Seller restriction no time limit set please help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-14-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Seller restriction no time limit set please help

This past Saturday I called in to ask for a limit increase thinking since I had one my first month that went from 10 items and 500 dollars to 100 items 5,000 dollars for my second month, I probably should have waited before calling in since in 2 weeks I would have had no limits then but I had reached my limit and everything going well.

my account is verified idenity already 100 percent positive feedback of 61 positive feedbacks averaging 5 stars in all categories and all my items sell with fast and free shipping as I do free priority shipping on all sells. I respond to customer issues within 2 business hours and get excellent feedback remarks so I thought no problem so I called on Saturday and the rep was super by the book he opened up my paypal account which he had because I take paypal for payments, and seen I had a couple of paypal purchases that were large from DHgate which if everyone does not know effective August 6th Paypal cut off Dhgate because to many complaints of there items being phake. , I too have had bad experiences on dhgate however as long as you work with great sellers and only buy certain items then no issues. Because of this he placed a seller limitation on my account to where I can not list anything new until I fax in my ID.

I am already verified so dont know why I have to send that in again along with statements from other sellers that I buy from, my other active listings remain with no issues, if I do not fax in anything will this restriction go away? If so how long will it take for this restriction to come off?

Makes me upset had I not called in asking for an increase just waited 2 more weeks till my 90 days were up I would have been fine!!! The restriction does not list a time period or anything and again my active listings are all fine a total of 11 active listings with no issues just cant list any new items, my selling limit was not changed still at 100 items or 5,000 dollars. Any help on this would be much appreciated if anybody else has went through this and what they did or didnt do and how long it took for restriction to come off.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

That's my most sacred rule. Never contact eBay for anything, no matter what the problem is. I'd rather lose an account than contact eBay, because a small stone might trigger an avalanche that will cause much bigger problems.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
bansheezone (08-26-2012), newjerseymax (08-26-2012)
Old 08-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

Makes me upset had I not called in asking for an increase ...
Exactly - if it aint broke, don't muck around with it. Imjustme is on the right concept - go make new accounts. All the best.
Old 08-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Another good tip is never use a paypal that you use for selling, to make purchases with.

If you need to pay suppliers with paypal, have one that is only used for buying.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
bansheezone (08-26-2012)
Old 08-14-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yes I understand that now, trust me.

I do have other back up accounts. it just wouldnt make sense to just give up on this account however with 100 percent positive feedback with 61 positive feedbacks left. in just 2 months the account has been open and 5 star rating average on all categories as again I give free priority shipping on all auctions or first class on smaller items either way shows up fast and free on all orders.

the account is not suspended, again all current listings are fine .its just the restriction that is there. From what I understand restrictions are not permanent.

Before calling in and trying to sweet talk a supervisor wanted to see if anyone knew how long the restriction would be on there if I did nothing
Old 08-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Well, the general rule of thumb is NEVER call Ebay to ask for Limit increases, let the increases come on their own, at this point if you can Provide the information that they require I would say to give it to them , if not, let this be a lesson learned,
Old 08-20-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Trust me this was a lesson learned however it is not a suspension just a restriction. just need to know if this has happened to anyone and if they just did nothing and after a period of time that it went away, now have 63 positive feedbacks 100 percent positive and 5 star average in all categories, I take care of all buyers!

I am thinking about calling in talking to a supervisor and see if they will remove restriction for me.

but before doing that and risking making things any worse was hoping that someone would know if this selling restriction would fall of on its own.
Old 08-20-2012

Longevity: 67%

I've heard that they do a 7 day restriction, then a 30 day restriction, then an indefinite. However, I've never been restricted before and received an indefinite restriction for absolutely no reason.

best of luck.
Old 08-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatt220 View Post
Trust me this was a lesson learned however it is not a suspension just a restriction. just need to know if this has happened to anyone and if they just did nothing and after a period of time that it went away, now have 63 positive feedbacks 100 percent positive and 5 star average in all categories, I take care of all buyers!

