creating user accounts - an end to clearing cookies? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-07-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%

So in July I can't delete my cookies?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-07-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: I Live on the Border of 4 diff states--all within an hours drive, so between all 4, i have over 30 public libraries i go to, all diff ips.. So- cant be the ip---
Old 06-12-2008
Banned

Default You got it going on man 47 accounts WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
That's correct I have 48 user accounts on my Windows machine right now. I also change their icons. For my eBay accounts, I select the eBay logo so I can easily spot them. But 47 of the 48 are for eBay anyways :D
So let me get this straight. Suppose if I create 5 seperate users on my pc how would I get different ip addresses for each user on one pc? And if one of users gets suspended what am I to do then, get a new computer?

I almost have everything down this and one or two more things and I'm ready to sell again

Thanks in advance for help :D

Last edited by John14789; 06-12-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2008

Longevity: 94%

I also use a Public library, I have had 2-accounts suspended on that ip, and still have 3 others up without problems.
Old 06-16-2008

By creating a new windows user name the cookies are seperated for each of your eBay accounts so the info can be sperated for each individual user and the website cannot read the username of the specific cookies that are being used.

So bearing that in mind along with changing the IP surely that should be all that is needed (so long as you have non-infected info for your eb accounts) to make sure they are not linked with previously infected accounts.

So if people are still experiencing problems then perhaps there is more to it than what I stated above and I am wondering this:

Can eBay check the following details:

Windows Registered Name
Windows Registered Organization
Windows Serial Number
Computer HOSTNAME
Desktop Resolution

If it can and anyone needs help wanting to know how to change your windows info then let me know and I will publish it here.

I am thinking what with mixed reports about using new windows user accounts that there is still more too it than just doing that and changing IP. Modee has a list of things he does before he accesses his accounts and I am sure it may have something to do with some of the things I have listed above.

After all if you log onto some websites they are able to tell you some of the following info plus more:

What browser you are using
Windows XP/Vista etc
Resolution
Hostname
Windows registered name/organization

So what would stop eBay being able to know this info?

Last edited by trust & safety retards; 06-16-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

ebayhateluv,
What did the emails say? What code was in the subject line? Lately I've been getting 055's when I lose a bunch of accounts at once, and the email says

"You have been linked to suspended user: XYZ. But the interesting thing is, XYZ isn't one of my accounts. (Not putting the name they used cause ebay is watching me ) "

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-17-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2008

Longevity: 94%
Default User Accounts on Mac work the same as PC?

currently I'm running my accounts (11 of them ) on a Powerbook G4 and am trying to get my ducks in a row with the cookies and avoid phone-id.

Is anyone out their working on a Mac and using multiple users on OSX?
How are things working out for you?

I am assuming that the basic premise of changing user accounts for each ebay id would be the same on a Mac but would like to be sure?

Thanks

Steveo3818
Old 06-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

They can't check Windows Serial numbers, that's for sure. Otherwise Microsoft would sue them.
Old 06-17-2008

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
They can't check Windows Serial numbers, that's for sure. Otherwise Microsoft would sue them.
But what about Windows Registered User and Registered Organization, along with the other things I mentioned such as Desktop resolution and what type of windows package etc?

Aspkin will be able to see what browser, IP and service pack we all have just from checking our details when we log in. Surely eBay's security checks is better than just Cookies and IPs.