No PayPal needed...?!?!? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-17-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default No PayPal needed...?!?!?

Need a bit of spoon feeding guys...

Nobody can deny eBay's immense traffic...so need to use it as a means to an end. However, I'm totally fed up with PayPal (who aint?!?!?)

So...when you open a new seller account 'sometimes' you have to add PayPal and 'sometimes' you don't. The sellers limit is like £500 in uk without PayPal.

Every single item I've ever opened a new account tried to sell (even items I've considered not high risk) have prompted the "please add a verified PayPal" message. Now if you are 'allowed' to sell up to £500 without PayPal then I'm guessing there are items that are considered low enough risk to enable this?

I've just got hit hard by PayPal's sh it, so I'm looking at totally revamping my whole business model to avoid having to use their system again.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

Old 10-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Difficult to avoid paypal in the UK if selling on ebay. Dont really think this is feasible but good luck all the same.
Old 10-17-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytman View Post
I've just got hit hard by PayPal's sh it, so I'm looking at totally revamping my whole business model to avoid having to use their system again.
Then eBay UK cannot be in your business model whatsoever.
Old 10-17-2012
Threadstarter  

eBay's T&C's state clearly that you can sell up to £500 before 'having' to add a verified PayPal.

I deal in a wide variety of items. If I knew what items would not trigger the 'you need to add a verified paypal' message then I would sell those on an unlimited number of eBay selling accounts.

For example, if £20 sim cards did not trigger the verified PayPal message then I could sell up to £500 before having to add a verified PayPal. I'd create 10-20 eBay's in a few hours and then I would have a 'potential' of £5,000 - £10,000 worth of sales without the need for a verified PayPal.

I was just wondering if any of you guys had any experience of selling without a verified PayPal and then I would source the goods.

I have no problem taking a few buyer payments to unverified PayPals - because again you can reach a certain level before they ask for docs. Once the £500 eBay sales reached then I would toss the eBay and cash out the unverified PayPal with matching details.
Old 10-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you must add paypal, but in theory you can add a non-verified paypal and sell to £650 mark...others here have done it, I have talked to them, I tried as an experiment and gave up....did not work for me
Old 10-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
you must add paypal, but in theory you can add a non-verified paypal and sell to £650 mark...others here have done it, I have talked to them, I tried as an experiment and gave up....did not work for me
Cheers Umps. I forgot it was £650, not £500. Soooo...when you say it didn't work for you - do you mean that they immediately asked you for a verified PP? Because that's what is happening to me when I try and sell anything on a new account.

Any heads up what the people you spoke to were selling? Category wise?
Old 10-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes, got the add a verified pp message...reason I did not waste too much time on it was, cashing out an unverified acc could flag it, what are your plans to cash-out?

catagory, think if not mistaken one said clothing and accessories - what catagories did you try?

anyway hopefully someone who does it will add some more...
Old 10-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

I suppose you could try selling some cheap items and see what happens. Would be interested to know.
Old 10-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
yes, got the add a verified pp message...reason I did not waste too much time on it was, cashing out an unverified acc could flag it, what are your plans to cash-out?

catagory, think if not mistaken one said clothing and accessories - what catagories did you try?

anyway hopefully someone who does it will add some more...
I was planning to either buy Itunes vouchers as a cashout or other similar e-vouchers. They have worked well in the past and are sent via email - so unverified/unconfirmed address is not an issue for the seller...

The categories I've tried are games, collectibles and tickets (the tickets was just to confirm my suspicions that the message would pop up). I've also tried 'everything else' category. I'll keep on at it and let you know )
oompaloompa (10-17-2012), sax4 (10-17-2012), SUVE (10-17-2012)
Old 10-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
I suppose you could try selling some cheap items and see what happens. Would be interested to know.
It seems that there may be a discrepancy on the threshold of what is deemed as cheap.

If I list a gold sovereign at 99p starting bid then it will likely reach £260-£280 at the end of the bids. The bots know this I guess.

So when doing low value it may be a Buy It Now only option...
Old 10-17-2012

Longevity: 80%

If your going to go down the low value route, I don't get how you can sustain it with the 10 items per month selling allowance for unverified accounts?

