Passive income ideas? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-09-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%

Don't forget the termites.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2013

Longevity: 67%

Change your mindset brother. All I see is nightmares and work in your plan.

I've owned several businesses in my lifetime. When you deal with the public (like Ebay and Yelp) reviews, life can be a biatch.

Employees suck, city officials suck, taxes suck, insurance sucks, lawsuits suck, etc...

It is very, very hard running a business today. Most mom & pop companies today are not making any money or losing money running their business.

Many are tapping into Home Equity, 401ks, life ins cash value, savings, etc... to keep afloat.

Just drive by all those small strip-type retail stores and look at how many are vacant, out of business, or barely surviving. It's appaling what's happening today.

With all the Govt red tape today it is brutal to survive today. When Al Gore invented the internet he changed the way business is done forever. Now add in the big box stores, aka WalMart and it's game over.

That's why most people THINK they have a business when in fact all they have is a JOB. If you have to work in your business to make money then you don't have a REAL business.

A real business is one that creates money whether you are working in it or not. Can you leave the business for 6 months and make the same or more money?

Most small businesses FAIL if the owner get's sick, becomes disabled, divorced, and of course dies.

As a Small Business Consultant myself I speak with 100's of business owners. 95%+ will tell you it's a daily grind and getting harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
PUT IT ALL ON RED!!! JUST KIDDING!

Don't believe those website things! If they earn so much why would they sell it etc.

First there are 3 things I can advice you to do. 1 requires only $5k the other only $1 to $5.

Either way you go, you'll make money!

First off is you can't buy a diploma FAST enough to get a job ASAP too be 100% sure you'll get a job!

The only one I would say is pay $5k to get a CDL in trucking, and earn $3k to $5k per month! Pay your taxes, food etc. Save up $10k again within a few short months and find a good company to give you a good contract with lots of miles once you know the business and are ready. With $10k you can get a new semi truck with 10% down then you'll earn $8k to $12k per month! After you save up more money you can get a 2nd truck and hire drivers earning $4k to $6k per truck on a month off their backs so you'll be way over $12k per month now! This is doable within 6 months! You can get 3 trucks within 9 months and be close to retiring with $15k to $22k per month! Once in a while you'll have to jump and drive those trucks but who cares you'll be making $150k+ per year!

2nd thing is go to the dollar store and sell stuff online, for more then 400% to 2000% profits until you can figure out what you really want to do in life or save up more money!

3rd you can get a 1 ton cargo van, and sign up and do transporation earning $1.5k to $2k per week also! I wanted to do this in 2005, and a friend of mine his dad does it.

Or get a regular job, sell part time online till you figure out something to do.

Or you can do what I did with $2.5k and turned it into $12.5k in 12 months. You need lots of research and brains.

Last edited by Roscoe; 02-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
jamblix (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Several people who posted in this thread, forgot that the OP said he had 10K to invest and he was looking for passive income.

Op, it takes money to make money and 10K just won't really get you there. Stick with your successful ebay business and stack your chips.

When you have saved up at least 30K, you can get a decent rental property but if you want to go a better route save up at least 120K and you can get a decent franchise.

Good Franchise + Good Staff + Good Location = guaranteed success

Once you have one successful business, you can use the profits to make more money and then sky is the limit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futuremogul888 For This Useful Post:
bruceuk (02-09-2013), jamblix (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Change your mindset brother. All I see is nightmares and work in your plan.

I've owned several businesses in my lifetime. When you deal with the public (like Ebay and Yelp) reviews, life can be a biatch.

Employees suck, city officials suck, taxes suck, insurance sucks, lawsuits suck, etc...

It is very, very hard running a business today. Most mom & pop companies today are not making any money or losing money running their business.

Many are tapping into Home Equity, 401ks, life ins cash value, savings, etc... to keep afloat.

Just drive by all those small strip-type retail stores and look at how many are vacant, out of business, or barely surviving. It's appaling what's happening today.

With all the Govt red tape today it is brutal to survive today. When Al Gore invented the internet he changed the way business is done forever. Now add in the big box stores, aka WalMart and it's game over.

That's why most people THINK they have a business when in fact all they have is a JOB. If you have to work in your business to make money then you don't have a REAL business.

A real business is one that creates money whether you are working in it or not. Can you leave the business for 6 months and make the same or more money?

Most small businesses FAIL if the owner get's sick, becomes disabled, divorced, and of course dies.

