Top rated seller status at risk. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-04-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Top rated seller status at risk.

Hi ,On one of my accounts (Bronze top rated seller) I had 4 Buyer protection cases out of maximum of 2. Now i received an email from ebay that i have 4 months to fix this problem in order to keep my Power seller status.

so i like to know how ebay calculate the buyer protection cases ? Is it a maximum (2 cases a year) or per months?

many thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

That depends on the number of transactions and can be assessed over 3 moths.

TBH losing PS status is not what you should be worrying about.

From now on any hits on your DSR's are going to drop you like a stone into the 'poor seller performance' category and we all know where that leads to.

Let this account cool off. If you haven't got ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts up and running yet then you had best get some lined up.

Slippery slope
GREEN LION (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Yes time to line up replacements - sell low end stuff to increase your DSR and feedbacks.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
GREEN LION (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
That depends on the number of transactions and can be assessed over 3 moths.

TBH losing PS status is not what you should be worrying about.

From now on any hits on your DSR's are going to drop you like a stone into the 'poor seller performance' category and we all know where that leads to.

Let this account cool off. If you haven't got ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts up and running yet then you had best get some lined up.

Slippery slope
This is a stealth account it self and other stealth accounts are up and running already.

I just have to add this account doesn't have any negative FB and Current DSR is 4.97 more or less with over 400 FB.

Only last months i had 4 cases against me witch are all closed now.

so how long do i have to leave this account to cool off?? when this buyer protection cases that was against me going to get expired??
Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

As I said that depends on the number of transactions, Check you seller dashboard to see if you are being assessed over 12 or 3 months.

How long do you need to leave it.......until those strikes drop off the assessment so either 12 months or 3 depending.

Keep selling as you were and you can bet you're DSR are going to start getting 1's & 2's. I guarantee it.
Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

If you want to save that account you need to increase the number of transactions on it. I would sell as much low end cheap stuff I possibly could on that account.
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
GREEN LION (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
If you want to save that account you need to increase the number of transactions on it. I would sell as much low end cheap stuff I possibly could on that account.
thats quiet easy,i know just the thing to sell for incrising transactions&feedback
Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

I would be very very careful taking that approach.

As I said this is not now about increasing the number of transactions but protecting your DSR's.

Think about it. How is increasing the number of transactions actually going to help you in the short term?

What happens NOW if you get another buyer protection case opened against you or one or two buyers leave you low DSR's?

Think carefully about this because it could cost you the account in the not to distant future. Is it worth it when you have other accounts you can sell on?

Last edited by NoneOther; 04-04-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-04-2012
Threadstarter  

Ok im more confused now.

i THINK the buyer protection cases calculate on ''Percentage'' of sales,so if i increase the number of sales (hopefully without any other cases) my BP cases percentage will go down again.
Old 04-04-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

more sales

more of a chance to get a bad seller rating

take it easy and time is a great healer
Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN LION View Post
Ok im more confused now.

i THINK the buyer protection cases calculate on ''Percentage'' of sales,so if i increase the number of sales (hopefully without any other cases) my BP cases percentage will go down again.
Ask yourself this,

How many sales do you need to achieve to decrease your percentages by just 0.1%

Then ask yourself,

Out of those sales what are the chances of getting one buyer leaving low DSR's and one opening a case.

I would guess from you op that two of the bp cases occurred in one moth and if so out of how many sales.

So if you increase your sales you are proportionately increasing the risk of that recurring, are you not?

The odds are not in your favour I'm afraid.

Last edited by NoneOther; 04-04-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Ship very quickly, describe items well, offer superb customer service & increasing volume should be fine....but be careful with 'cheap crap' lol ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Imakemoney For This Useful Post:
GREEN LION (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

I thought the cases dropped off every month.

So by the next evaluation they would be gone.

Or the next evaluation they would be on your record and then the one after that one they will be gone.
GREEN LION (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Then you thought wrong.

They stay on there for 12 months and your seller performance is rated over 3 or 12 months depending on the number of transactions.

Dont understand how people can run stealth accounts without understanding how seller performance is calculated.
Old 04-04-2012

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Then you thought wrong.

They stay on there for 12 months and your seller performance is rated over 3 or 12 months depending on the number of transactions.

