Missing 70+ packages! Screwed By USPS, Now losing $1,000 and my items! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Missing 70+ packages! Screwed By USPS, Now losing $1,000 and my items!

...so last I dropped off about 70+ items at the Post Office. Never had an issue where my items disappeared but by why all 70+ items!? Now all customers are complaining and requesting their Money Back! I called USPS but they redirect me to the Post Office! I call them up and they telling they cant do anything. Complained a bit and the jerk told me to bring in the receipt for the labels. I can not bring them today but I will sure will on MONDAY! This is some bull, have any others been screwed by USPS like this!?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2012
MU

Longevity: 81%

Wow, how could you lose so many packages and by the post office? What did you do wrong? Maybe stealth address or what? I bet your customers are pissed. I have never been screwed by post office like that. Did you drop them off at a box or you went to a real post office or some thirday party post officer?
Old 01-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Hope it works out for you. Keep us updated on what happens.

Good luck.
Old 01-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Are these tracked?
Old 01-14-2012

Longevity: 78%

My first question is how did you drop these off? Did anyone pick them up from you right away or were they left on a counter somewhere?
Old 01-14-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I have had this happen also.

I sold a ton of stuff during December and many days had 300-400 packages a day sitting on my porch.

Many packages still today were never found. They show scanned but never went anywhere after that.

I had to issue refunds because buyers believe once the post office has the package it is still your responsibility.
Old 01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I have had this happen also.

I sold a ton of stuff during December and many days had 300-400 packages a day sitting on my porch.

Many packages still today were never found. They show scanned but never went anywhere after that.

I had to issue refunds because buyers believe once the post office has the package it is still your responsibility.
What do you mean you had the packages sitting on your porch? Got me confused here. They returned them back to you or something?
Old 01-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

I had a few issues with USPS this season,,,I have 12 Packages still "Missing" but NOT 70,,

I only had 2 Customers Complain and I reshipped,,The others Im QUITE Sure Arrived but were Never Scanned, the Problem with "Delivery Confirmation" is that the number is NOT really a Tracking Number, it is actually Delivery Confirmation Number.

The difference is that a Tracking number gets scanned at EVERY Stop it makes on its way to its Final Destination, so you can actually see where the package is any time, Delivery confirmation numbers are ONLY required to be Scanned when the leave the local post office where the package is to be Delivered, at that time the Postal computer system, because it knows the Original zip code where the Package started out, fills in the Whole route.

Any additional scans are a "Bonus",,,,,MANY times packages NEVER get Scanned,,,I have also seen Packages sit in corners of both the local Post office and Sorting centers Kind of Forgotten until some comes along and drops then on the Conveyor system or loads them on a Truck,,Because of all these Cuts the goverment is making in the Postal service,,this is only going to get WORSE
Old 01-14-2012

Longevity: 73%

i lost a couple too. then i had 40 last week that were scanned as delivered at pick up so i had 40 emails per day asking me what was up. 2 people say they never got their items.
Old 01-14-2012

Longevity: 70%

I had this problem. 3 told me they didn't get their stuffs and Delivery Confirmations were not updated. I did call USPS with the DC#s but was told to go to the post office instead.
I did go to the one I dropped off the packages to.
There, I was able to find out what happened to the packages. Note was left to in the mail boxes for the receipients to pick up their stuffs.
When they said they did not receive any pick up notices, USPS said they still have to go and pick it up with their photo ID.
So I suggest you still have to go to the post office you dropped off at and check with the Postmaster/mistress.
Old 01-14-2012

Raise prices, add insurance. You will never experience another package lost after that. Just add in Insured to your item description and you're all set
Old 01-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot2kill View Post
...so last I dropped off about 70+ items at the Post Office. Never had an issue where my items disappeared but by why all 70+ items!? Now all customers are complaining and requesting their Money Back! I called USPS but they redirect me to the Post Office! I call them up and they telling they cant do anything. Complained a bit and the jerk told me to bring in the receipt for the labels. I can not bring them today but I will sure will on MONDAY! This is some bull, have any others been screwed by USPS like this!?
They may have been put on the same truck and misdirected to another transfer station. It may take a few days before they are rerouted to the right destinations. Dont panic. It just seems impossible that all of them would vanish into thin air. Just send a note to all of the buyers stating the situation, and there may be a delay. If the items show up too late, you may have to refund a percentage of the cost of the goods as a good will measure, and to hopefully deflect any bad feedbacks. Good luck.
Old 01-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Did they give you a reason OP?

Also, how does one provide receipt for the labels?
Old 01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial333 View Post
Did they give you a reason OP?

Also, how does one provide receipt for the labels?

PP gives recepits for the labels you purchase.
Old 01-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopHole View Post
PP gives recepits for the labels you purchase.
It doesn't matter, you will eventually lose the case anyways if the item never gets delivered.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
My first question is how did you drop these off? Did anyone pick them up from you right away or were they left on a counter somewhere?
Went and dropped them off at the counter with other mail that was there. I do this regularly so they know the deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
They may have been put on the same truck and misdirected to another transfer station. It may take a few days before they are rerouted to the right destinations. Dont panic. It just seems impossible that all of them would vanish into thin air. Just send a note to all of the buyers stating the situation, and there may be a delay. If the items show up too late, you may have to refund a percentage of the cost of the goods as a good will measure, and to hopefully deflect any bad feedbacks. Good luck.
Ok so these are stealth address that they were shipped from and I had dropped them off last saturday! Even if they were rerouted it shouldn't take that long! poor me!
Old 01-15-2012
Banned

Quote:
What do you mean you had the packages sitting on your porch? Got me confused here. They returned them back to you or something?
I am selling thousands of items every week and now have a pick up from both USPS and UPS. Dont have time to lug boxes and packages to the store so I sit them on my porch and they pick them up around the same time every day. You can schedule pickups in advance.
Old 01-15-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axcend View Post
Raise prices, add insurance. You will never experience another package lost after that. Just add in Insured to your item description and you're all set
I have learned that customers will give you lower DSRs because you have to add it to the shipping cost now. Customers who are too stupid to understand see it as you are overcharging them for shipping because of the additional cost.
Old 01-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot2kill View Post
Monday is a Holiday. Post office will be closed also..

I say it happens approx every 200 packages 1 gets lost. That is the average on my end. I flew to Oklahoma to help someone set-up stealth accounts and they had an entire shipment lost. Original location scan and never to be seen again.
Old 01-15-2012
Banned

Longevity: 85%

I wonder if the post office spies are on this forum?
Old 01-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@Sandy_D - you can book the mailman to come and pick up packages? Wow that is nice.
Old 01-15-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Monday is a Holiday. Post office will be closed also..
F+CK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
I wonder if the post office spies are on this forum?
They cant do sh!t anyways. We are providing them with jobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@Sandy_D - you can book the mailman to come and pick up packages? Wow that is nice.
Canadians!