I am thinking about calling in talking to a supervisor and see if they will remove restriction for me.

but before doing that and risking making things any worse was hoping that someone would know if this selling restriction would fall of on its own.

Selling restrictions with ID requests usually mean you need to supply what they want.

Does not matter that you are already fully verified. You might get into deeper trouble with another phone call...
Old 08-20-2012

Something similar has happened to me, since you are selling VERY well most likely you are dealing with vero items.... if it has a brand name on it and you have been purchasing your items from Dhgate then your paypal is going down unless you can tell them that the items you have bought from dhgate are for other things and provide them with real legit invoices of your products (Not dhgate invoices) theres no way they will lift the limit, you just happened to have run into a representative that noticed and took action.
Old 08-20-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for info greenbean and stealth I can provide invoices however if it is from companies that do not take paypal that are smaller companies but are in the USA have never dealt with ebay or paypal will this be ok or does ebay and paypal only accept invoices from approved wholesale vendors regardless if a vendor has not ever been cut off from paypal or ebay?? It is bs in my opinion dhgate accepted paypal for years and then Dhgate sent out a message saying effective August 6th they will not take paypal anymore, ebay and paypal should not punish sellers who have dealt with dhgate and have not had issues with any bad feedback or vero complaints the items I sell from dhgate do not have a brand name anyway. So will ebay go through all sellers paypal accounts and if they used same paypal account like I did buying through dhgate then suspend or restrict them to prove where they buy there items? In my opinion in these situations they should just say that you can not buy from this company anymore and take your word for it then if you have vero issues or customers saying your items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ then make a seller show invoices, I wish someone on here worked for ebay and could pay them like 50 bucks to remove bs restriction
Old 08-20-2012
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

You can start by using paragraphs.

It's a headache trying to read a long clutter of words like this.
Old 08-24-2012

Quote:
Thanks for info greenbean and stealth I can provide invoices however if it is from companies that do not take paypal that are smaller companies but are in the USA have never dealt with ebay or paypal will this be ok or does ebay and paypal only accept invoices from approved wholesale vendors regardless if a vendor has not ever been cut off from paypal or ebay?? It is bs in my opinion dhgate accepted paypal for years and then Dhgate sent out a message saying effective August 6th they will not take paypal anymore, ebay and paypal should not punish sellers who have dealt with dhgate and have not had issues with any bad feedback or vero complaints the items I sell from dhgate do not have a brand name anyway. So will ebay go through all sellers paypal accounts and if they used same paypal account like I did buying through dhgate then suspend or restrict them to prove where they buy there items? In my opinion in these situations they should just say that you can not buy from this company anymore and take your word for it then if you have vero issues or customers saying your items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ then make a seller show invoices, I wish someone on here worked for ebay and could pay them like 50 bucks to remove bs restriction
there probably is workers here in this forum but im sure they take ALOT more then 50bucks and only deal with high end clients
Old 08-25-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well if someone does work for ebay and want to private message me on what they would charge to remove this restriction as its not like I did anything wrong or even a suspension, so should be very easy for them to remove the restriction.
Old 08-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Well if someone does work for ebay and want to private message me on what they would charge to remove this restriction as its not like I did anything wrong or even a suspension, so should be very easy for them to remove the restriction.

I cannot see a Good finale to this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Good Luck
Old 08-26-2012

Longevity: 75%

Hi there

I work for Ebay send $50 to my bank account and I will remove the restriction

Of course I don't but I cannot help but wonder how many messages you will receive like this
Old 08-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

The restriction will never go away. You must send in what they ask for otherwise it will turn into a permanent limitation.

The 7 day/ 14 day/ 30 day restriction is totally different then ID verify restriction. I have gotten this on a few accounts. ebay simply wants to verify that you and your product is legit. No sweet talking out of this one.

You broke several unwritten rules and now you must do what they say. No way around it. Period!

Just send it the documents, make sure everything matches your account info and wait about 3-5 days and they will send you result of review.

I hope that helps.