Bank account question. Is it "safe" to do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 05-04-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Bank account question. Is it "safe" to do?

Hi folks, quick question. I made a PP account and I am in the process of the direct debit 2 despoit thing. The thing is, this is another account as I have had accounts banned before. What I would like to kno wis this....

Is it safe to add my bank (its a bank I actually use for everything and I dont want to open another) and once verified, can I delete it and use an online bank like smile.co.uk etc etc? That way I am verfied and I can keep my "good" bank safe.

Reagrds
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-04-2012

Longevity: 84%

welcome

you can add the Bank safely if its not been used on PP berfore

but even if you delete it, you wont be able to use it on PP again at all (they keep all information)

EVERYTHING needs to be new and different

not sure why you would want to keep a bank account safe ?

why would you need to delete it once its confirmed ?

i would search the forums AND sit down with a cuppa and some biscuits for a couple of hours and buy and carefully read the stealth guide

its invaluable reading
Old 05-04-2012
Threadstarter  

I was just wondering in general. The main reason was because I have had other PP accounts in the past and been banned, as have all of us.

I hate the hassle of closing bank accounts and reopening others so I was wondering If it was possible because I would like to keep this bank account as I have my savings, ISA etc with the bank so it makes sence.

I had the idea of verifying PP via it and then removing so that way I had my bank account still and a verified PP but TSME just informed me I cannot use the same account again.

Tell me this TSME, do you mean I cant use it ever, even if I closed a safe account or only if my account was banned and they recorded the account, if you understand?
Old 05-04-2012

Longevity: 84%

first what bank and account type have you got ? it may not be ideal for pp anyway

secondly why dont you just open another account either for PP or for yourself

and add and leave it on the PP account ?

then you have 1 bank for pp and one for your personal use

if you add and remove the bank account from paypal how are you going to withdraw funds ?

even if you do add then remove and close the pp account the bank account will be useless for any other pp accounts and you will have wasted a bank account

not sure EXACTLY what you are thinking/trying to achieve ?

you can open many bank accounts in an hour or so with NO hassle

again read the stealth guide
Old 05-04-2012
Threadstarter  

It is a Halifax current, not saving, so....

"not sure EXACTLY what you are thinking/trying to achieve" - I was just wondering really, say if it had benefits towards stealth or whatever.

I always went "down the street" for banks. What banks do you recommend that I can use apply online, all banks really?
Old 05-04-2012

In my experience, once a bank account has been added you can't just delete it after verification because the system is set up to tell you you can't not have a bank account on there. Same for the debit/credit card. You would have to add another bank account, go through the process of verification all over again, setting up the direct debit instructions etc., then make the new account the primary account and then delete the first one. And then you can't use the first one again in any other PP accounts because it was originally registered in this PP account. It would be easier if you don't want to have this account in paypal to open a brand new account and use that.