I'd suggest that the time and effort you'll be putting in would be much better spent on 4-5 accounts that'll last.
Old 10-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

I was referring to selling low value BIN items rather than an IPhone with 99p start .

Yes vouchers are a great way to cash out, you can find them for sale in various internet forums. You can also buy stuff from forums, pay with PP gift, and get delivered. With so many websites accepting PP these days there is a plethora of options. For example, I have one account that I use to pay for my hosting services.

I mean trying an account to see if they let cash out ok. Try a few accounts with different items and prices and see what happens. Then of course report your findings here
mattytman (10-17-2012)
Old 10-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Try using Skrilla
Old 10-18-2012

Longevity: 69%

matty i know what your planning to do and I've thought about it myself recently, id love to hear how it goes.
Old 10-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Try using Skrilla
What does this beast do????
Old 10-18-2012

Longevity: 84%

Quote:

I was just wondering if any of you guys had any experience of selling without a verified PayPal
there is one member on here who swears by it, and with great success by all accounts
Old 10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too View Post
there is one member on here who swears by it, and with great success by all accounts
im a bit confused on the withdrawing the cash.. what ways are there to withdraw it.
i know sending it to a verified paypal with a bank attached you could do that but sending a lot of cash to the same verified paypal from a lot of unverified paypals is a bit 'hmmm'

Last edited by Batman; 10-18-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taj View Post
im a bit confused on the withdrawing the cash.. i know sending it to a verified paypal with a bank attached you could do that but sending a lot of cash to the same verified paypal from a lot of unverified paypals is a bit 'hmmm'
There is a limit of £650 on an eBay sellers account without a verified PayPal. So it would be masses of cash. I don't like sending to a verified from a non verified because it has no future - they'll be linked within two/three transfers for sure. You can cash out buying 'e-goods' such as vouchers etc. They get sent via email and are easy to sell on other sales sites.

Failing that you can 'buy' something off an eBay member (or elsewhere) and send them the payment as 'person payment owed' or 'gift' etc. They pay no fees then and can post wherever you like

I had £60 spare in PayPal last week. I bought a £50 note from an eBay seller and sent him the £60 via personal payment. Lol. I had the £50 two days later and no risk with transfers etc...

The difference between this eBay game and Gary Linekar? We have to play most of our stuff 'outside the box'

Last edited by mattytman; 10-18-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you can nudge the pirate my way I'll grease your palm with silver me matey?
Old 10-18-2012

Quote:
Failing that you can 'buy' something off an eBay member (or elsewhere) and send them the payment as 'person payment owed' or 'gift' etc. They pay no fees then and can post wherever you like
so technically you mean 'buying' off one of your other acc's. if so then payment transaction has to be through ebay and if you do it from paypal as gift then its the same as sending the cash from unverified to verified.

sorry for the confusion lol
Old 10-18-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Coul you be referring to me?
Old 10-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taj View Post
so technically you mean 'buying' off one of your other acc's. if so then payment transaction has to be through ebay and if you do it from paypal as gift then its the same as sending the cash from unverified to verified.

sorry for the confusion lol
No bud. I mean buying from someone else. Let's say you sold £210 on your eBay account and took the payment into your unverified PayPal account. After listing fees and PayPal fees lets says your left with £200 in your unverified account.

You can now go to a seller on eBay (preferably with 50+ decent feedback over time), but an Itunes or similar e-voucher worth £200 (usually 4 x £50) and ask them if they don't mind you paying via 'personal payment owed' or 'gift' so that you can have it delivered to a different address (say it's a surprise gift etc). Some will say no, so cancel transaction with apologies - no biggie.

Most will say yes and will give you their PayPal address because this way they don't get ANY fees. They then post to your email or post your voucher wherever you prefer...everyone's a winner as Del Boy says

You can then trade it, use it, whatever. Most vouchers sell for around 95-98% of their worth anyways. Gone in minutes on the right website, or even on your verified eB/PP (but then the money will be back in PayPal but at least you know it's fairly 'safe').
sax4 (10-19-2012)