Major Problem! Accounts Linked! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-21-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Major Problem! Accounts Linked!

I opened a new bank account for the first time with halifax 2-3 months ago. When i did it the woman asked if i could switch all my direct debits from a different bank account i had to the new one which she had oppened for me.

Well i have just went to withdraw from one of my paypal accounts and i saw that it wanted to withdraw to halifax which didnt make sense. I looked at what bank accounts i have listed and there is 2 instead of 1 and one is the new halifax account i opened :>

Now the new halifax account is my first every attempt of doing things 100% right. I am hoping to hit TRS on this and making some good money.

One thing that may save me is that money from my OLD paypal has not been withdrawn to my NEW halifax account. Do you think i can just delete the bank account and i will be ok?

The old account is in really bad standing. I have 2 ebays linked to it. One was banned from selling but very luckily i am still able to sell on the second linked account.

What do you guys make of this?
The Following User Says Thank You to arshavin For This Useful Post:
Stigger (07-21-2012)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-21-2012

Longevity: 76%

When you transferred your direct debits Halifax would have notified all the receipients. That Halifax account is now useless I'm afraid. You need to start again
Old 07-21-2012
Threadstarter  

I actually have a sick feeling in my stomach.
Old 07-21-2012

It was the transferring of the Direct Debits that shot you

Think about it

I can't even think of a work around

IMO that account is like the parrot in the Monty Python sketch

See what others say before you jump off the cliff
Old 07-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Like i say i have not withdrawn anything from my old paypal to my new haifax but its listed.
Old 07-21-2012

That Halifax account is now linked to your old Paypal account and, as far as I am aware, cannot be used again on any other Paypal account - whether you have withdrawn or not

As I say, see what others may think but from where I'm sitting you are shafted and need to go out Monday and get a new account. Halifax will let you open a 2nd account without problems - think before you act but an easy mistake to make
Old 07-21-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
I opened a new bank account for the first time with halifax 2-3 months ago. When i did it the woman asked if i could switch all my direct debits from a different bank account i had to the new one which she had oppened for me.

Well i have just went to withdraw from one of my paypal accounts and i saw that it wanted to withdraw to halifax which didnt make sense. I looked at what bank accounts i have listed and there is 2 instead of 1 and one is the new halifax account i opened :>

Now the new halifax account is my first every attempt of doing things 100% right. I am hoping to hit TRS on this and making some good money.

One thing that may save me is that money from my OLD paypal has not been withdrawn to my NEW halifax account. Do you think i can just delete the bank account and i will be ok?

The old account is in really bad standing. I have 2 ebays linked to it. One was banned from selling but very luckily i am still able to sell on the second linked account.

What do you guys make of this?

First of all, how did this happen , did you add the account to PP by mistake ?

Did you send any deposits (two mirocs) for the new bnk account, check in account profile to see if the new bnk account is unconfirmed and/or a red flag next to it.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 07-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Sort of a false alarm. Phew!!!

What happened was i opened a basic haifax account 2-3 months ago. I then visited a branch last month and they opened me 1 more account up which was a current account. When they opened the new current account they asked to switch my direct debits from a diff bank account i owned that wasnt halifax. This must be why my old paypal account is showing 2 bank accounts one of them being the halifax?

I just realised that the fbasic bank account i opened at first that is trading on ebay isnt the linked account. The linked account is the second account that isnt registered with paypal yet.

So a sigh of relief from me but its still a great shame to have a wasted account!!!

Do you think i could be cheeky and try and open a new paypal account with this if i delete on the problem paypal account? This bank account was going to be my second ebay account that was totally legit
Old 07-21-2012

you have one pp with two bnk accounts on it right ?

Is that the second pp or first ?

You not making sence to me, i'm confused.

So whats acutally going on ?

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 07-21-2012

That account is already on PPs pooter. If you use it to open another PP account PPs pooter will flash up that it has already been used. The fact that a DD is attached to it confirms it is 'active' and therefore cannot be used on PPs system for any other account
Old 07-21-2012

im must have missed where he said DD is attached

i even asked and never got a reply to what i asked so how we are supposed to help is byond me.

If the DD has been done then he could be stuffed but the bank account is in prime possistion for a little test, i think

Old 07-21-2012

ah blond moment tut.

Old 07-21-2012

right got it now.

>>>>>>>>>.

When they opened the new current account they asked to switch my direct debits from a diff bank account i owned that wasnt halifax.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i take it this account that was not halifax was used on pp(must have been) and if you take a close look you have linked you new pp by your new HX current account that you transfered DD to.

if the account that is not hx was not used on pp then you could be o.k

'
Something to be lent here for sure, i have never transfered DD's anyway but for future reference, never transfer DD from a pp used bnk account to a new bnk account you plan to use for stealth PP.

Last edited by Stigger; 07-21-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-21-2012

My sentiments exactly
Old 07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
My sentiments exactly

So to answer the question....

Its already linked.

and possible pp linkage too.

Last edited by Stigger; 07-21-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-21-2012

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
right got it now.

>>>>>>>>>.

When they opened the new current account they asked to switch my direct debits from a diff bank account i owned that wasnt halifax.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i take it this account that was not halifax was used on pp(must have been) and if you take a close look you have linked you new pp by your new HX current account that you transfered DD to.

if the account that is not hx was not used on pp then you could be o.k

'
Something to be lent here for sure, i have never transfered DD's anyway but for future reference, never transfer DD from a pp used bnk account to a new bnk account you plan to use for stealth PP.

Spot on. NEVER transfer DD's, as they use the DD reference numbers too, and that is all the information they need to link the accounts...
Old 07-21-2012

What i want to know is.

Does the (New) HX bnk account show up on the PP that the None HX bnk account is on or is it a total separate one.

If we/i presume that it is attached to the pp the none hx account is on then he should be o.k if he uses a new bnk account for his new to create pp. but should never use that (NEW) HX bnk account for another PP

If its a separate pp account that the new HF bnk account is shown on then he's got bigger problems.

Old 07-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
What i want to know is.

Does the (New) HX bnk account show up on the PP that the None HX bnk account is on or is it a total separate one.

If we/i presume that it is attached to the pp the none hx account is on then he should be o.k if he uses a new bnk account for his new to create pp. but should never use that (NEW) HX bnk account for another PP

If its a separate pp account that the new HF bnk account is shown on then he's got bigger problems.
I have a barclays account that has a paypal attatched. The paypal account for this now shows both the barclays account and the NEW halifax account in my bank account profile.

The NEW halifax account isnts linked to any other paypal account at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to arshavin For This Useful Post:
Stigger (07-24-2012)
Old 07-21-2012

The NEW halifax account is now useless and will link any other Paypal account that you attach it to
Old 07-21-2012
Threadstarter  

waste of a bank account
Old 07-21-2012

Yes - but a valuable lesson learned
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Stigger (07-24-2012)
Old 07-21-2012

Longevity: 68%

When transfers on DD are made, its seems they notify the originators of the DD the new bank account numbers..