eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   NEW eBay Selling Limit - PP Bank Verified did not Raise Limit (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/42671-new-ebay-selling-limit-pp-bank-verified-did-not-raise-limit.html)

eBay King 02-14-2012 04:00 AM

NEW eBay Selling Limit - PP Bank Verified did not Raise Limit

The other day I tried to raise my eBay selling limits. Usually all you have to do is click on the eBay raise limit link, and if you are PP bank verified it will give you an increase to £3500.

Not this time...

First time I have ever seen it. eBay said you need to confirm your address in the postal system. They said they would send out a letter to my address with a PIN and then I have to enter that to up the limits.

From eBay:

"Request higher selling allowances
To sell more on eBay, confirm your address through the postal service.
Here's how it works:
Review your name and address.
We'll mail a letter with a confirmation code to your address.
When you receive the letter, you go to the selling allowances section in My eBay to complete the confirmation."

Question is, has anyone else seen this problem and if so, what would you do?

(The eBay and PP account is in mint condition, never used before previously or linked.)

meVebay 02-14-2012 04:07 AM

Was this a business account or a personal one?

meVebay 02-14-2012 04:07 AM

I had a business account which wouldn't raise automatically last week, but just had to call.

eBay King 02-14-2012 06:09 AM

It was a personal account. It did not say anything about calling them, just this letter thing. Have you ever seen the letter requested to raise limits before?

soldier 02-14-2012 08:14 AM

maybe this is the new process:mad2: lets hope not

NoneOther 02-14-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soldier (Post 312105)
maybe this is the new process:mad2: lets hope not

Raised limits last week using the normal link and it was fine as the p/p was fully verified.

Is your address genuine or a variation on a genuine one i.e. adding an apartment number or similar?

I would hazard a guess that there is something not quite right about it and it has been possibly linked/flagged because of this.

Double check everything before you set up new accts and most importantly make sure you have access to the address.

johnnyleeds 02-14-2012 12:14 PM

I recall a few years ago that when setting up an Ebay business account instead of having to add a debit / credit card they would verify you by sending out a letter to your business address with a PIN code printed in the letter which you then had to input on a page on your ebay account to verify your business was at the address. It sounds similar to that.

As long as you have access to the address where the letter is going to be sent to I dont see how its a major problem, it actually sounds a lot simpler than some of the other verification requests that ebay / paypal make.

Let us know how it goes though as if its some new development its something we'll all need to be prepared for.

clapclap 02-17-2012 02:50 AM

I just got my limits lifted without any problems. I agree with NoneOther on this one. It seems a red flag has been sprung somewhere and they just want to double check.

If you havnt got access to the address i would let the account cool off for a couple of months and go back to it at a later date and see how it stands.

eBay King 02-17-2012 04:42 AM

Yes, that makes sense. I will take it easy on that account and check back later on.

I have never seen it like that before, so just wondering also if anyone else has ever seen it like that.

Just thought it may have been some new system in place. Hopefully not!

GreenBean 02-17-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBay King (Post 312091)
It was a personal account. It did not say anything about calling them, just this letter thing. Have you ever seen the letter requested to raise limits before?

23 days ago this started to happen. You are now the 5th UK person.:ballchain:

moggym 02-17-2012 05:36 AM

I got this too, good job its the mother in laws address that it will be sent to!

soopadudette 02-17-2012 06:14 AM

Jeez......

To sell more on eBay, confirm your address through the postal service.

Here's how it works:
Review your name and address.
We'll mail a letter with a confirmation code to your address.
When you receive the letter, you go to the selling allowances section in My eBay to complete the confirmation.

First lesson learnt. I registered with an address I don't have access to as I wasn't planning on using it for buying.

GTB 02-17-2012 06:27 AM

anyone else had this issue?

please post if you have and let us know if you have any idea if you have been flagged in anyway

vero...address alteration...disputes....vcc added....let us know please

NoneOther 02-17-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTB (Post 313055)
anyone else had this issue?

please post if you have and let us know if you have any idea if you have been flagged in anyway

vero...address alteration...disputes....vcc added....let us know please

I would bet a £ to a pinch of s**t it has something to do with name/address variations, more so address. Can't see why else this would be. If the address comes up on public records the all is good, no need for them to check any further. If not then sending something in the mail t verify most makes sense.

We need clarification on whether these were real or variation addresses.

To start us off, my recent experience of raising limits was on a genuine address.

GTB 02-17-2012 06:55 AM

so it was genuine address but different name

NoneOther 02-17-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTB (Post 313061)
so it was genuine address but different name

Yes genuine address although name would not appear on public records but limits raised no problem

GTB 02-17-2012 07:00 AM

okay thanks bro

so address was genuine and you had no issues

NoneOther 02-17-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTB (Post 313063)
okay thanks bro

so address was genuine and you had no issues

Thats correct.

GreenBean 02-17-2012 07:06 AM

Geeze. How about a BIG flag blathering everywhere what is happening. :doh:

NoneOther 02-17-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 313066)
Geeze. How about a BIG flag blathering everywhere what is happening. :doh:

If my hunch is correct then it would appear that e/b don't trust p/p's AVS check when verifying p/p accounts. I wonder then if p/p have something new up their sleeves of checking addresses on new accounts.

Got to keep an eye out for any strange goings on over at p/p now I reckon.

medway30 02-17-2012 07:25 AM

definitely something different going on as I just verified my account through pp but im still limited to only selling 10 items a month, this used to jump upto 100! :(

NoneOther 02-17-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medway30 (Post 313070)
definitely something different going on as I just verified my account through pp but im still limited to only selling 10 items a month, this used to jump upto 100! :(

Have you clicked on the "raise limits" link on e/b?

I had to do this the other day and it then switched to p/p for login and after that it was fine and the limit increased.

Also is the address on the account genuine or a variation of the real address?