and receiving payments to that old paypal? As this is a way to be linked, and of coarse eb will not lead on as to why you are suspended anymore...
My current ebay selling account was created in Jan 2008 and I started selling with it around 2 weeks ago. The paypal account I am using was created in 2003 and my "rating" on paypal is 2100+. I estimate that I have used the same PP account for 40-50 different ebay userid's. I just add/delete email addresses as needed. I received a payment around 5 minutes ago. To the best of my knowledge, the accounts have never been linked and I have never had any restrictions on the PP account. Perhaps I have just been lucky flying under the radar. I also fully expect the PP account to get linked and/or restricted at any time, nothing this good can last forever.
Old 04-05-2008

Same PP account for 40-50 EB accounts? Wow!! Curious if you have changed any other information on this "golden" PP account except the email adding & dropping?
Old 04-05-2008

Longevity: 94%

Last time I tried this adding/deleting email was in Nov and was linked that way...others have been linked that way...but if it works for you then hopefully you can keep doing it...I wasn't limited just the eb account was suspended...maybe i'll try it again and see what happens...

What part of Nor Cal are you in? I used to live in Humboldt County (Arcata)
Old 04-05-2008

TLK: Same thing here. PP was never limited just the eb got suspended. I tried adding an email to that pp account & got linked...then suspended again. Never thought about just dropping the entire email & adding a new one. Would love to know if this will stick.
Old 04-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyDisgusted View Post
Same PP account for 40-50 EB accounts? Wow!! Curious if you have changed any other information on this "golden" PP account except the email adding & dropping?
No other changes other than email add/delete. I don't know if this matters, but 95 percent of my payments are under 20.00 .. For whatever reason, this account has been under the radar for 5 years now.