Can I open a new paypal account with Savings account number? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-28-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenupy2j View Post
So what if I choose "current account" and enter the savings account number? Will paypal still find out that its savings account?
That is NOT Going to work for too long.

GT is the only one making sense, do as she says and research.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
I am guessing that "others" refers to me... strange as I am just one guy. I already pointed that part out in my first post. So despite what? I said that if verification was not important, just leave it unconfirmed and bypass this Direct Debit issue altogether and just use it for withdrawals. That would avoid any potential headache. Or use the first savings account to get verified and use a second one to withdraw if the first gets removed.

Your still not up to scratch, i suggest you follow GT's advise too.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 08-28-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
That is NOT Going to work for too long.

GT is the only one making sense, do as she says and research.

I don't see how my posts don't make sense...

Quote:
Your still not up to scratch, i suggest you follow GT's advise too.
And what is this supposed to mean? I searched ages ago and that is all that I was ever able to make of your posts... add the saver and leave it alone. Hopefully it won't be removed. If it gets removed, just add a second one?

I searched again and this still all I see? So what is your point? I do remember you mentioning to remove it before it got kicked but this seems to be futile since it doesn't seem to stop PayPal blocking the account from being added again, if they were going to do so anyway. I find that it is much better to just leave it than to mess with it.

Last edited by Elijah; 08-28-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2012

Quote:
I don't see how my posts don't make sense...

And what is this supposed to mean? I searched ages ago and that is all that I was ever able to make of your posts... add the saver and leave it alone. Hopefully it won't be removed. If it gets removed, just add a second one?

I searched again and this still all I see? So what is your point? I do remember you mentioning to remove it before it got kicked but this seems to be futile since it doesn't seem to stop PayPal blocking the account from being added again, if they were going to do so anyway. I find that it is much better to just leave it than to mess with it.
what i mean is , your still doing things the old way.

RESEARCH.

Old 08-28-2012

And as I say, research has just brought up what I already know... everything that you have said in your various posts was summarised in that one post.
Old 08-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Have you actually tried this on any of the 14 Paypal accounts that you create every week?

I've got 4 paypals with savers added. I took Tizwoz's very helpful advice and verified the paypals as soon as the deposits landed and then immediately removed the bank account. On all 4 paypals the same bank account can be added / removed at will without being blocked.
Old 08-28-2012

Yes. In fact the majority of those accounts are used with savers from various banks. But since verification doesn't matter to me I leave them unconfirmed and withdraw. It is far easier for me that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
I've got 4 paypals with savers added. I took Tizwoz's very helpful advice and verified the paypals as soon as the deposits landed and then immediately removed the bank account. On all 4 paypals the same bank account can be added / removed at will without being blocked.
When I tried that on multiple accounts it still got blocked. They say that the disallowed it from being added again but were not able to remove the account (as I already removed it...) and that I should login to online banking to cancel the Direct Debit

Last edited by Elijah; 08-28-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 08-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
So what if I choose "current account" and enter the savings account number? Will paypal still find out that its savings account?
What you need to decide, and I am saying this to put the WHOLE THREAD back on topic, is what type of savings account you are using?

Why are you not considering a basic account?

The very crux of the matter is this:

what type of savings account AND what bank are under consideration?
Old 08-29-2012

Longevity: 74%

With my experience you can use a savings account...I just mark on paypal that it is a checking. Works fine I have only had a problem with one bank and thats TDBANK.
The small deposits to verify didnt go through and flagged that bank account with them. Had to get a regular checking to add to the account.

So yes, just not tdbank lol
Old 08-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes. In fact the majority of those accounts are used with savers from various banks. But since verification doesn't matter to me I leave them unconfirmed and withdraw. It is far easier for me that way.

When I tried that on multiple accounts it still got blocked. They say that the disallowed it from being added again but were not able to remove the account (as I already removed it...) and that I should login to online banking to cancel the Direct Debit
Is there a limit to withdraw with unconfirmed bank account? Also, is it safe?
Old 08-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
What you need to decide, and I am saying this to put the WHOLE THREAD back on topic, is what type of savings account you are using?

Why are you not considering a basic account?

The very crux of the matter is this:

what type of savings account AND what bank are under consideration?
I am using the Current account with another paypal.

It is a Barclays Everyday Savers account.
Old 08-29-2012

Quote:
Is there a limit to withdraw with unconfirmed bank account? Also, is it safe?
£500 per month maximum, and £650 per year total.

