Suspended/banned as soon as account opened - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Suspended/banned as soon as account opened

So here is the problem (this is actually a problem that made me found this site).

So I have a roommate who I have lived with for a while. We both Ebay a lot. We both have Ebay accounts that are from around 2004ish and have had no problems with them.

Anyways, I started opening up more accounts. Not stealth or anything. They are all linked. My roommate started thinking that was a good idea so he opened one up too. It IMMEDIATELY gets suspended and shut down.

I mean immediately. He had time to list one item. A used drum stand. That's it. I believe this was a $10 item. His account got shut down within minutes of opening it.

So he calls and they say he needs to fax in his identity. He tells them about his other very old and power seller account and they don't care. He needs to fax in his data.

So he says screw it and forgets about it. About a year later he again sees me opening another account and wants to open one too. So he does and BAM same thing happens (of course it would). So this time he actually takes the time to fax in his data (they requested it for this account as well and said it was linked to another suspended account).

So he faxes in his data and calls again but they said he needs to fax it in AGAIN. So he does.

He hasn't called back since then but both his accounts are still suspended.

His power seller old account is doing just fine (thank god).

My only idea on why this could possibly happen is that maybe his phone number (he got a new cell phone 13 months ago) has a number on it that was used by a banned person at some point? That is my ONLY idea. We both have the same addy, ip address, etc. His name is unique and no one else has it in the entire country. I can't think of any reason why his account would get blocked immediately but I can open 3 accounts in a month without any trouble.

He definitely hasn't done anything wrong. I mean, he didn't even have aren't allowed to tell him what the problem is :-/

Anyways, this has gotten him very worried and annoyed. He very much needs more accounts to list items that aren't related to one another. He doesn't sell "hot" items and I can't imagine what this is all about.

I have thought about changing his phone number and trying to open another account. He doesn't want to open a straight up stealth account with a name that isn't his though. So all that needs to be the same. But is it possible it's the cell's number that is causing all this trouble?

(Sorry for the long info, I didn't want to leave anything out. Any thoughts and guesses will be very much appreciated!)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum.

Quote:

He definitely hasn't done anything wrong. I mean, he didn't even have aren't allowed to tell him what the problem is :-/
You have way too much linking going on to be operating effectively. Get the stealth guide +/- read a lot around the forums. Time to go stealth - all NEW and FRESH. Stop with your parlour antics.
Old 03-07-2012

Longevity: 73%

shared IP is part of the problem. you need to find a way around this issue first. read the forums for clues.

what baffles me is you say you both have good accounts from 2004 using real info that dont have any issues, yet you are opening more accounts anyway. why?

something doesnt add up, you are leaving something out
Old 03-07-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Stop with your parlour antics.

What the heck does parlour antics mean?

Nothing does not add up. If I or him was doing anything wrong I would mention it no problem. Why wouldn't I? This is a forum where no one knows who I am?

Geez.

Seriously, if I am just going to get accused of "leaving stuff out" or "doing something wrong" then just forget it. I'm not leaving anything out and definitely not selling anything wrong on Ebay.

I have multiple accounts cause the items I sell are VERY different. Furthermore, I like the free 50 listings for each account as some of my items aren't worth enough to pay for.

Are you saying that everyone who has multiple accounts is a crock. If you are, that's not exactly a good attitude and says more about your line of thinking than anything I do.
Old 03-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Your not allowed to have more then 2 accounts per address so thats a big flag from get go. I will not be surprised if you continue the will ban all.
Old 03-07-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Your not allowed to have more then 2 accounts per address so thats a big flag from get go. I will not be surprised if you continue the will ban all.
Where are you getting this from? I have like four accounts that are linked and when if I call for whatever reason they bring up all four accounts. All with the same address, all with the same IP, same everything. I opened three of them up while living in the same address within the same month.

Unless, are you not allowed to open up multiple accounts with the same address and different names?
Old 03-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakee View Post
So here is the problem (this is actually a problem that made me found this site).

Anyways, this has gotten him very worried and annoyed. He very much needs more accounts to list items that aren't related to one another. He doesn't sell "hot" items and I can't imagine what this is all about.

I have thought about changing his phone number and trying to open another account. He doesn't want to open a straight up stealth account with a name that isn't his though. So all that needs to be the same. But is it possible it's the cell's number that is causing all this trouble?

(Sorry for the long info, I didn't want to leave anything out. Any thoughts and guesses will be very much appreciated!)
Your friend is the one who should have joined.
It is HIS responsibility to run his own account(s).

Advice is not usually given via a third party in case there are flaws with the info supplied.
Possibly without realizing, your room-mate may not have given you the right info. That compromises forum replies.
Old 03-07-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Your friend is the one who should have joined.
It is HIS responsibility to run his own account(s).

