Just got my hands on my buddies 10+ year old account... now what? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-05-2012
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake
Default Just got my hands on my buddies 10+ year old account... now what?

How do I take care of it? It was suspended for non payment of fees for an unknown amount of time (very low amount btw). I paid it with a VV and it got instantly reinstated.

I changed the phone number and email addy on the account and thats it... I don't plan to change anything else.

How can i make this work with paypal? I started a new one and verified it with a VV, and am about to link a clean account number.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Sounds like you are taking the right steps. Make sure to build some cookies and browsing history with your new IP/computer before trying to sell anything.

Don't screw it up!
Old 06-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 4%

10yr old EB account? The fact that you started changing stuff and are clearly on a new IP from when it was last used can already raise flags.

Where is his original PP account? You just plan to create a brand new one and attach it to the EB with mismatch information and away you go? Not hardly. You really need to do some research on this because you sound like you think you are going to go full throttle and make tens of thousands of dollars per month just because the EB account is 10 years old????
Old 06-05-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

I know to start slowly. I definitely know that.

Im also thinking about opening an LLC in a similar name? idk. The paypal account i opened matches the information... I think im going to open an LLC that has his name. I know for a fact he didnt get prompted for his social, because he used to sell pre-IRS requirement. there have been no feedback for over a year for anything.

suggestions unknown?

Last edited by pr0wake; 06-05-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

also, he hadnt accessed that account for a lonngggg while. He only logged in for a second before realizing he had a past due balance. Im positive he had no cookies built up.
Old 06-05-2012

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowakeskater View Post
How do I take care of it? It was suspended for non payment of fees for an unknown amount of time (very low amount btw). I paid it with a VV and it got instantly reinstated.

I changed the phone number and email addy on the account and thats it... I don't plan to change anything else.

How can i make this work with paypal? I started a new one and verified it with a VV, and am about to link a clean account number.
Ahh man i have to start asking my friends for their accounts. Just make sure to build cookies and get a good amount of browsing history before selling, goodluck
Old 06-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 73%

Where is his original PP account ?
newjerseymax (06-06-2012)
Old 06-05-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Dunno, im sure he still has it. I didnt really ask him for it... maybe I should
Old 06-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Dunno, im sure he still has it. I didnt really ask him for it... maybe I should
I think before you do anything else, you ought to find out the status of this previous PP A/C.

I am surprised it did not occur to you to have resolved the status of this PP from the outset.
Old 06-05-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

he still has it, im sure its not closed or in default. the guy is older and owed $12 to EB. the PP is registered under the same email his EB was, would it be wise of me to get my hands on that too? does it matter on an account that hasnt been used for over a year?
Old 06-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Dunno,... im sure he still has it

Instead of all this -dunno/sure- uncertainty over the status of this previous PP, find out for FACT the exact status of this PP A/C, then I RECOMMEND you buy that PP A/C & any associated detailing off this buddy, & then take it from there.

This is where you should be as your starting point.

Last edited by SUVE; 06-06-2012 at 12:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SUVE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2012

Longevity: 70%

this wont last long, as soon as taxes come into play......pay to play
Old 06-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Please dont do anything more until you have fully spoken to your buddy. Find out as much of the history as you can.

Be prepared there might be nasties the old buddy has been too lazy to tell you exist. To use the account you should know its history in any case.

'Old accounts' are not teh golden goose they used to be. Please bear that in mind. ebay sometimes gives them a hard time when they re-start.
Should you resolve the paypal issues then start at a slow pace. It's nice to have a buddy though for our ebay dreams
Old 06-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Solid advice.... What if there are issues with previous pp you are unaware of? Instant limitation could occur.

Treat this baby more gentile then a new one. Once you get going 6-12 month down road then it could become valuable. Also, you are changing info to fast. They might think its been hacked and ask for ID, so be prepared. Will your buddy allow you to send his documents or call for you?
Old 06-06-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
this wont last long, as soon as taxes come into play......pay to play
I'm going to open an LLC in his name. will that be ok? (his first) (his last) LLC.
Old 06-06-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

ok, buddy says the PP account is still active without problems, and he still uses it occasionally...
Old 06-06-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
I'm going to open an LLC in his name. will that be ok? (his first) (his last) LLC.
What?

First of all you should not be using his name for anything.

Second, if he still uses the pp then why does he not want the eb account anymore?

Something does not sound right here for someone to hand you over a 10 yr old eb account and not the pp that was attached.

How long has the eb account sat without using it? Could be another major issue. Then you start changing the info around.

Get ready to be asked for everything but the sink as you just drew notice to an old account.

This account could be awesome if you do things right, it has high feedback and has been recently used.

Slow down before you destroy it.

And do not open an LLC in his name, no need to do so.

If something goes wrong with this account then you just put him in a bad situation.
Old 06-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 4%

Good God this is going to crash and burn so hard. Try not to get killed by your friend when you get all of his accounts shut down.
Old 06-06-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

its not like I would be opening an LLC in his name, I would be creating a LLC business that looks like a normal name, in this case, his...

etc, Bob Thompson LLC - DBA Chris reynolds - Real name Brad Smith -

^^^ thats completely legal to do
Old 06-06-2012
Banned
Threadstarter  

How the **** do you guys say to do one thing and then go completely against it? You say don't change information, and now you say change it?

I want to hear from people who actually know what to do.

I'm ignoring all the "somethings not right if he still uses the PP" thats just stupid here-say talk. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS EB ACCOUNT. its not like a bank account. he just got pissed at ebay fees and stopped using ebay. its been almost two years.
Old 06-06-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
How the **** do you guys say to do one thing and then go completely against it? You say don't change information, and now you say change it?

I'm ignoring all the "somethings not right if he still uses the PP" thats just stupid here-say talk. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS EB ACCOUNT. its not like a bank account. he just got pissed at ebay fees and stopped using ebay. its been almost two years.
When you spend 4 years on this board and have thousands of post then you can demand and yell.

Until then, learn for yourself. Or do you have the skills to do so.

If you had taken the time you would have learned that once you use the account for a while and doing well then you can change some info, until then and if the account has not been used it will draw flags.

But, since you are so stupid and dont want advice from anyone here then go ruin an account and screw your buddy over.

When he loses his account and needs it later because you are too stupid to take sound advise dont come back whining.

Cannot believe you calling us stupid when you seem to be dumb as a rock yourself or want us to hand feed you so when you screw up and come back and blame us for your stupidity.

Hope your buddy knows that if you screw up he could get his credit killed by a fool who is too lazy to make an account themselves.

** No sense in helping this idiot if he is going to call us out on everything.

Guess you are now on ignore or ignoranus I should say.

Have a nice day and I hope you dont get another bit of help from here because no one wants to help someone and then get called on the advice given.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
cmbhuy (06-07-2012), SUVE (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012

Quote:

You have really pi**ed my friend SandyD off haven't you? Not a good move I'm afraid

And I'm too old to be spoken to like that so I'm passing as well

Good luck with it
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
SUVE (06-06-2012)