Small accomplishment & question. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Small accomplishment & question.

So after waiting my time without calling ebay, I got a bump to 30/1500 Thought it would never happen, but it did...finally! I am maxing out my number early this month so hopefully I'll get another lil increase in Dec.

On a side note, now that I finally have funds to print labels, I'm a little nervous. When I check tracking it say's accepted at 'A town' post office when my addy is listed as 'B town'

Is ebay weird about packages being shipped from one town when you say you live in another?

Also, the girl at the counter was not super happy about them shipping the pre paid packages at their PO. Something about the PO listed on the label is the one who gets credit when their PO is actually doing the work. Does anyone know how that works? Is it against policy to ship at the PO that is not on the label?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Is ebay weird about packages being shipped from one town when you say you live in another?

No, people live in town A then work in town B. It doesnt matter where you ship it from. Many places operate in other countries and have a different addy on file.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
afarmington (11-03-2012)
Old 11-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post

No, people live in town A then work in town B. It doesnt matter where you ship it from. Many places operate in other countries and have a different addy on file.
True that, true that...I live in Town A and Ship in Town D all the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
afarmington (11-03-2012)
Old 11-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Does anyone happen to know the PO rules as far as the label goes? If I have to, I'll drive to the further one but would really rather not to.
Old 11-03-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post

That was going to be my answer if it ever came up. Of course hoping it never would come up lol
Old 11-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

quote:

I have down this all the time - no issues as long as the customer gets the item.

quote:

Also, the girl at the counter was not super happy about them shipping the pre paid packages at their PO. Something about the PO listed on the label is the one who gets credit when their PO is actually doing the work. Does anyone know how that works? Is it against policy to ship at the PO that is not on the label?

Does anyone know how that works? Yes the postal office - ask her to clarify or get keep her nose out of your business
Old 11-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by afarmington View Post
That does not make an ounce of sense. If your business address is on the label, does your business address get credit for shipping the package rather then the Post Office.

I'll tell you what the girl was saying. If you have Town A listed as your ship from address when you are shipping from Town B, the online postage system may not have calculated the right amount of postage for your prepaid label. A difference of a mile or two can be the difference of a few cents. The USPS is petty about their couple of pennies.

The solution to this is you can change the ship-from zipcode and keep it separate from your return address on the postage label.

Last edited by Futuremogul888; 11-04-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I think was she was trying to say is that when you ship online, using one towns PO as the ship from, but drop it at another PO, the first one gets credit, while the second one is actually doing the work. I don't know if she meant fund wise or what. She made a comment, I didn't want to question it or stir the pot since I'm stealth and didn't care to answer any questions or her look into it even further.

She made no point about the distance, or me not paying the correct amount. But since you brought that up, I can see that possibly being a valid issue.

Saturday I had some hand written packages and tried to pay with a credit card in my husbands name, since my accounts were depleted. She said I can not use it to pay since it wasn't my card. She said no place is supposed to accept a credit card, signed or not, ID or not if it's not your card. Funny thing is most of the time, my husband runs the packages up with MY CARD and she hasn't said boo about that. Course I didn't think of that till after I left lol.

Its clear I just need to stop using that PO all together and go to the next closest one. Or just have hubby go. When I asked for Tyvecks, I got 4. He asked and got a whole stack lol. He claims it must be his good looks and charm....I claim she is hard up

But all that aside, I got another increase already! Last time I checked, I got gotten a raise to 30/1500. Decided to try and max out my 30 (although not the 1500), but still had around 8-10 more to hit my new limit. Was busy on my other new account listing things, came back to this one today and its now 100/5000! I thought they waited till the 28th or the first of the month. This was done in the last couple days though.

My DSRs are all 4.91 now, except shipping price is 5 since I do a lot of free shipping. Sell low risk items, ship very fast with tracking added. Funds also being released very quick.

Second and third accounts are still 10/1000, with paypal holding money. But I'm continuing to nurture those to increase limits and have as back ups. Thought about trying for a fourth account but I'm not very big seller like a lot of peeps on here are. If I had only one account that was 100/5000, it prolly still would barely max it. At least after I get caught up with everything I have now.
Old 11-05-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
That does not make an ounce of sense. If your business address is on the label, does your business address get credit for shipping the package rather then the Post Office.

I'll tell you what the girl was saying. If you have Town A listed as your ship from address when you are shipping from Town B, the online postage system may not have calculated the right amount of postage for your prepaid label. A difference of a mile or two can be the difference of a few cents. The USPS is petty about their couple of pennies.

The solution to this is you can change the ship-from zipcode and keep it separate from your return address on the postage label.
Thank you for the tip! Is this something I would find on paypal shipping then?
Old 11-05-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

This might explain it better than I can.

http://http://answercenter.ebay.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1000323821&rw=true&anticache= 1352167899493

http://http://answercenter.ebay.com/question/Miscellaneous/Shipping-Zip-Code/1000284380

I hope the links work.