As a Small Business Consultant myself I speak with 100's of business owners. 95%+ will tell you it's a daily grind and getting harder.
I was waiting too see what you would say! ~

My plan is not all ebay either. :P

I won't change man! EVER! I got a friend who took up on my trucking advice his on his 2nd one already!

I know life is hard for most, but no matter what the economy is like, there WILL ALWAYS BE A WAY TO MAKE MONEY! Those tapping into their home Equity, 401ks, etc probably took the wrong path in life. If they were a Dr. or a Lawyer for DUI's do you think they would still need to tap that? Naw.

Look a real business or not, has it's own definition for me, you, or anyone else. Too you it's making money regardless working or not. In trucking if you got trucks with a company and are a owner operator, you hire a guy and the company tells them WHERE TO DRIVE! They are renting your truck and paying you for it as a service! There are people who I have met who owned a few trucks, 10 trucks, 80, 150, and some with 1,500 large companies. That one guy with 1500 stresses more then anything but makes over $1k per truck per week! The other guys from 2 to 80 trucks they just sign up put the truck there hire a driver and so on. You sure work for it at the start, but once I got 1, you are having a easier life, when you got 2, you've made it! There will always be stuff that needs to be shipped! We've done everything from, Harry Potter books US TO Toronto, toilettes to a Prison, metal soup cans, Campbells' soup Ohio to Toronto, I did Coca Cola plastic bottles from the same location to Toronto! I did a lot of moving around, tooth brushes full truck load! I had people call me daily cause I offered the cheapest price! The best service (shipping same day), and they loved it! One guy called me up, saying he lost a 1.5 million dollar shipping contract cause his company could not beat the other guys prices by $13!!!!! So they lost 1.5 million cause of $13! Real business or not, it's still generating money! You on the other hand, want to sit home like 99.99% of the world, and have someone do your drop shipping. Doesn't always work out that great unless you own a company and are busy to pay the person to ship it. I pay my friend $1 per shipping, and if he has to sign it for Canada or the rest of the world I give him $1 Extra so he gets $2. And my buy 2 get 3rd free = $3 + $1 for international. He just packages it, ships it out 3 times a week! + I gave $5 for gas each time, even he doesn't have a car but I still do it cause he has a drop box by his house anyways. That's how I do it! You could hire someone to ship your products from your house if you really wanted too and pay for a tiny bit of gas or $5 or $10 each time they stand in line at the post office if they have too! Too me trucking is the best! I've been in it since 2003. I had a cousin who was in it for 15 years and didn't know crap about business! Once you got your trucks (3 is a good number) you sit home and you only have to cut checks for the drivers, and not have to worry about anything. I've met one guy who had 25 trucks and still enjoys driving! Yet he makes over $100k a month! He's been doing it for 20 years. I got to met a lot of people in the business, sure there is a down side! Don't deal with automtive! One of the guys who owned 150 trucks on credit, lost his contract due to economy and lost it all. 3 is a good number, pay 1 off, 2nd one off, live in a tiny place just to save up ASAP! If anything bad goes no worries they are paid off!

I was just in Canada over New Years and a lot of businesses in Windsor, were put out! EVen Hooters! But yet Mcds, BK! Tim hortons, always in the same locations making that money! You need to open the right type of business! You can't open a fashion store and stay in business in any kind of economy! You need a good one that stays in no matter what! Selling food, things people need daily!

Transport and prostitution are probably the oldest trade on the planet for 1000's of years! Prostitution was #1 SEX SALES! I got into transportation in 2003, after seeing that one rich family today has the health from 2,000 years ago that is still passed one from shipping done at the time! $2 billion only. Not so bad! There is enough money a year to be made, go stand on the highway in Detroit, and count how many trucks per minute passing by! I stick with what I know, I also have other trades I am into, diamonds. No matter what, people always buy it! If you don't sell today, big deal next year the price goes up by 2%. Rich are out there, people spend money regardless! Economy is bad but yet everyone got gifts on christmas right?

Tim hortons still sell coffee in the morning don't they? If it was that bad people would make it at home cheaper! So no matter what, there is always a way to make/earn money no matter how the economy is! IF NOT, YOU MAKE A WAY!!!! FIND A WAY!

I guess starting the truck thing I said on here is a JOB but after 9 months to 1 year it's a business cause I don't have to do anything anymore! Sit home and get $15k+ per month. AWESOME! Job or business you can earn more if you want.

