Advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Exclamation Advice

Hi guys

I used to run a business selling items on eBay for a few years, and gained over 1500+ positive feedbacks. The DSR rule killed this account and there was nothing I could do about it, I can no longer sell on that account. This account was in my Dad's name and I always traded under my Dad's name.

When this account became indefinitely suspended from selling, I opened a new eBay account in my own name. I sold similar products and perhaps stupidly used the same computer/ip address etc.. so eBay presumably assumed that it was my Dad selling on my account, and soon killed that account by also indefinitely restricting it. This is pretty frustrating as my DSR's on this new account were all 5/5 and the account status was great. What's more frustrating is that I assume I can no longer trade under my own name or my Dad's name.

For the past few months business has really struggled without eBay. The marketplace is huge, especially for what I specialize in, new and used mountain bike parts.

I urgently need to get back on eBay. I have purchased the stealth guide and read it over and over but need advice from you guys to make sure I make the right decisions in starting my new eBay account.

Firstly, I have access to an address in a similar area (about 5 miles away) from my previous account's registered address'. As far as I am aware there are no other eBay accounts registered to this address.

I intend to run my new eBay account from this new address at all times. This way I won't risk getting tracked on the new account at the previous address' or tracked using the same IP address'.

Here are my questions..

1) I'm assuming the above is a great setup for registering a new eBay account, is it?

2) What name do I register the new account under? I do not have any friends or family who's name and details I can use. What is the importance of the account holders name anyway? Will I need to prove the name is mine, and if so, how?

3) Will I need to register a new PayPal account? My current PayPal account is fully functional and never given me any issues. I have used it with the 2 previous eBay accounts that are now restricted.

4) If I do need to register a new PayPal account, what name do I register it under?

5) Assuming I do register a new PayPal account, will I have to have a brand new bank account attached to it? My only 2 bank accounts have both previously been used on my current PayPal account.

I think that's about it for now. Just looking for advice and answers. Please don't tell me just read the guide again, I would love to hear precise answers from you guys..

Cheers!

:D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-22-2011

Longevity: 73%

All of your questions will be answered in the Stealth Book, the ones that aren't have been answered in the forums many times

The key to this is research, research and research...
Old 11-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSunny View Post
All of your questions will be answered in the Stealth Book, the ones that aren't have been answered in the forums many times

The key to this is research, research and research...
I've read the stealth guide lots. I have also researched, but never found any concise answers.

I just need some clear, concise answers from some experienced users on here who are willing to spend less than 1 minute of their time replying for me.
Old 11-22-2011

Longevity: 73%

I understand that all of the information on here can be quite bewildering, I think it took me about 4 weeks of constantly reading the forums, asking questions and reading the Stealth Book before I could get a grasp on what I needed to do.

I'm not trying to be unhelpful or say we won't answer your questions but you aren't going to benefit from being spoon fed the information. When I first started asking broad questions like you are now I couldn't understand why people just didn't give me straight answers but now I do.

It isn't enough to know what you need to do, for you to succeed in this you need to know and understand what needs to be done and that you will only achieve by reading through the forums. All of the questions you have asked are answered in the Stealth Book.

I'll point you in the right direction though, forget anything you have that you used in conjunction with your old accounts, especially your bank accounts and paypal accounts. If you use them then you can kiss goodbye to your new accounts pretty much straight away. You have to start from scratch, everything must be new/different

Last edited by TLSunny; 11-22-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSunny View Post
I understand that all of the information on here can be quite bewildering, I think it took me about 4 weeks of constantly reading the forums, asking questions and reading the stealth book before I could get a grasp on what I needed to do.

I'm not trying to be unhelpful or say we won't answer your questions but you aren't going to benefit from being spoon fed the information. When I first started asking broad questions like you are now I couldn't understand why people just didn't give me straight answers but now I do.

It isn't enough to know what you need to do, for you to succeed in this you need to know and understand what needs to be done and that you will only achieve by reading through the forums. All of the questions you have asked are answered in the stealth book.

I'll point you in the right direction though, forget anything you have that you used in conjunction with your old accounts, especially your bank accounts. If you use them then you can kiss goodbye to your new accounts pretty much straight away. You have to start from scratch, everything must be new/different
Appreciate that, thanks. I do not mind paying an experienced user on here for their advice/time if needs be.

My main concern at the moment is registering a new eBay account with a new name. My name is pretty hard to variate as my first name is pretty rare. Sure it must be easy enough to register a new PayPal account / Bank account with any old name but what happens when eBay ask for some ID?
Old 11-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouttingforparts View Post
Hi guys

Firstly, I have access to an address in a similar area (about 5 miles away) from my previous account's registered address'. As far as I am aware there are no other eBay accounts registered to this address.
Quote:
I intend to run my new eBay account from this new address at all times. This way I won't risk getting tracked on the new account at the previous address' or tracked using the same IP address'.
What have you done about the IP? You have not touched on that in the rest of your thread nor much about the 'net' side of a new stealth account.

Quote:
Here are my questions..

1) I'm assuming the above is a great setup for registering a new eBay account, is it?
Ideal to have a new unlinked address for a new account, yes.

Quote:
2) What name do I register the new account under? I do not have any friends or family who's name and details I can use. What is the importance of the account holders name anyway? Will I need to prove the name is mine, and if so, how?
Never use family/friends info. Look what happened to your Dad's account. Make the name as if it's a business. Pick something like Need Spoon Feeding. Should ebay/paypal ask for info, it is supplied. One would talk to me

Quote:
3) Will I need to register a new PayPal account? My current PayPal account is fully functional and never given me any issues. I have used it with the 2 previous eBay accounts that are now restricted.
No way can you use this paypal on a new account. It's my GOLDEN RULE of advice. a paypal associated with suspended ebay accounts can NEVER be used on ebay again. You have stated that you have had 2> Too too risky to risk the 3rd. Learn this word quickly LINK. Never ever link.

Quote:
4) If I do need to register a new PayPal account, what name do I register it under?
Make the name the same as your ebay account. Ideal to have info matching.

Quote:
5) Assuming I do register a new PayPal account, will I have to have a brand new bank account attached to it? My only 2 bank accounts have both previously been used on my current PayPal account.
Yes. recall that new word I asked you to learn, LINK. Using same bank accounts will link . Worse, soon as you attempt to add one already being used it gives a message that you can not add it. Ergo, new bank account & preferably one which allows the direct debit mandate. But that's another thread .

Quote:
I think that's about it for now. Just looking for advice and answers. Please don't tell me just read the guide again, I would love to hear precise answers from you guys..
Cheers!
:D
It took me MUCH MORE than one minute to give you a reply that may go some way to helping you create a stealth account. And if you really want to know I have only answered what questions you put to the thread. There's more that needs consideration. Dont assume it takes less time. To be long term stealth, there are concise methods. They need to be explained.
SUVE (11-23-2011), TGMT² (11-22-2011)