Phone Number Verification On New Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Phone Number Verification On New Accounts

I'd like to share my experience over the last 24 hours:

1. Had a seller account in reserve that was 2 weeks old, tried to list, while I was in the process of listing an item, it stopped me and asked for phone verification right then and there. Verified the phone number, listed 15 things, got a 169 suspension 2 hours later that said to send in documents for reinstatement. (previously, I have been able to list 15 things on a seller name that was 2 weeks old immediately)

2. started a brand new name yesterday, did the phone verify again during the listing process, verified, listed one item, name remains "alive" today.

3. started another new name yesterday evening, was NOT asked for the phone verify, listed the item normally, 2 hours later got an 067 suspension, (no accompanying 169 email was sent however, AND the name didn't display as "suspended" when looking at the userid on ebay for some odd reason)
I then signed on and got an alert screen which asked to verify the phone number, I did it and that name remains alive with one auction)

4. today, did 3 more names, all listed one item, and not asked to verify the phone number. Waiting to see how they do.

It's as though they took away the option to verify yourself while listing, just so they can have fun suspending you later????

Anyone else run into this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

update: all received robot 067 suspensions within an hour, all restored with phone verification.

all new accounts remain open. What is interesting is that the 067 notice says NOTHING about how to get your account back on. I had to sign on with each suspended account to ebay and read the alert and act on it to figure it out. BASTAGES!
Old 04-30-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Hmm, that's annoying.

What are you using for your phone numbers?
Old 04-30-2008

Longevity: 94%

yes , it happened to me today after i read your post. i had a new seller account (week old) . i passed the phone verification using AOL phone. after 1 minute the item showed in the search list.
i think ebay is getting though now with the new ebay account with 0 feedback or this is a new way to verify the identity.
thank God i have like 80 phone numbers from AOL when it was free.
Old 05-01-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Hmm, that's annoying.

What are you using for your phone numbers?
old aol phoneline numbers. I miss that service!

WHICH makes me think of another possibility: they might be trying to call me, and since I don't keep my AIM open, I can't get calls, thus, because they can't get through, I'm getting suspended?

Going to open a new seller account today with a spare aim number, keep aim open and see if they call me before "067-ing" me.
Old 05-01-2008

Longevity: 94%

i posted another item (high risk) (ipod touch 8gb) for a new account after the first one about 25 min later . the item showed again.
just open the aim console and be ready to receive the call. they will ask you to press 6 if you expect to receive this call.
good luck.
Old 05-02-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

update on latest experiment- new account, listed item, BUT this item I placed a bid on an auction. I did not get suspended. Are they reading this and messing with me? LOL!

next step is to create another account, don't bid and see what happens.
Old 05-16-2008

Longevity: 93%

hi ebayisanecessaryevil, any update? thanks
Old 05-20-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

yes- what I am doing is creating a buyer account and bidding, win/lose doesn't matter, but if you win, PAY for it :D

then create a seller's account with a new verified paypal account attached.

list slowly- 10 things max a day, one per hour. The account still lives!

This account did not get called for phone verification, but I had a legitimate number ready just in case.