phone verify help! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Have you used a different computer to access paypal?

BTW, try to avoid the guest trick. It's troublesome too
hi, using a sterile laptop, only using this one account on this laptop, nothing else. My other laptop would definately link me.

Tomorrow, I'm planning in putting in a second land line, with billing address showing to stealth address. Paypal also stated to add funds to account & use that to pay, showing ownership.

the guest trick can be used one time, then rejects a valid card. So, I'm hopeful that funding & landline will clear up these issues.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVE View Post
I was under the impression that you had used a virtual forwarding number on the PP A/C which forwarded any calls to your cell mobile.

Only you would have known this call was being forwarded to a cellphone, PP would have been none the wiser to this virtual forwarding number as it would have been a local landline number format, no ...??
Hi, again, virtual forwarding numbers are being rejected, or, not recoginized. funny thing is, I did get & confirm a code from paypal on cellphone, and it still will not accept it!
Old 05-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by norma View Post
Hi, again, virtual forwarding numbers are being rejected, or, not recoginized. funny thing is, I did get & confirm a code from paypal on cellphone, and it still will not accept it!
I see.

What about the fact that the stealth address you've used possibly has a telephone number attached to it that PP has cross referenced from public records & hence they are expecting you to call from that number for that address ???

Old 05-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I see.

What about the fact that the stealth address you've used possibly has a telephone number attached to it that PP has cross referenced from public records & hence they are expecting you to call from that number for that address ???

well, then, all of us are in a precarious situation! At least I can try, thanks
Old 05-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

This looks a most plausible explanation to me so far.

Old 05-14-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

OP needs to work on a back up or two starting right now.
Old 05-14-2012

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via MSN to ZoonVoo Send a message via Yahoo to ZoonVoo Send a message via Skype™ to ZoonVoo

I have a quick question, when you add phone number to PP they give you a pin via phone call or text msg?
Old 05-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
OP needs to work on a back up or two starting right now.
Still doesn't mean the backup won't require a landline also. Current thinking is renting cheap office space, ($200 per month) with landline phones, having matching addresses.

Btw, another poster is having identical issue.
Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Still doesn't mean the backup won't require a landline also. Current thinking is renting cheap office space, ($200 per month) with landline phones, having matching addresses.

You mean this ???
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...r-account.html

The OP in that thread originally had a mobile number from the outset, in your case I was thinking you had a call forwarding number (i.e a local landline number) which forwarded to your mobile number or where ever.

Similar possibly in the SMS issue.
Old 05-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You mean this ???
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...r-account.html

The OP in that thread originally had a mobile number from the outset, in your case I was thinking you had a call forwarding number (i.e a local landline number) which forwarded to your mobile number or where ever.

Similar possibly in the SMS issue.
Hi, started off with a tracphone: rejected. Then, a cellphone: rejected. 3rd attempt was a virtual callforwarding to my landline: rejected.

And, I did confirm the cellphone with paypal's code, and still this number is rejected. All the while paypal stated needed a landline.

Put a $15 per month landline in today, we'll see if that works. I won't know until tomorrow, when it is hooked up.
Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

This does sound like a nightmare, I am wondering if this is something new happening to the US marketplace.
Old 05-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This does sound like a nightmare, I am wondering if this is something new happening to the US marketplace.
If this landline fails, I'm seriously considering office space with multiple phones & accounts for a confirmed address, using business accounts. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Old 05-14-2012

Surely pp must realize that alot of people have cut landlines and rely strictly on mobile nowadays. Im in process of getting my ducks lined up for first stealth account and im interested in the outcome here..my plan was to use forwarding number on google voice.
Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

PV, you used a mobile phone to register, my instinct would have been to have used the forwarding landline number on registration & have this forwarded to the mobile line.

Last edited by SUVE; 05-14-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-14-2012

I have registered a new google voice number so far, that is all. It has a matching area code to stealth address. I have it set to forward calls to this google number to my mobile. Didnt register with eb or pp as of yet. Need to figure out other issues before i do that. I dont want to mess anything up at first, as i am known for that. Haha.
Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitviper View Post
I have registered a new google voice number so far, that is all. It has a matching area code to stealth address. I have it set to forward calls to this google number to my mobile. Didnt register with eb or pp as of yet. Need to figure out other issues before i do that. I dont want to mess anything up at first, as i am known for that. Haha.
GV will appear as a landline to them. So no issue there, fingers crossed.

hmm, OK, I had though you had already done this.......So your issues are hypothetical then for the moment...
EDITS:
actually I had mixed you with this folk who has a similiar issue as the OP has: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...r-account.html

I believe you will be 'OK' due your use of a GV number matching your stealth address area code. This 'GV' approach appears to work for the moment.

Last edited by SUVE; 05-14-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If this landline fails, I'm seriously considering office space with multiple phones & accounts for a confirmed address, using business accounts. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
An update to paypal restriction issue: Finally able to make a payment today, NOT because landline phone is hooked up, but rather due to funded paypal account. So, if having issues due to phone verify, fund account from linked bank account, and seems to be running much smoother now.

I will update this thread if anything changes...
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Adding funds to p/p from a linked stealth bank account could result in a major problem if the name on the bank account is not the same as that on the p/p account.

Sort of giving the game away really
Old 05-16-2012
Banned

Quote:

It does not mean it will either.

I read your post just above and stated early on in this thread that something just was not adding up because forcing a land line would be a major issue for everyone. Eb knows almost everyone these days does not have a landline.

I was hoping you could get this worked out because if this was something new then many of us would be having to change a lot of things quickly.

Now that you might have it worked out get to work on backups.

Props to you for working so hard on this and not giving up.
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It does not mean it will either.

I read your post just above and stated early on in this thread that something just was not adding up because forcing a land line would be a major issue for everyone. Eb knows almost everyone these days does not have a landline.

I was hoping you could get this worked out because if this was something new then many of us would be having to change a lot of things quickly.

Now that you might have it worked out get to work on backups.

Props to you for working so hard on this and not giving up.
Hi, still not sure landlines aren't required, because if you have to fund, & names don't match, isn't that as issue? My linked account is a business account, & it still went thru. But, if I didn't have a business account, just a personal checking with a different last name, I could see that causing issues.

Still thinking of cheap office space with multiple landlines for about 4 stealth accounts down the road, all the best.
Old 05-16-2012
Banned

Quote:
Hi, still not sure landlines aren't required, because if you have to fund, & names don't match, isn't that as issue? My linked account is a business account, & it still went thru. But, if I didn't have a business account, just a personal checking with a different last name, I could see that causing issues.

Still thinking of cheap office space with multiple landlines for about 4 stealth accounts down the road, all the best.
Did you happen to check the box when signing up for pp business "brick and mortar" location?

I am creating accounts almost every single day and have never had this issue.

There is something you are doing for them to ask for this. Dont know what but something is triggering it.
Old 05-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Did you happen to check the box when signing up for pp business "brick and mortar" location?

I am creating accounts almost every single day and have never had this issue.

There is something you are doing for them to ask for this. Dont know what but something is triggering it.
Update: paypal forced the issue of a good, oldfashioned landline. I was able to make payments as long as I had a funded account, however, if I wanted to use a credit card, all previous numbers (prepaid, cell, virtual) were useless.

Thankfully, I had a landline installed this morning, so when the verification popped up, I was able to add a real landline & confirm.

I truly think this is going to be more of an issue going forward.......