So Steve Jobs, and Bill Gates had jobs? lol.

Show me one business, that the guy opens and does nothing as in "work/job" as you said, to earn a lot! Even owning a chain of mcds, or fast food joints is still a JOB, you have to make sure this and that and doing ads and visiting locations etc. Or just hire someone. Is it still a job? Not a business?

I want to hire my sisters kids to do my orders and have my friend doing my shipping once I am all set up! Then I don't have to do anything at all.

Once I got those trucks lined up after 2016 Jan. I don't have to worry about working cause I sleep till 10 and do as I please! I might still have to send a check every week or so. A lot of hard work you know? Getting a pen, signing it! Dropping it in a mail box! Oh man. FML! Too much work for $15k! Screw this! lol

Most businesses FAIL! Yeah they do. Mine didn't! I had 2 of them! I sold one to my cousin, took a month off break and started it up again. I wanted to bankrupt him like I did! He didn't know nothing about the business! He screwed me over and put his life in my hands so I only returend him the favor! An eye for an eye!

Yeah well you know those business man you deal with. Well how many are in trucking? How many sell diamonds? How many do what I do? How many do what you do? Or others on here do? It really depends. I can't tell the guy who made this thread how I can make $25 per day, it's not much, but still $750 per month. I mean if he can't figure it out, then more power too me or those who can think better on their feet! I can walk into a store, buy a product, resell it for more. I did this while in the US! Right now I can't do it from here cause ebay wants tracking numbers and France doesn't offer it etc.

I can walk into any business, and tell you if it will work or fail just by looking at it for 1 minute or less! I have a sister who has a caffee and I told her a few things to improve on and bam more money coming in!

And paying someone to drive is a good job $1,000 to $1300 per week.

Just so you know. I have a very different way of thinking, and I see things clearly, that some might not, well most won't see. But I do. My ways of thinking are really cool from what I am told.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
scotch (08-21-2014)
Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
Several people who posted in this thread, forgot that the OP said he had 10K to invest and he was looking for passive income.

Op, it takes money to make money and 10K just won't really get you there. Stick with your successful ebay business and stack your chips.

When you have saved up at least 30K, you can get a decent rental property but if you want to go a better route save up at least 120K and you can get a decent franchise.

Once you have one successful business, you can use the profits to make more money and then sky is the limit.
$10k will get you out there man. I only invested $2.5k on ebay, and got like $13.5k profits my first year! And the $25k in sales was great but half goes to fees, product, shipping, etc.

I always enjoy starting with very little money or nothing at all and making something BIG out of it! I don't believe in earning 10% on my return! That's crap!

He should do as you said, stick with his ebay stuff and stack up the chips until something better appears in the near future!

About the good franchise, good staff, and good location. I seen hooters going out of business! He should def get a mcds last time I checked years ago that's $500k down plus $100k in the bank plus more money.
Old 02-09-2013

$10,000.00 is $10,000.00 more than what you actually need.

I once had an idea but no money, zilch. I took my idea to a wealthy businessman I knew. I told him I wanted $200,000.00 for my info.

After my lawyer drew up docs, I showed him my plan.

60 days later I had 200k in my bank account. An idea, with NO money.

Quote:
$10k will get you out there man. I only invested $2.5k on ebay, and got like $13.5k profits my first year! And the $25k in sales was great but half goes to fees, product, shipping, etc.

I always enjoy starting with very little money or nothing at all and making something BIG out of it! I don't believe in earning 10% on my return! That's crap!

He should do as you said, stick with his ebay stuff and stack up the chips until something better appears in the near future!

About the good franchise, good staff, and good location. I seen hooters going out of business! He should def get a mcds last time I checked years ago that's $500k down plus $100k in the bank plus more money.
Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Quote:
$10,000.00 is $10,000.00 more than what you actually need.

I once had an idea but no money, zilch. I took my idea to a wealthy businessman I knew. I told him I wanted $200,000.00 for my info.

After my lawyer drew up docs, I showed him my plan.

60 days later I had 200k in my bank account. An idea, with NO money.
Very nice!

With $10k you can do a lot! Really depends on the person and how much they know about a lot of things!

I seen someone on fiverr making $7k and another one $10k a year. You know how much you really need to dot his? $300 to $450 MAX! And only takes 30 seconds of work!

