Any savings account OK for paypal UK - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Any savings account OK for paypal UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
ING in UK does not work.
Which ones do work, thanks?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

In all probability none that will last in the long term, they usually all get kicked off in the end but there are some work arounds to combat this.
Old 04-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%

hmmm, interesting, paypal recognises that the account is a savings acc.

New Jersey>> think the goal posts are in a slightly different place for you guyz
Old 04-28-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
In all probability none that will last in the long term, they usually all get kicked off in the end but there are some work arounds to combat this.
What are these workarounds to which you refer?
Old 04-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Try a forum search.

They have been discussed many times in the past.

I'm sure you'll be able to piece it together without me having to spell it out on an open forum.
Old 04-28-2012

It looks to me as if you were referring to some other methods, other than the most common one; I am aware of the one where you remove the account from PP after sending the deposits.

That is all that a search ever brought up for me, which is why I asked you what the other methods were. I thought that there was only one, the method that I mentioned.
Old 04-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Perhaps, but personally I would never remove an account from p/p immediately after confirming it.

Sometimes you need to read between the lines and apply some lateral thinking to discover what can be done.
Old 04-28-2012

Quote:
Sometimes you need to read between the lines and apply some lateral thinking to discover what can be done.
Such a comment is all well and good but does not really help. If there really are other known methods, please just let me know them. As said before a search did not bring up anything other than that workaround.

You can post it in the thread in the subscriber's forum, if you really do not want to post it in the open.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ine-saver.html

Last edited by Elijah; 04-28-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

As I said some lateral thinking needs to be applied.

Who controls the dd mandate, p/p or your bank?

Do you have a good relationship with your bank?

Maybe that's where you need to look for a solution

There are known solutions that work for everyone but I'm sure many successful stealthers on here have some of their own unique methods that work only for them due to their particular set of circumstances. These methods may not work for anyone else.

You need to look closely at how to develop business relationships with your bank and use them to your advantage.

Last edited by NoneOther; 04-28-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2012

Come on now... You could have just said that, instead of giving off the impression that there were other known workarounds that could be done in Paypal. Surely it would have been easier instead of just making people scratch their heads and search for "real" workarounds that could never be found with a search, unlike your post said.

I have a good relationship with the bank (which is why they let me open 5 accounts at once), but they told me that savings accounts would not work with direct debit anyway. So that still does not help in any case. I can obviously just open another basic/current account but then that is the obvious solution, but I would not call this a "workaround".

Last edited by Elijah; 04-28-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

I never said there were other known workarounds, I said you could piece it together by applying some lateral thinking to find a solution to the problem of savers being kicked.

The solution I came up with is real and works for me with my banks approval and did not involve opening any other current or basic accounts.

I suppose it depends on how much thought you put into it and how good your relationship with your bank really is. As I said it works for me because of my particular circumstances but may not for others.
Old 04-29-2012

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
Come on now... You could have just said that, instead of giving off the impression that there were other known workarounds that could be done in Paypal. Surely it would have been easier instead of just making people scratch their heads and search for "real" workarounds that could never be found with a search, unlike your post said.

I have a good relationship with the bank (which is why they let me open 5 accounts at once), but they told me that savings accounts would not work with direct debit anyway. So that still does not help in any case. I can obviously just open another basic/current account but then that is the obvious solution, but I would not call this a "workaround".
Elijah - I would give up trying to get straight answers on this forum its on these threads people giving off 'impressions' and are not directly helping people. You'll be there all day trying to get a direct answer

Try going to your bank Elijah and asking for them to accept a DD on the savings account it might possibly work.

Last edited by Callidus; 04-29-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old 04-29-2012

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavey10 View Post
Elijah - I would give up trying to get straight answers on this forum its on these threads people giving off 'impressions' and are not directly helping people. You'll be there all day trying to get a direct answer

Try going to your bank Elijah and asking for them to accept a DD on the savings account it might possibly work.
Alternatively try using the PM facility.

There is a very good reason why a lot of info never goes up on open forum. It aint rocket science is it?

As has been said - think laterally
Old 04-29-2012

Longevity: 77%

Everything is rocket science when you don't know how...
Old 04-29-2012

Quote:
Quote:
I never said there were other known workarounds [...]
Yes you did? And when I ask what they are, you tell me to search, when the answer that I and others are looking for would obviously never be found. So it just puts us back to square one wondering what the workarounds that you refer to are, and we make more posts asking you to clarify since your reply is extremely vague ("read between the lines"... really?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavey10 View Post

It is different when the answer has been posted many times and a search could easily bring it up, which is what I am sure that you are talking about. In that case, I agree that it is a reasonable request. But telling someone to search when the answer could never be found (due to its "nature") is not helpful at all to be honest.

I asked and they said that such accounts could not work with a direct debit, that I should open more current/basic accounts if I need that. So it puts me back to square one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Alternatively try using the PM facility.

There is a very good reason why a lot of info never goes up on open forum. It aint rocket science is it?

As has been said - think laterally
Yes, it is not rocket science since it is in fact a blindingly obvious solution I think but then it is not really the solution that most people would be looking for, since most banks just seem to say that savings accounts will not work and leave it at that.

Last edited by Elijah; 04-29-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Old 04-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

BBC London just announced Hell was starting to freeze over.

Dont get too chilled..