What do you mean by "safe"? Do you mean to ask if it increases the chances of limitation? Not in my experience.
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:

What do you mean by "safe"? Do you mean to ask if it increases the chances of limitation? Not in my experience.
Are these not the limits for an unverified Paypal rather than withdrawing to an unconfimed bank account?
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Im by NO Means an Expert on the UK Banking System and how it works with Paypal, But Im Fairly certain that it Works in pretty much the same way as it does here,,,so,
I have a Dumb Question, Whats the big deal in simply opening a Basic Checking account? this way you do not have to deal with this Savings account issue?,,I Mean it takes the Same Effort/Information to open Either, No?,,and if you are going to that much Trouble, Why NOT just Comfirm and Verify the Account?,,
Old 08-30-2012

its not the same here, to open some basic bank account or current accounts it can be harder, there are credit checks and credit scores but not with savers, you can still Comfirm and Verify with savers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
slapped (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Are these not the limits for an unverified Paypal rather than withdrawing to an unconfimed bank account?
Yes you are right. Once you verify you can go to £1900 and beyond and use unconfirmed accounts just like any other account.

Quote:
its not the same here, to open some basic bank account or current accounts it can be harder, there are credit checks and credit scores but not with savers, you can still Comfirm and Verify with savers.
I have heard of some basic accounts having a credit check but never credit scoring. There wouldn't be any point in them existing if they did... they would be just the same as any other current account.

And to slapped's question, many people will still open a load of online savings accounts for the very reason that they can be opened online quickly and easily. For basic accounts you generally need to go into branch, get awkward questions from the staff and then if you are lucky and get the account, wait days to receive the card/pin/account information. So in many ways the online savings accounts are much less hassle.

Last edited by Elijah; 08-30-2012 at 04:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
slapped (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:

So is there any way I can add a confirmed bank account? Not even Cash ISA account?
Old 08-30-2012

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via MSN to ZoonVoo Send a message via Yahoo to ZoonVoo Send a message via Skype™ to ZoonVoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Oh come on - Paypal do not like savings accounts because of the level of security. DON'T do this without knowing what you are doing or it will end in tears before bedtime.

You have been warned

Research - research - research

And then you will be fine
Great advice..thank you GT
Old 08-30-2012

Quote:
So is there any way I can add a confirmed bank account? Not even Cash ISA account?
Of course nothing stops you from following the workarounds to hopefully get the savings account to stay. Also, confirming your bank account will verify your PayPal. Therefore there is no such thing as having an confirmed bank on an unverified PayPal.

ISAs are not ideal, Due to the limit of one per tax year, the limited amount of cash that you can deposit, and the fact that there have been reports of stealth deposits being rejected/PayPal being provided with the owner's real name. They also still have the same problem as any other savings account... you would still need the workaround. It would be a better option to withdraw to a more "normal" account and then manually deposit the cash into the IS, if you really want that tax-free allowance.

Last edited by Elijah; 08-30-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 08-30-2012

Longevity: 75%

Cash ISAs can be VERY VERY problematic. Would definitely advise against using these
Old 08-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Of course nothing stops you from following the workarounds to opefully get the savings account to stay. Also, confirming your bank account will verify your PayPal. Therefore there is no such thing as having an confirmed bank on an unverified PayPal.

ISAs are not ideal, Due to the limit of one per tax year, the limited amount of cash that you can deposit, and the fact that there have been reports of stealth deposits being rejected/PayPal being provided with the owner's real name. They also still have the same problem as any other savings account... you would still need the workaround. It would be a better option to withdraw to a more "normal" account and then manually deposit the cash into the IS, if you really want that tax-free allowance.
I need to withdraw more than 650 a year, how can I do it with the savings account? what bank account do I add after confirming & removing with savings account?
Old 08-30-2012

Longevity: 75%

If you add the saver - get it confirmed and remove it as it needs to be done - then add the saver back when you need to withdraw and then leave it you SHOULD be OK.

No guarantees with Paypal I'm afraid.

Alternately add a second saver and do not confirm and just leave it

Once again there are no guarantees with Paypal. Basic bank account is always better.

You really should look at that. Saver accounts are a bit 'desperation' tactics in my view and it's just one more risk that really doesn't need to be taken
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
SUVE (11-07-2012)