Dont understand how people can run stealth accounts without understanding how seller performance is calculated.
Pipe down...stop being a know all.. people come on here for help. You seem to be giving everyone a 'grilling' everytime something is posted.

THANKS!
Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

That's what he got help and correct advice.

Nobody got a grilling
Old 04-04-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

The wording is confusing on how they describe counting the claims. Since they evaluate you every month it seems like they would disappear every month. But I guess that's not the case.

Wasn't trying to give anyone incorrect info, just going by what I'm reading on my ebay page where the explanation reads not too clearly.

hdavey - I like to pretend that NoneOther drinks too much coffee all day and every day ;-) Otherwise he would have noticed that I'm not stealth.

Plus, I rarely get cases. I think my items attract honest customers.

GreenLion - I know in the USA any cases outside your country don't even count. Were these 4 cases in one month from international buyers or within your country?

I don't know if it works the same way for Ebay.UK.
Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

For TRS status, you can have no more than 0.50% of your transactions end up with a buyer protection claim filed and 0.30% without seller resolution.

So, for every 200 transactions, THEORETICALLY, you could have 1 buyer protection case. However, they calculate this TWO WAYS. One is by the number of transactions and cases opened in the last year, and the other in the last 90 days. If you have had more than 400 transactions in the last 90 days, then the 90 day evaluation applies. Otherwise, it is the one year evaluation.

BUT - A seller who has a sterling record and suddenly starts getting hit with buyer protection cases left and right can have their account closed. That is why I said THEORETICALLY above.

And they are no longer counting cases where the buyer opened a case without contacting you.

So, the BIG QUESTION here is, WHY are all of these cases being opened? Are you refusing refunds? Not answering emails in a timely manner? SOMETHING has to be happening.

You must do whatever you can to AVOID having these cases opened. It is not just your TRS status at risk, these could put your ENTIRE ACCOUNT at risk.

Last edited by jeffweico; 04-04-2012 at 04:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GREEN LION (04-04-2012)
Old 04-04-2012
Threadstarter  

The reason is because 1 of my listings was removed on a Monday,after selling about 7 of that item over the weekend
(MC019):
Insufficient description of the item or no photos of the item

You may also consider these tips to help improve your listing:

- Check the spelling of your text or description, including product and brand names, to make sure there are no errors

anyway i emailed all my buyers and told them that i can still send the item.but 4 of the buyers opened case against me and wanted there money back(witch i refunded immediately )and that's how i got 4 cases.
Old 04-04-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
For TRS status, you can have no more than 0.50% of your transactions end up with a buyer protection claim filed and 0.30% without seller resolution.

So, for every 200 transactions, THEORETICALLY, you could have 1 buyer protection case. However, they calculate this TWO WAYS. One is by the number of transactions and cases opened in the last year, and the other in the last 90 days. If you have had more than 400 transactions in the last 90 days, then the 90 day evaluation applies. Otherwise, it is the one year evaluation.

BUT - A seller who has a sterling record and suddenly starts getting hit with buyer protection cases left and right can have their account closed. That is why I said THEORETICALLY above.

And they are no longer counting cases where the buyer opened a case without contacting you.
so like i said ebay gave me 4 months to fix this problem,and this is the ALERT i have in my seller performance page:

''eBay is currently protecting your Top-rated seller status in UK and Ireland. Your status is at risk unless you meet the programme requirements before 25 Jul, 2012. Learn more''

so i dont know how to meet the programme requirements??

buy not selling for a while ? or by increasing sale ?

thanks everybody for your replays.

Last edited by GREEN LION; 04-04-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: want to change the date for security reasons.
Old 04-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

That was a tough break but the most unfortunate outcome is that it has now put your account in real jeopardy.

Honestly, if it was my account I would leave it for a couple of months and sell on the others. It getting tougher and tougher to open ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts the last thing you want to do is lose this one.

Consider what others have advised, any more strikes on your account of any kind and it could lead to limitation.

Good luck whatever you decide to do

P.S. one more strike and that 'protection' e/b say they have given your account will disappear.

Last edited by NoneOther; 04-04-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-04-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

noneother is right

leave it to rest up for a few months

make some more accounts,as many as you need to sustain your income but one more lapse on that account could be deadly,whether it be your fault or not