Major Problem with paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Major Problem with paypal

Someone was selling using my eBay account and my Paypal account, from what i can tell the items that were being sold were counterfiet so eBay closed my account and Paypal limited my account permanently so i contacted eBay to let them know that it was not myself who sold any of the items, eBay then investigated it and reinstated my account, but not so easy with Paypal all i keep getting is its been investigated by a senior assosiate and limitation is to remain. I contacted my bank because they were using my bank account also and looking at statement on Paypal most of the money was transferred outside the UK. Paypal are a joke why can eBay the place the items have been sold on reactivate my account and get my account active again but Paypal cannot i cannot understand why Paypal persist on not reactivating my account end of the day if eBay have refunded me all the sellers fees and reactivated my account for the items that were sold on there then surely Paypal should reactivate my account. Are Paypal governed by the FSA? If they are im going to take this to fin ombudsman because this is a joke now. There is money in my Paypal account which i have told them i dont want because it was through sales that i havent done, but still they persist on no activating my account. Im getting worried now because i recieved a letter from a Interlectual Property Rights Company for Timberland advising that they are taking action against me because someone has been selling counterfiet Timberlands on my account they have demanded a payment for £750.00 and for the seize of selling of any more timberland boots but i never sold any. I have told the Interlectual Property Rights Company that eBay have investigated and reactivated my account and advised that my account has been used by a third party but this Interlectual Property Rights Company wont except this they stated they need to find out who has profited from the sales, the only people who have profited are prob long gone and now its all come crashing down on me. Any advised anyone can give to me much appreciated.

Any advise would be much appreciated the Timberlands Solicitors are no doubt going to be ringing me again soon but they wont accept the fact the eBay have advised that someone else has used my account.

Thanks for any advise in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother2Brother View Post
Someone was selling using my eBay account and my Paypal account, from what i can tell the items that were being sold were counterfiet so eBay closed my account and Paypal limited my account permanently so i contacted eBay to let them know that it was not myself who sold any of the items, eBay then investigated it and reinstated my account, but not so easy with Paypal all i keep getting is its been investigated by a senior assosiate and limitation is to remain. I contacted my bank because they were using my bank account also and looking at statement on Paypal most of the money was transferred outside the UK. Paypal are a joke why can eBay the place the items have been sold on reactivate my account and get my account active again but Paypal cannot i cannot understand why Paypal persist on not reactivating my account end of the day if eBay have refunded me all the sellers fees and reactivated my account for the items that were sold on there then surely Paypal should reactivate my account. Are Paypal governed by the FSA? If they are im going to take this to fin ombudsman because this is a joke now. There is money in my Paypal account which i have told them i dont want because it was through sales that i havent done, but still they persist on no activating my account. Im getting worried now because i recieved a letter from a Interlectual Property Rights Company for Timberland advising that they are taking action against me because someone has been selling counterfiet Timberlands on my account they have demanded a payment for £750.00 and for the seize of selling of any more timberland boots but i never sold any. I have told the Interlectual Property Rights Company that eBay have investigated and reactivated my account and advised that my account has been used by a third party but this Interlectual Property Rights Company wont except this they stated they need to find out who has profited from the sales, the only people who have profited are prob long gone and now its all come crashing down on me. Any advised anyone can give to me much appreciated.

Any advise would be much appreciated the Timberlands Solicitors are no doubt going to be ringing me again soon but they wont accept the fact the eBay have advised that someone else has used my account.

Thanks for any advise in advance
someone else used your ebay and paypal, and then used your bank and transfered money out of UK, all without you knowing? Are you saying you were hacked eg your ebay , paypal AND bank were hacked - really? or you gave permission for these people to use these. They are seperate issues, so cannot advise properly otherwise. The hacking part is believable, the bank access is a bit harder to fathom.

As for the timberland letter, did you sign for it? The forum cannot give legal advice, you may need to see a lawyer. However if ebay has given you notice by email or in writing that your account was hacked? well that should be very beneficial to you if it ends up in court then, if they have investigated and found this themselves. Funny thing is, alot of accounts that have even attempted to get hacked in to, trigger a bot and they shut them down.

Yes FSA regulates paypal.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-06-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 75%

Basically they have used my paypal account to transfer money out of my bank account, I contacted my bank and they advised that its Identity Fraud, im just worried about all this when i log onto Paypal and go to resolution centre they also stated to me that no I.D has been provided to them but its states on there that I.D has been submitted so i havent got a clue what has been submitted to them, and cannot believe that when i have contacted them on several occasions on the phone they have said that no one has submitted I.D to them, now i know them to be lying because online it says someone has.

Paypal are absolute rubbish at sorting stuff out. I have taken all necessary steps to let my bank know and let eBay know who have rectified the situation on my account as far as to go as refunding me the sellers fees because of the items that were sold. So yeah that have investigated it otherwise why would they refund the fees?

And no i havent signed anything, i cannot afford to get a lawyor involved im trying to sort it myself i cant believe that i may potentially be landed with a massive fine because someone else has used my account to sell items i havent authorised to be sold.

As far as using my bank accounts its an account i rarely use so didnt even know about all this untill i recieved the letter from Timberland. I dont get statements for this bank account because its all online. Just find this a complete joke Paypal are the worst company ever and eBay are just as bad, because you cant actually sell on eBay unless you have Paypal account you have to offer it as a payment option for every Auction. What a joke. Role on the day there is another Auction site and Online transfer company that is better than both of these.

All i want is to get this sorted, but no doubt i will end up getting a massive fine for something i havent done.
Old 04-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Do NOT Worry about Timberland, sort out your Paypal and Ebay problems and do not even Respond to Timberland,,at the end of the day if all that you posted here is accurate, then Paypal and Ebay MUST confirm that your accounts were Hacked and Timberland will have to accept that,,also with so many easier cases which Im certain Timberland has before them, why would they choose to Prosecute a case that could get really complex?,,,They would'nt,,,and Im quite sure that that also applies in the UK as well as the US