new 30 days category limits?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-18-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default new 30 days category limits??

It has been 30 days since I reached the 30 days category limits (10/16) however when I logged in and tried to list new auctions, it still shows the 30 days category limits message. If i remember correctly the category limits message used to tell you how many days remaining until you can list in the same category again but its not there anymore.

Anyone has the same issue? 10 of my stealth accounts have this problem
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2012

Longevity: 90%

There is a way to avoid category limit even if it has already been out in place. Time to experiment my friend.
Old 11-18-2012

Lisa I would advice against sharing secrets with others eventually we will all suffer because ebay is going to fix their exploit. You can't allow people find out ways around.
Old 11-19-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Stanislav, so what is the purpose of this forum then?? Confused..
Old 11-19-2012

Longevity: 92%

Stanislav -- who made you commander and chief all of a sudden? Jees man.

I see a lot of your posts that are totally useless. Someone wants to know something and you say "i know it's possible, I do it, ... not telling you though ". Best off saying nothing.

At the start of this thread you said "There is a way to avoid category limit even if it has already been out in place. Time to experiment my friend."

So you won't tell him because you've worked so super hard to be able to do this. Fair enough, tad Hitler, but fine. So he experiments and finds the way. Now how are you any better off having not told him? He's another person who will then do this. Based on what you're saying below you actually don't want him to find out the way - so wishing him luck in his experimenting is a tad pointless.

If you have gained ANY knowledge from this site then you have duty to give something back. It's what stealth is all about. Helping honest folk sell again on eBay.

"Pull the ladder up Jack and sod the rest" is not something that we do here.

I'll tell you something that I think you're missing. EBay has how many MILLIONS of customers/users? If I told everyone on this site (through PM) that I had found a way of avoiding listing fees, or some other bizarre method...and then everyone on this site started to implement that method...eBay would not automatically change their user policy. Why? Because it would be less than 0.0001% of users doing it.

Think bigger. If it were a size comparison then this forum would be smaller than a pimple on the small toe of eBay's 60 yard long foot.

Not saying it's useless. I'm 99% sure I would be homeless without this site. But think about the size of eBay before assuming that they will change or modify their user agreement based on what they read on this site.

I know for a fact that new sellers can and do list Vero items that take say 4 weeks for delivery. After the 21 day hold the seller withdraws the money and disappears. If the buyer raises a dispute they get a refund from PayPal and then that PayPal account is minus a few hundred quid and PP foot the bill.

They haven't stopped new sellers selling such items. According to you they would. They haven't because the vast majority of sellers are genuine. So to say that there is no point in updating Stealth is ludicrous...the vast majority of the old stealth still works fine...despite all the undercover secret agents you think are on here.

Bottom line here is that if people felt like you then site wouldn't exist and I doubt you would be selling on eBay.

I read one of your passages stating you only have one eBay account. Here's hoping it doesn't go belly up and you end up needing some serious quick help to feed your family or pay the mortgage...

I hope there's a God up there...but I believe in Aspkin more

Last edited by TGMT²; 11-19-2012 at 08:11 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mattytman For This Useful Post:
aspkin (12-02-2012), infinitelyannoyed (11-20-2012), madmuppet303 (11-27-2012), NGALO1983 (11-25-2012)
Old 11-19-2012

Longevity: 81%

Stanislav close the door on your way out haha

Just kidding. But i do think that your attitude is pretty poor on this matter though to be fair.

You've learnt many things on this forum and i imagine some stuff via direct help from certain members. I know i have. It cant all be one way traffic man you have to give some back.

Last edited by arshavin; 11-19-2012 at 08:16 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arshavin For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (11-27-2012), mattytman (11-20-2012), NGALO1983 (11-25-2012)
Old 11-20-2012

The way I go around category limits is to have multiple accounts. My category limits are due to certain keywords that trigger limits. However, one way I see others use is to appear in the results when that certain keyword is used. BUT they don't have that keyword in their title.

So you search for "Microsoft Office 2010", you see their listing EVEN THO, their title says something like "Office Suite 2010 for Windows."

We've discussed this here but there was never a real conclusion:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/executi...ing-title.html

Another way around it is to separate your main keyword. For example "Micro Soft", instead of "Microsoft." I've noticed however, this only works with ebay.com, not on other international sites.

Also note, ebay Austrialia has NO category limits. You can use all the Vero keywords you like. However, they do have quantity limits. If you make fixed price listing with 25 LV hand bags, they will show a warning. I think the max quantity is 9.

ebay UK allows you to post vero keywords, but after you relist, they have a gigantic warning saying that "We are going to review your listing. If it is f@ke, you will be suspended. Are you sure you want to list?"

Last edited by 411guru; 11-20-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-20-2012

I do not believe that you can avoid category limit using different title. Category limit is usually placed in high risk categories where a lot of fraud has been committed. You could have '1' as your title in this category and still have the limit until you prove eBay bots that you are not a threat to ebay's valuable community.
Old 11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
I do not believe that you can avoid category limit using different title. Category limit is usually placed in high risk categories where a lot of fraud has been committed. You could have '1' as your title in this category and still have the limit until you prove eBay bots that you are not a threat to ebay's valuable community.
Well what I've noticed is that I can sell Microsoft stuff until maybe 10 items, the category limit hits. Then I have to wait 30 days. But if I do Micro Soft, I avoid the category limit AND the listing is still searchable if you type microsoft. But this only works on ebay.com and not international sites as they consider that 2 separate words.
The Following User Says Thank You to 411guru For This Useful Post:
stanislav (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411guru View Post
Well what I've noticed is that I can sell Microsoft stuff until maybe 10 items, the category limit hits. Then I have to wait 30 days. But if I do Micro Soft, I avoid the category limit AND the listing is still searchable if you type microsoft. But this only works on ebay.com and not international sites as they consider that 2 separate words.
Very interesting. I will try it out.
Old 11-20-2012

Ok 411guru,

I just tried what you did and it did not work. I changed my title to '1'. And I still get the 30 day category limit. Which bring to my initial claim that it doesn't matter what title do you use but it does matter how many sales have you had in this category.
Old 11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
Ok 411guru,

I just tried what you did and it did not work. I changed my title to '1'. And I still get the 30 day category limit. Which bring to my initial claim that it doesn't matter what title do you use but it does matter how many sales have you had in this category.
Are you listing in Canada or US? This should work only for US.
Old 11-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

The category limit workaround mentioned above doesn't work anymore on eBay. I tried it a few days ago and was hit with an account-wide selling limit of the same number that my category limit is a few hours after trying the workaround. Be careful!
Old 11-25-2012

Longevity: 69%

So Stan...You going to shed light on your workarounds??
Old 11-25-2012

No I will not I hope no one else does. It for YOU to find out. In fact I found even a better way workaround a few days ago. Virtually no way for ebay bots to detect you are selling vero unless someone is reporting you manually. ebay is a crooked cooperation and the only way to beat it is to be 10 time more. This is my philosophy. You fight fire with fire otherwise they laugh in your face. But when they suffer as the consequence please remind them, they did it to themselves.
Old 12-13-2012

Longevity: 75%

It's really funny how stupid eBay really are and how they learn so much from this forum. "The trick" worked for more than an year and suddenly last month it stopped working. And what do you know? I go on aspkin forums and people apparently started talking about it right before it got fixed...

Reminds me the story of the selling limit trick. And also I remember what the eBay employee was saying about how their staff was shown a certain site at training for lols. Anyone else still remember these things?

Last edited by stepia2; 12-13-2012 at 05:31 AM.