I'd love to sell this idea too someone on how to earn but I don't think it's even worth it! You can do a lot of other things, to earn more. Up too the person if they have brains and can think on their feet, and see things.
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post

Agreed.
Op wants solid ideas .
Not the usual bullsh1t mix with these people and it will rub off.
None of these pep talks or crap speeches can be spent at the store.
Old 02-09-2013

Wise move..
Never upset GB
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceuk View Post
Agreed.
Op wants solid ideas .
Not the usual bullsh1t mix with these people and it will rub off.
None of these pep talks or crap speeches can be spent at the store.

I think there have been some very good ideas given here.

$10,000.00 is peanuts when trying to start a Brick & Mortar business. Capital startup for many businesses is 50k to 150k, plus you need to sign a 3 year lease, inventory, etc...

That's why you need to be creative, think outside the box.

90% of ALL businesses fail because they are Underfunded and have NO marketing plan.

I've spoken live to audiences of over 1,000 business owners and I can tell you they would all do it differently if they could go back in time.

90% of all business are no longer in business by the 5th year.
70% fail within the first 2 years.

Very few people realize what is needed to compete, especially in todays economy. Litigation, government crap, employee turnover, etc... are brutal.
Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Quote:
I think there have been some very good ideas given here.

$10,000.00 is peanuts when trying to start a Brick & Mortar business. Capital startup for many businesses is 50k to 150k, plus you need to sign a 3 year lease, inventory, etc...

That's why you need to be creative, think outside the box.

90% of ALL businesses fail because they are Underfunded and have NO marketing plan.

I've spoken live to audiences of over 1,000 business owners and I can tell you they would all do it differently if they could go back in time.

90% of all business are no longer in business by the 5th year.
70% fail within the first 2 years.

Very few people realize what is needed to compete, especially in todays economy. Litigation, government crap, employee turnover, etc... are brutal.
I'd love to go to one of these!

And not all businesses need $50k to $150k.

Depends what you do.
Old 02-09-2013

I agree 100%
Business advice is without doubt totally required by most .
What i dont agree with is the " mix with these people and you will have the same amount"
I have several businesses.
I consider myself doing ok .
But when i mix with the golf club idoits i bet they all have more cash than me.
Do i want to be like them ?
No
I will make my own way in this life .
Nothing is handed to me , i work for every penny and i started with nothing so everything is a bonus.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
I'd love to go to one of these!

And not all businesses need $50k to $150k.

Depends what you do.
For a typical retail location it can cost substantial money to start a business.

Look at how much it cost to open a crappy Subway shop: Subway Franchise Cost

Up to $300,000.00

Guess how much money a typical Subway owner makes per year?

Guess how many hours they work per week?

I know someone who owns 2 shops, I know his numbers.
Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Quote:
For a typical retail location it can cost substantial money to start a business.

Look at how much it cost to open a crappy Subway shop: Subway Franchise Cost

Up to $300,000.00

Guess how much money a typical Subway owner makes per year?

Guess how many hours they work per week?

I know someone who owns 2 shops, I know his numbers.
$300k lolllllllll I could get a machine worth $300k and earn $750k a year! And set it up any where in the world! That subway has to be stuck there, in that location!

I remember back in the day 2001 when I looked at subway they had 3 different prices. $65k or $85k for a small subway locatoin. It went up!

I like thinks I can pick up and go! He has to be in a contract for renting a location for 12 months or 24 months. Screw that!

Subway I wouldn't even look at!
Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Thread starter you can start a Lawn Service, but I am sure you don't want to stop the full time job you got to do this.

Go to stores, see what kind of products are out there, light to ship, tons of competition, and easy to get, and make tons of sales! Then go for it!
Old 02-09-2013

You 2 really need to get a room ....
The Following User Says Thank You to bruceuk For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
$300k lolllllllll I could get a machine worth $300k and earn $750k a year! And set it up any where in the world! That subway has to be stuck there, in that location!

I remember back in the day 2001 when I looked at subway they had 3 different prices. $65k or $85k for a small subway locatoin. It went up!

I like thinks I can pick up and go! He has to be in a contract for renting a location for 12 months or 24 months. Screw that!

Subway I wouldn't even look at!
Did you know the average Owner of a Subway makes $40,000 per year, and that's working 60-80 hours per week making subs.

A few can make $80,000.00

Subway Franchise Cost

You have to wait one year to start a Subway, lol. For what?

