Already difficult customer. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-17-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Already difficult customer.

I am starting a new stealth account, or two since I know I have made a few mistakes and time may be limited on my current account. However, while its still working, I would like to keep selling since this is important income right now. I have 60 buying FB and only 4 selling FB, which are all glowing positive.

One product I sold to this buyer was also sold to two other buyers, who both were very happy with it, reflected in my fb. There are several of what I have on ebay, but mine is cheaper since I need the sales. This product comes in a box, originally. But doing to being moved around, handled, etc, some of the boxes got a little dinged. Also, the boxes made it more of a pain in shipping. I took pics of the product in the bottle, still sealed and dates on bottles too. And stated in auction that boxes were discarded and why.

My buyer last night does a BIN, then sends a message starting out with 'Hey Pal!' They then tell me to cut a piece from the box and include it, and to make sure I send ALL the bottles they ordered, what kind of shipping envelope to use, and what method to ship. The shipping is on my dime, they didn't pay first of all. And I clearly stated that the boxes are discarded. Unless I go to the city dump, and search, there is no way I can do that. I agreed to ship how they wanted but let them know I don't have the boxes. Next message is asking me if they are chinese knock offs and is that why i cant produce the boxes. I assured them that they are not and I take the product myself.

She pays by echeck and includes a message asking if these are going to be fatal for her dogs when taken. Half her messages were in caps, when she was trying to get a point across. Her most recent fback for another sellers were 4 negs. She claimed the sellers was like a thug in new york, and some other crazy long comments. His response was the buyer bought them, paid and wanted refund right away. I have a feeling this buyer is either going to try and scam me or just not be pleased no matter what.

Either way, I am worried about getting bad fb, that will be very bad considered everything. I finally messaged them saying is they feel uneasy about the safety of a product I sold them, that we can cancel the sale and I will refund as soon as their echeck clear. Is there anything else I can do or am I just at their mercy?

Last edited by TGMT²; 09-17-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Paragraphs needed
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Suggestion: Break your story up in smaller paragraphs.
Old 09-17-2012
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by afarmington View Post
Is there anything else I can do or am I just at their mercy?
Yes, you are at their mercy...as all of us are when it comes to feedback from buyers.

If it was me in your situation, I would call your customer and show them your best upbeat and fun personality. Most people will not give an unfavorable feedback to someone they perceive as an acquaintance.

Also, include a couple of free gifts and a hand written Thank You note in the package if you decide to complete the transaction.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (09-17-2012), SaiJin (09-17-2012), slim jim (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you, I will definitely try that
Old 09-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I would follow the advice you have been previously given.

I would also suggest YOU change your attitude towards buyers.

Don't go into selling on these new accounts with the PITA approach.

Buyer is difficult. So? Deal with it calmly. Resolve,sell, block them, move on. CONTROL your account
Old 09-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I have an idea on what product you sell by name and maybe what company. I would be careful on selling those. Make sure you check out your supplier(s).

In the past people have given that item to the FDA for testing and have found really harmful chemicals inside. In the end, it did not look well for the buyer(s) of the item. So just be careful, is all I am saying.
Old 09-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Woah, are we talking like diet stuff?
Old 09-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

No, no diet stuff. The OP stats the buyer had question about harming her dog. And OP put he/she discards the boxes.
Old 09-17-2012

Longevity: 72%

eBay is pro-buyer, not pro-seller. In the end, seasoned buyers know this, and some exploit it.

I wouldn't be surprised if your "buyer" is actually a competitor trying to get you bumped off of eBay for selling lower priced products.
Old 09-18-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I'm not sure what the PP is thinking I sell? I don't want to say exactly in case eBay is a visitor here. But it's just a joint health supplement.

Since I coupon on a large scale, I'm able to sell my extra's to help make ends meet. I normally use other avenues to sell from my stockpile. But since my inventory is being moved around, gone thru, occasionally a kid climbing my boxes lol, or even heavier items being bags with small boxed items while shopping, boxes get dinged or a little smashed in.

I really did not think it was a big deal to throw the boxes out. The product looked nicer for one thing and fit in my shipping envelopes that way also. Even if the boxes were not dinged up and I shipped in an envelope, they would be well smashed by the PO, by the time the buyer got the item anyways. Or I could send in a box which would have put the weight high enough that I would have had to pay priority on a free shipping auction. Not worth it for my price point of the item sold.

Old 09-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Nothing you can do, except be over-friendly with this buyer. Let them know when you pack it, let them know when you ship it, make sure you always stay in communication and let them know if there's any problem that they should contact you. When you see it's delivered, contact them and ask if everything is okay.

I had a seller like that who left about 18 negatives out of 20 items he bought. I shipped the item to him anyways and did as I wrote above and he ended up giving me a 5 star positive. Not saying this will happen in your case, I can't guarantee that, but if you don't ship it you will 99.999% end up with a negative anyways, so may as well give it a try. Just be sure to ship it with proof of delivery.