Slapped by Paypal, Ebay OK, trying to get a 'new me' up and running - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-30-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Slapped by Paypal, Ebay OK, trying to get a 'new me' up and running

Hi All,

I apologise in advance - this could be a long post!

Over the past year I have operated 2 ebay accounts and several paypal accounts. Up to September last year I had had 3 Paypal accounts limited, 2 for negative balances, the other wanting receipts and name of suppliers, which I cannot give. Not because I don't have the receipts or a legit supplier, but because I can't afford to expose myself as selling on ebay to my supplier. The items are all legit, the supplier does not like them being sold on ebay. So I let the account lie dormant with it's limitation and got my money back after 180 days last month.

In the process of all this happening the ebay accounts have been fine, remained open, no problems encountered and all logged into from the same computer with the same ip (or different when the router has been switched off). I realise now that I have probably been just lucky in his regard, and when I get set up again will be starting afresh as per the Ebay stealth guide.

Last September when my 3rd paypal account was limited, I decided that something needed to change as I was starting to spot a pattern emerging. I knew that I needed to operate another paypal account, so got my mum's permission to use her details, name, dob, address, bank account and debit card for verification purposes. Everything was great... that is until last week when I tried to withdraw £1200 and it all went pearshaped. I had added a bank account to the paypal account that had once been used in one of my other accounts that is limited. Well I didn't know that when you removed a bank account from a paypal account that the details still remained with paypal somewhere. And so began the start of my unravelling... It's a good job my mum's not online and needs a paypal account because I think I've just scuppered any chances of that!

Paypal reversed the transaction and limited the account. My mum has sent me her id and proof of address, which PP have asked for, but to get the account unlimited I must resolve the issues with the other accounts. Talk about guilt by association! I phoned Paypal posing as my mum and said that in any other situation I (my mum) would not be held to ransome over the running of accounts by my daughter (me!) but they insist that these accounts must be resolved. I can't afford to do anything about resolving the negative balances and I certainly can't break cover over the products I'm selling, so it's looking like a no-no and another paypal account bites the dust.

So, on to setting up another, only this time I intend to be smarter and not make any stupid mistakes. And this will also mean setting up a new ebay account. It galls me to not be able to use my accounts with 800 and over 200 positive feedbacks, both at 100%, with powerseller discounts, the works, but hey, I guess I've got to make the sacrifice!

I've been collecting my bits and pieces together in preparation, new mobile sim card, new bank account etc. My problem is with my identity.

I have some scenarios I want to run past you for your opinions please?

1. Set up a Paypal account in my dad's name. Only problem here is the address is the same as my mum's. A possibility or not? My partner has never had any problem with their paypal account or ebay account and yet we're both at the same address, same ip etc., so if everything else was different except the address, could I use my dad and his (also my mum's) address?

2. I live next door to an empty property with no letterbox. The postman delivers any mail to this address to us. The property has been empty for 10 years and the guy before that wasn't on the internet, so there are no ebay/paypal accounts registered to tha address to my knowledge. If I used this address, could I use my own name (very common surname) or would I have to come up with somethng different (even if I stuck to the same common surname as it's what's on my bank account)? At least for proof of address verification I would only have to change the house number on my own proofs.

3. If I used a completely different name, how could I get around the proof of id if paypal ask for it, which they will if there's no such person registered at the address? To lift limits in the UK I know that PP do id checks through the credit reference agencies and the electoral roll is taken as proof of residence (even though we all know this system is open to abuse!)

Any thoughts/opinions/advice welcome. Thanks in advance.

cheers
slappedbythebigP
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Very common questions which have been answered many, many times.

Lots of threads covering these issues.
Old 04-30-2012

Longevity: 76%

I read the first point labelled 1. As soon as you mention you dads name you are NOT understanding the principle of stealth.

You need to understand that stealth doesnt involving stealing other peoples information. If your Dad ever wanted to use eBay / PP in the future and you get it limited how will he get on ?

Find ways of going right under the radar but DONT steal peoples names and addresses.

You also need to think outside the box with the ID and give them what they want!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
pod (04-30-2012), Sandy D (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Too much of a read - The questions would have been sufficient to read and handle. NoneOther makes a valid point - searching the forums will yield all kinds of answers. These are not new issues =)

Welcome to the forums. All the best.
Old 04-30-2012

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 89%

No use using your dads details has he would limited too soon.
Stealth is the only answer to all this.
Old 04-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your replies. I wrote as much as I did because I have seen other posts where people have asked for more of a history behind why someone is where they're at, rather than just asking random questions.

I have read through the Stealth Book, and must have misunderstood something. I wasn't necessarily talking about stealing identities, but I've read that where you know someone it would be easier to prove an identity than just thinking up some random name that doesn't match the bank account or that you can't prove.

How does it work if you 'move house' and the address has been subject to a limited PP account that you don't know about?
Old 04-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

e/b and p/p accept that people move house.

It is an individual personally that is banned not the address alone.

Using family, friends and relatives info is a thing of the past.

If you are going to use stealth then go completely stealth, that is the whole idea.

Using real peoples info only leads to a whole heap of trouble eventually.
Old 04-30-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Please take the time to read a ton of threads as you are missing everything about stealth.

Do you realize using your dads info and if the account goes down and you do not pay your bill, have unhappy customers etc you are putting him in a bad spot.

Do the work and go totally stealth. It is not that hard other then the time it takes to get it up and running.

I made 3 new account today in less then an hour.

READ READ READ

and learn.
Old 05-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Right, I'm getting bog-eyed with all this reading I understand there is a lot of information to plough through to get this right, but I must admit I'm in a bit of a panic because I need to get this up and running asap, and I don't want to make any silly mistakes. It's why I ask questions... I guess I need validation sometimes that I'm on the right track, especially if I'm doing something out of my comfort zone.

I think my main concern has been over the scenario what if paypal request documents to prove my id for lifting limits (they have done this to the 'real me' in the past and of course I could oblige then), and of course if I go for a completely unrelated name, dob and address to anything to do with the real me, how do I get over this hump. My mind has been put to rest somewhat over the fact that a lot of people who have faced this challenge have had to think creatively, but I don't have photoshop (and can't afford to buy it) so doing it myself is out of the question, unless someone could enlighten me as to other more readily affordable/free programmes that do the job just as well.

Is there an approved vendor on this forum who can produce documents/id should the need arise?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

PM a Mod if you need help with this
rsot (05-01-2012)