What's going to happen??? =/ - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-01-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default What's going to happen??? =/

What's going to happen??? =/

I recently had an auction that ended up with the paypal transaction being frozen. I needed that money to pay BILLS. It was over $900, and the buyer stated the item wasn't as described after he spoke with me via text message. There were 7 items in the package and I described them perfect.

Described as almost new with a bit of wear and tear on the bottoms from use. These are 70's & 80's slot cars btw. He said one of the cars has a crack on the bottom. I won't refund his money because I think he is lying or he switched the cars. There were no cracks when I had them in my possession. He wanted $300 back or else he was going to contact ebay. I told him no, so he opened a case against me.

In your opinion, what is going to happen in this situation. Am I going to have to refund his money or is his SOL? It has annoyed me
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Next time please use paragraphs... otherwise ppl won't read your post.

Most likely PP will favour the buyer, ask him to return the goods to you first then they'll refund him in full.

eBa and PP will 9.9 out of 10 times side with buyers... no matter what. So keep that in mind.

I don't know why you are communicating through txt... if I were you, it'd be a phone call.

Now you have to be careful in this instant... what if you lose your eBay and PP accounts?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (07-01-2011)
Old 07-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 76%

Unless you can produce some really substantial evidence that everything in the box was in good condition when it left your hands, you will definitely lose this case.
Old 07-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

If item not described issue you are in bad position. I know it sucks but I would meet him half way. Maybe $150. But do this as a resolution on ebay. Also if you can get him to say item was not in "condition" he expected then you have a slim chance. I did this once and won the case because items listed as used or like new are not covered by ebay. However if you listed item as NEW then you will lose.

Keep us updated. From now on only communicate with him through payapl.

Forgot to add was the package insured? $900 I hope so. If damaged during shipment you can file a claim.

Last edited by newjerseymax; 07-01-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: forgot to add
Old 07-01-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Did you have pictures showing in the auction? If I were you, I would take many pictures especially the wear and tear parts on the items.
Old 07-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Trying to win a "not as described" case is nearly impossible. At best, they will tell the buyer to send the items back and refund their money.

For future reference, NEVER EVER EVER rely on PayPal funds to pay your bills. If they freeze the account, then that is that. ALWAYS have a backup.

When PayPal decides to hold your money, you are STUCK. You can call them, cry, scream, beg and plead or threaten to sue and they will not care. Their reps hear the same things all the time.
Old 07-01-2011

I hope everything works out for you man stay positive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Trying to win a "not as described" case is nearly impossible. At best, they will tell the buyer to send the items back and refund their money.

For future reference, NEVER EVER EVER rely on PayPal funds to pay your bills. If they freeze the account, then that is that. ALWAYS have a backup.

When PayPal decides to hold your money, you are STUCK. You can call them, cry, scream, beg and plead or threaten to sue and they will not care. Their reps hear the same things all the time.
Weico what do you mean never ever ever rely on paypal funds to pay bills? Why do people sell on ebay then for fun?

Last edited by SaiJin; 07-02-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by expiredpeanutbutter View Post
Weico what do you mean never ever ever rely on paypal funds to pay bills? Why do people sell on ebay then for fun?
No. But until the money is IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT you cannot be certain of anything. PayPal is too volatile to trust that you will be able to withdraw funds problem-free. Of course, most of us on the stealth forums are jaded by past bad experiences.
Old 07-01-2011

Longevity: 75%

Exactly, when i count my cash, i will never take into account anything in paypal, it is never safe until your withdrawal to bank account was shown in paypal as completed.
Old 07-02-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjia View Post
Exactly, when i count my cash, i will never take into account anything in paypal, it is never safe until your withdrawal to bank account was shown in paypal as completed.
Never can be sure even on that. I once had a payment I sent get reversed by PayPal.
Old 07-03-2011

maybe it is different here in aussie. from what i understood, they dont have the right to debit your bank account without your permission. so as long as the status is shown as "completed" in your paypal, the money is yours, however, if it is still "pending", paypal has the right to reverse it. you said yours was reversed, did the status show "completed"?
Old 07-03-2011

Longevity: 78%

This is not the best outcome but I recently lost a SNAD case then they changed the outcome.
They called it "reversed the outcome" and took away the case on my acct
Ebay paid the money back, they never took it from my scammer.
Showed up about 3-4 days later in my Paypal acct

