New guy needs advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default New guy needs advice

Just got shut down after a 10 year run on ebay US. Have wife's ID and can get a friends address. Just want to get up again on ebay as straight up as possible can even start a corporation what would be the best move? I could never keep straight all the stealth things you guys do to keep going heck I even messed up being straight up, 5 low DSR's on 500 feedbacks brought me down. After reading the ebook I see lots of mistakes that I made.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2011

Longevity: 76%

Hi there and welcome to the forums from across 'the pond'

If you have read the book then you are more than half way there.

The one thing you MUST do is make sure that you do everything different this time - be a little bit paranoid - assume that if it can go wrong it will go wrong - and then take the necessary steps to avoid it.

I'm assuming (and please tell me if I'm wrong) that you weren't selling anything that Ebay objected to. If that is the case and, as you have already mentioned DSRs, all you can do is run your business the best you know how and not make the mistakes you made last time.

One thing I would do is make a 'back up' account or two - there are no certainties in this game that we are playing in.

There are a lot of your countrymen on this forum who are very well skilled in the art of stealth in your country. Fortunately for you they are very generous with their advise.

Best of luck and I hope to read good stories about your success

Old 07-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I just wish there was somewhere else to go I list also on 5 or 6 other auction sites it's a black hole of no sales. Low DSR's were for not as described and communication.
Then I see other seller top rated charging high shipping and other things I would avoid.
Old 07-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I did not realize that once your account is restricted you can't close it. What about if it was hacked and I complained to ebay about that? Anyway to get that account closed? Also I have another seller account linked to restricted account that has not been taken down yet any way to save that one?
Old 07-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybuster View Post
I did not realize that once your account is restricted you can't close it. What about if it was hacked and I complained to ebay about that? Anyway to get that account closed? Also I have another seller account linked to restricted account that has not been taken down yet any way to save that one?
If you report being hacked they will investigate and find that you indeed did it. Simple checking on their part for IP's ETC.

Just abandon it and start a new fresh stealth account

as for the other account getting linked. YES it will eventually but if its still up just use it until it does go down. Then in the mean time have another one ready to go when/if it does go.

always have a back up