Advice is not usually given via a third party in case there are flaws with the info supplied.
Possibly without realizing, your room-mate may not have given you the right info. That compromises forum replies.
Well I understand what you are saying but he has basically given up and doesn't know what's going on. When I started searching online, I came across this website and saw that when you log into your suspended account you can trigger some kind of red flag and make all accounts at that ip address suspended. I told him to stop calling and stop logging in.

I don't want mine or his accounts to get blocked due to something ridiculous like that.

I was sitting right there when he opened it. I was sitting there when he listed the drum stand. I was sitting them when he got the message and everything turned red and he could no longer do anything on his account. He can't even buy.

So yeah. I'm looking for legitimate reasons why the account might have gotten blocked. The only thing I can think of is that his cell phone had a bad number or you can't have two names on the same address.

Since we both had accounts before we ever knew each other it would make sense that I could open up more accounts with this addy and when he tries he can't. Since it's the same addy but different name.

But yeah, I'm sure you guys are used to getting people who sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Nikes and then claim they don't know why their account is blocked. This is not the case and if it was I would just say so. It doesn't help anyone to have incorrect info.

I know this doesn't mean the world but we are both legit, in this business together and have tax ids. I've been selling on Ebay since 2004. He started selling seriously two years ago and we have both been making a living off it for the last year. Not the best living but we squeak by...

I would love ideas. Not accusations that we are doing something shady. Cause we aren't. This is our full time job.

I already have the book and have searched over the forum. But I haven't found any info and the bad number idea and two names for an address (which I just heard of now).
Old 03-07-2012

Longevity: 73%

there are lots of people who sell VERO who ALSO have tax id's.

with that being said, in your OP, you said something about changing info to maybe solve the problem. i would advise against this. will just send up more red flags.

i would suggest going stealth, let the other accounts rest a bit. in a couple of months, maybe try them again, but in the mean time you are building up others so you can keep going.

stealth wasnt made to fraud anyone. it was created to help those of us that have been unjustly banned from ebay for some reason or another. i dont believe there is any shame in going stealth, and ill bet 99% of users on here will agree with me. (the other 1% being the people who work for ebay/paypal that use these forums as well).
Old 03-07-2012

Will eBay really let you open 4 accts and give you 200 free listings with same name and all... That sounds awesome!
Old 03-08-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhall5422 View Post
Will eBay really let you open 4 accts and give you 200 free listings with same name and all... That sounds awesome!
Yes...as long as you have no problems with Ebay and there is no fishy behavior. Here is their page on their policies for multiple accounts:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...-accounts.html

One thing they don't like though, is if you have a low star rating and you open another account. My star ratings are all above 4.8. If you have a star rating below that they might limit your new account or close it entirely.

I just learned this from opening my latest account. I think this is a fairly new rule because a year ago I never saw that warning. I'm very lucky to not have any below 4.8.

Seanws - Yes, I'm quite aware that people who sell shady items can have a tax id. I even said before I gave some background information about me that "it might not mean much". I'm just giving some background just so the people reading this thread can have some more info to work with.

I understand the reasoning for going stealth. But I want to see if he has any options before he does that. He still has his power seller account that is doing just fine. But he has so many little items that he wants to start listing. Add in the fact that Ebay hasn't had a free listing day in a while and he really wants another account to get this little crap up.

The thing is, he still thinks that Ebay doesn't do this kind of thing for no reason and that he can reason with them. I am the one that told him to stop calling and to not log into the id anymore lest they claim we are in connection with a banned account that apparently did something horrible in the 10 minutes it was open

I have the same concerns about changing info to open another account seanws, but at the same time, his info works fine for the power seller account. The only thing that is different is the cell number. So you can see I am tempted to go to a library with him and open another account with his info and use another phone number.

I'm really hoping someone out there had this happen to them. I understand stories where someone has an account for a long time and then does something wrong (or it looks wrong) and then it gets banned. It's not fair but I get it. This makes no sense to me because the account was only opened for 10 minutes. And what he listed wasn't a ipad or something. It was a drum stand. And he can't even log in anymore! I usually hear about people still being able to buy.

This situation is very unique and we are still hoping there is a way to use his info.

Oh by the way, he had another idea today that maybe it's because the address doesn't match the addy on his first Ebay account. He thinks that maybe he shortened a word that he fully spelled on the first one and they think he's another person trying to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ his identity. Just another random thought.

By the way, it took some convincing to tell him to stop trying to get his accounts unsuspended. I started reading horror stories about people who had someone in their house who got suspended and the whole family gets suspended. He didn't believe me and really thought there was more to it. But I basically told him that he was risking his good account and mine even though he didn't do anything. It was only after the second fax and him calling multiple times that he now believes that Ebay is way too automated and they do strange things to innocent people.
Old 03-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What are YOU failing to realize?

Help is NOT coming via you as third party.

We've never done it B4.

We are not starting now.

You either need to cut loose from the room mate or get him to join the forum.