Does becoming a TRS make you a target....... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Does becoming a TRS make you a target.......

......from buyers?

I have noticed on a couple of accounts recently that as soon as I become a TRS I suddenly start to get low DSR scores on things that have never had them before.

E.G. I have a 10 month old account that over this period has never ever had a low DSR for dispatch time or postage charges but on becoming a TRS last month I suddenly have 1 low for dispatch time and 5 for postage charges!

Nothing has changed, I have not increased shipping costs. I ship same day or next with tracking and upload that info to e/b immediately.

As I said similar has happened on other accounts on becoming a TRS so coincidence is unlikely.

Old 04-27-2012

Longevity: 76%

I think it depends on your power seller status as well - EB don't like giving discounts on fees so that could well be one way of knocking you down back to Above Standard

I've had it on two accounts and it takes ages to climb back up. You need 200 sales for each bad DSR

Nightmare!!

Old 04-27-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Hum, I've never considered that.

I'm not sure what it would have to do with Ebay not liking paying fees though. I'm thinking the op thinks that buyers target you to leave low dsrs.

Maybe they sell the same item and don't like to see you doing so well?

Or maybe it's just a coincidence.
Old 04-27-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Spot on GT.

As I've always said the DSR rating system is designed to knock sellers hard.

To go 10 months with none and then 5 in the space of a couple of weeks is incredulous when nothing has been changed.

Makes the suspicious side of my nature come to the fore
Old 04-27-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakee View Post
Hum, I've never considered that.

I'm not sure what it would have to do with Ebay not liking paying fees though. I'm thinking the op thinks that buyers target you to leave low dsrs.

Maybe they sell the same item and don't like to see you doing so well?

Or maybe it's just a coincidence.
Never a great believer in coincidence not when the evidence is across 3 unrelated accounts that sell different products and when they all reach TRS status.
Old 04-27-2012

Longevity: 76%

Under the 'new' arrangement I think discounts on fees start at silver PS level. Because of bad DSRs they can knock you back to Above Standard thus no discount.

As you cannot see who leaves what you have no way of telling if it's right or not. I recently lost a TRS (protected for 4 months though) due to despatch time - I ship same day if ordered before 3.00pm and always had 5 stars before I got TRS

It cannot be co-incidence - or can it?

Old 04-27-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Logic would say no it can't be coincidence.

Interesting to see what others may comment.
Old 04-27-2012

Longevity: 79%

I think your both correct.

However I never do business on my e/b account until 6-8 months - if i see the account is strong I go for it in the hope of get TRS, perhaps thats better in terms of having solid stars already which are harder to drop? I never really see a drop anymore on old accounts anyway (1s are very rare or nonexistent).

I think one important point when it comes to giving out stars aswell is the category you deal with - i'm dealing with health and beauty products most of my products are known already and people know exactly what to expect - i'd also say 90% of my buyers are Women as well - I think people are generally friendly - a good portion of them even leave me f/b and send me a msg thanking me.

If i was to start getting 1's i would assume it's competition in my field because theres nothing to really complain about, always sent out next day, well described and great comms.

Last edited by Thankful; 04-27-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-27-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The account has over 500 fb, 99.9% +ve, silver PS and 4.9 + dsr's across the board.

Not what I would call a weak account but I take your point.

This account was built slowly within e/b's selling limits so no rushing to get anywhere, that is not my way.

As I said it's not isolated but across 3 accounts now which is really pushing the limits of coincidence imo.
Old 04-27-2012

But this doesn't happen to everyone. So i based it on category/products your selling in - seem like you may just have the rough buyers.

Only reason I can see.

Them 3 accounts all deal with the same products? similar? or completely different products?

With that said e/bs rating system ain't the best, designed with flaws to hit sellers were it hurts the most - I can't see it improving as well - it's not like they want more people with discounts.

Last edited by Thankful; 04-27-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 04-27-2012
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

As I mentioned earlier the 3 accounts sell different products and are in unrelated categories.

I agree that buyers can sometimes be hard to please, been on e/b for over 10 years so I know what they are like.

To have zero low dsr's for 9 months and become a TRS then suddenly get 5 in two weeks with no changes to anything does not make any rational sense.

When you factor in that it has happened 3 accounts that sell totally different products in totally different categories then it makes even less sense.

I don't think that e/b is deliberately making up scores but as the topic subject asked "Does becoming a TRS make you a target from buyers" my conclusion would have to be yes.

They apparently have a mind set that if you are a TRS then you should be doing everything for nothing and they should get their item the day before they actually buy it
Old 04-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
They apparently have a mind set that if you are a TRS then you should be doing everything for nothing and they should get their item the day before they actually buy it
Have to agree with that - I have a friend at UNI who buys on eBay and only buys off TRSs because he says they are the only trusted ones (tried to tell him otherwise) - high expectations much? I think so.
Old 04-28-2012

Longevity: 74%

I think it's the mind set that eBay tries to get the buyers into, they push that TRS's are consistently the best, etc, etc and so a buyer expects them to be able to move heaven and earth for them and should personally delivery their item by hand a min after buying it!!