About a week later the Trust and Safety Dept renigged and reinstated my scammer after booting him
They also renigged on their promise to remove the neg

Last edited by Melissa1971; 07-03-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 07-03-2011

Quote:
maybe it is different here in aussie. from what i understood, they dont have the right to debit your bank account without your permission. so as long as the status is shown as "completed" in your paypal, the money is yours, however, if it is still "pending", paypal has the right to reverse it. you said yours was reversed, did the status show "completed"?
They do it all the time. The only way to prevent it is to close the account
Old 07-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Wrong, believe me. You have not carefully checked their T&S. That's not for this thread however.

If paypal in any country 'want' that money, they will try to get it. they will try even if the reasons are not right.
Old 07-03-2011

With items of high value for personal protection agaisnt fraud always............

-Take pictures of all angles, sides, etc.
-Put your name, date, info on a piece of paper in pictures
-Take pictures of seriel numers, important specific info

If worse comes to worse file a police report and sit back, because you will have nothing to worry about
Old 07-03-2011

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techtyrant View Post
What's going to happen??? =/

I recently had an auction that ended up with the paypal transaction being frozen. I needed that money to pay BILLS. It was over $900, and the buyer stated the item wasn't as described after he spoke with me via text message. There were 7 items in the package and I described them perfect.

Described as almost new with a bit of wear and tear on the bottoms from use. These are 70's & 80's slot cars btw. He said one of the cars has a crack on the bottom. I won't refund his money because I think he is lying or he switched the cars. There were no cracks when I had them in my possession. He wanted $300 back or else he was going to contact ebay. I told him no, so he opened a case against me.

In your opinion, what is going to happen in this situation. Am I going to have to refund his money or is his SOL? It has annoyed me
If the item was bid up to $900 it must be high demand. I would relist it and sell it to the next buyer and you are likely to have no complaints. also, send a second chance offer if possible to bidders who lost the auction.
Your buyer will win the case for not as described just like these guys told you. we do this every day.
Best for you to verbally communicate with these buyers. almost always it gets confused when texting or email. nothing beats talking to a customer in a nice way to find a solution to avoid a negative and bad result. once you start getting reported to paypal and ebay for items not as described your account comes under added scrutiny that you dont need or want. He could be one of those buyers that try to get items for cheap or free by filing false reports. I have run into them too. its unfortunate a bad ebay system allows these types of buyers. protect yourself and go make money! use amazon.com, your local newspaper, flea markets, etsy.com and others. I cant stress that enough.
all that to say, you will have to refund him but I would refund him completely and reselll the item so I can get total profit. You may get a negative but he may give a neg either way. I rather have full profit regardless of neg
Old 07-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

You got some great replies to your question. I side with the obvious of getting your items back and refunding the buyer, inspecting the items CLOSELY and relisting them

Remember in future that it is important to protect your stealth accounts, these kind of eBay cases can be prevented and I get the feeling yours could have been.
Old 07-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all your replies! Unfortunately they are all pointing towards the buyer as the victor. Haha

So what the buyer switches cars and says mine was broke, when he just swapped it with his broken item?

Happy 4th everybody.
Old 07-05-2011

You just better hope he doesn't go for the full $900
Old 07-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

A lot of valid replies on this thread. While I can't give much more worthwhile advice that has not already been mentioned, I hope you choose your plan of action well to lead to acceptable results.

All the best.
Old 07-05-2011

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techtyrant View Post
Thanks for all your replies! Unfortunately they are all pointing towards the buyer as the victor. Haha

So what the buyer switches cars and says mine was broke, when he just swapped it with his broken item?

Happy 4th everybody.
Ebay has turned into a scammers paradise. Another reason why I dont like ebay anymore. Too much of a hassle. I only use ebay when I have to. An item that cant be sold on amazon, flea markets, newspaper, etsy, bonanza, etc.
Old 07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsouthside View Post
Ebay has turned into a scammers paradise. Another reason why I dont like ebay anymore. Too much of a hassle. I only use ebay when I have to. An item that cant be sold on amazon, flea markets, newspaper, etsy, bonanza, etc.
Ebay has always been a scammers paradise - It was known as the counterfeit market - that's why we have the problems that we do - the problem now is that the scammers are the buyers.