(62) sub lady says:

I currently own a subway franchise, and the reason for neding so much cash up front is that 25,000 would barely get you through 1 month of operating expenses, and then you need all the equipment and franchise fee and expenses to travel for training and etc. You can get a loan for a lot of this, but I would say $30,000 is BARE minimum of casho n hand you will need if you take over an exhiting location. If you open a new location, it will me much, much more. Hope this helps. Oh and BTW, a location like ours brings in about $450,000 a year. Take home is about $40,000.

(76) Bob says:

This is one of the worst franchises of all time, I own one. It’s almost like a Quiznos. Don’t believe Entrepreneur Magazine. The franchises are control by private development agents who have the power to kick you out if they don’t like you, and you don’t have any recourse but arbitration. These agents are like mafia men, they are rich and control everything, anything you do or say that’s out of the norm, can be used against you in your monthly evaluations done by the agent’s employee aka Field Consultant. They even dictate how much you can sell your franchise for, so all in all, you have no rights and a prisoner of their system.
Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Quote:
You 2 really need to get a room ....
LOL

Honestly Bruce, on this whole site. I enjoy talking too him the MOST! I really do! I have met a lot of people and business men in my life! But none like him! His i that very RARE kind, in a very good way.

I'd love to play chess with him some day! I can always get all your players out, never lose one, but never put you in check!
scotch (08-22-2014)
Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Quote:
Did you know the average Owner of a Subway makes $40,000 per year, and that's working 60-80 hours per week making subs.

A few can make $80,000.00

Subway Franchise Cost

You have to wait one year to start a Subway, lol. For what?

(62) sub lady says:

I currently own a subway franchise, and the reason for neding so much cash up front is that 25,000 would barely get you through 1 month of operating expenses, and then you need all the equipment and franchise fee and expenses to travel for training and etc. You can get a loan for a lot of this, but I would say $30,000 is BARE minimum of casho n hand you will need if you take over an exhiting location. If you open a new location, it will me much, much more. Hope this helps. Oh and BTW, a location like ours brings in about $450,000 a year. Take home is about $40,000.

(76) Bob says:

This is one of the worst franchises of all time, I own one. It’s almost like a Quiznos. Don’t believe Entrepreneur Magazine. The franchises are control by private development agents who have the power to kick you out if they don’t like you, and you don’t have any recourse but arbitration. These agents are like mafia men, they are rich and control everything, anything you do or say that’s out of the norm, can be used against you in your monthly evaluations done by the agent’s employee aka Field Consultant. They even dictate how much you can sell your franchise for, so all in all, you have no rights and a prisoner of their system.
Thank god I said screw subway! A Tim Hortons would be a lot better or a Mcds on, $4k per day profits!

Peanuts! $80k to make $40k what a waste!!!! You can honestly retire with $30k in life if you know how to do it! Opening the right business!

If you going to buy a subway buy a gun & and just end it there!

Yeah you need to travel for the trainning I remember that one from years ago. All that for $40k! WHAT A JOKE!

At least mcds helps you find a location and invests time to find the correct amount of Traffic or else they won't let you get a location there! And they are the top due to real estate location in the world! And they are very good at marketing their products! THE BEST!

Apple got lucky with iphones, ipads, ipods, etc.

I am sure if I made one for a cheaper price that was good, I would take their business away from customers. Supply + demand + better pricing = Billions in that market.

#76 outch!
scotch (08-22-2014)
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
LOL

Honestly Bruce, on this whole site. I enjoy talking too him the MOST! I really do! I have met a lot of people and business men in my life! But none like him! His i that very RARE kind, in a very good way.

I'd love to play chess with him some day! I can always get all your players out, never lose one, but never put you in check!
Im glad he influences you in such ways .
There is several members posts i read on a daily basis and old roscs is one of them .
There is also lots i dont read as i get tired of the same old same old.
But lets not forget roscoe could be some 16 year old skint arse kid .
This is a forum and no warranty is provided .
I believe what i can withdraw nothing more.
Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Quote:
Im glad he influences you in such ways .
There is several members posts i read on a daily basis and old roscs is one of them .
There is also lots i dont read as i get tired of the same old same old.
But lets not forget roscoe could be some 16 year old skint arse kid .
This is a forum and no warranty is provided .
I believe what i can withdraw nothing more.
I don't think his a 16 year old. I have read all his posts to learn more. And a few others on the site.
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
I don't think his a 16 year old. I have read all his posts to learn more. And a few others on the site.
I'd like to be 35 again, probably the best years of your life.

I keep hearing 60 is the new 40. Is that BS?