So nervous - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-01-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default So nervous

Okay, having received my "screw-you-we-don't-care-that-we-associated-your-account-with-some
-acct-about-which-you-have-no-info-because-it-isn't-one-of-your
-former-accounts-so-you-get-to-remain-suspended-indefinitely" letter from ebay. (hostile? me, hostile? Bitter AND hostile, not THAT is me), I have now
become a member of this forum and have just printed out my handy-dandy stealth guide.
And man am I nervous. I'm so afraid that I'm going to miss some important step and just royally screw myself. I'm taking deep cleansing breaths but may have to resort to Xanax to get through the whole process without hyperventilating.
So, just looking for some handholding, encouraging words. I'm especially interested in hearing from folks who have had great success with this guide and are up and operational with ebay now, having previously been suspended.
Thanks all, and thanks Mr. stealth guide writer, you may very well be my hero....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

I think we have all tried it a few times before we've gotten the hang of it. Simply create a new windows user account, and either change your IP address or use AOL browser. That should prevent any links to your old account as well as mask your location. Just keep doing that until you get the hang of it.

And, like Aspkin and so many others have recommended, if one of your eBay accounts gets suspended or one of your Paypal accounts gets limited, try to figure out why and write it down so it doesn't happen again.
Old 07-01-2008

Hi there

Yes that stealth guide is excellent reading

I would say go step by step and read all you can before going to the next ie 1st read up on setting up an ebay account

There are some mail threads on this forum which deal with this issue and others with setting up on paypal etc

Anyways we are all in this togther so if you have any questions plesae ask and Im sure they will be answered

Hope this helps
Noel
Old 07-01-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I can't get beyond trying to uninstall Turbo Lister. I swear, I've tried a half dozen times and it just won't go away. Now, I can't actually pull it up either, so it is like it is there but not there at the same time. So frustrating.
And the IP thing is a nightmare too. I have a dsl modem through a LinkSys router and my IP address has been the same for years. Nothing I've read so far on that IP thread has worked for changing the IP address.
I am confused on one thing about that. When I use that IPBurger.com thing I get one IP address, but when I to the ipconfig thing I get an entire diffrent ip address. Which is the one I'm trying to get changed?!
Old 07-01-2008

Hi there

As far as I know just create a new windows account and you should be ok re turno lister

Im going to wipe my machine later and start afresh just to be sure

Also ipconfig is definitive way of checking ip address as far as I know but a google search should tell all...

Noel
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

If you can't uninstall turbo lister than simply reformat the whole computer you know just to be safe. When newly creating windows users then create a main windows user and the other windows users for your ebay accounts.
Old 07-01-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hmmm, the last time I had someone out to work on my computers they did something to where I don't even sign into windows....it just comes straight up once I start up. I used to have to sign in and I guess I'll have to figure out how to change that back.
So it is necessary to have separate windows users for my new ebay accounts? Can't sign in just under the main windows admin user?
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

If you dont create new windows users then you will have to clear cookies everytike you login to your ebay account. It turns intona big pain so just create seperate windows users for each new ebay account.
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

If you just have one eBay account it's fine to have just one user. But for multiple eBay accounts, it's best to have separate user accounts. That'll keep your cookies clear of each other.

Also, if you have a router, doing ipconfig through command will show that ip address. The Ip address of the router, which is something like 192.168.0.101. Going to IPBurger.com will show your correct IP address.

To uninstall turbolister, go to the control panel, then 'add or remove programs'. Locate turbolister and uninstall.
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

Also, with AOL Browser, your IP is masked.
Old 07-01-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Of course I tried to uninstall the Turbo Lister that way....it didn't work. I can't access the program, but it is still showing up everywhere, desktop, when I got to Control Panel and pull up the Add/Remove programs...it is still there. Really weird. Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much for clarifying the IP thing. So I don't have to be concerned about the router IP changing, just the other one? If so, then I'm good to go on that issue. Whew!
Onward to PayPal...
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

Just make a new windows user ID. Even if Turbo Lister is still listed as a program on the new account, no user information should be on it since it is a new user account.

If you're concerned about IP, AOL Browser is the best way to go.
Old 07-02-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Okay, i'm clicking off these steps one by one. Got a new phone number, got a new bank account, got a new paypal account, now got a new ebay acct. Still need to get a reloadable cc, still need to get PP acct verified. Still need to open Auctiva Acct. I'm dumping all of my old pictures, not taking any chances with that.
BUT, still have these two questions: (1) If I'm using Mozilla Firefox as my browser and have it set to clean out all cookies each time I log out, do I still need some special cleaning software on my computer?
and (2) I figured out how to change the ip address everytime I check into ebay, but how the heck do I know which ip addresses were used with my suspended account? It would appear that my dynamic ip changes regularly, but I have not idea how often it was changing and what the ip addresses were when I was logged into ebay on my suspended acct. And if I don't know which ip addresses I've ever used then what is the point of keeping track of them other than for when I need a new acct? And if it appears that they are so freaking random then will it even matter if I'm just changing the ip every time I log in?
Old 07-03-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Progressing. Everything done, but getting that reloadable cc. And then I can try listing....ACK! Still can't get turbo lister to go away and that really concerns me because it is registered in my name. Opened up a new windows user too.
Just wanted to keep you guys up to date on my progress.....no one in my world gives a sh-- about this so you guys get to be my sounding board.
Aren't you special?
Old 07-04-2008
Administrator

Old 07-06-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

.....holding my breath.....I'm up.....i'm selling.....I'm not breathing.....
Old 07-06-2008
Administrator

Keep is slow and should do fine.
Old 07-07-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Red face

Just did three. And those three were completely different and unrelated to what the category I primarily sold in. I feel like an addict that kicked the habit only to slip back in.....and it feels so good to scratch that check-my-auction itch again.
I don't sell mass quantities of items, maybe run 10-20 auctions a week usually, and nothing that pings the VERO sting so i'm just really hoping that everything I've learned from here and from the stealth guide, and have applied, will keep me safe and up and running.
Any idea on when I can start breathing again? The vessels in my forehead are not very flattering to my overall image.....
Old 07-07-2008
Administrator

You seem like you're doing okay now... your items aren't VeRO so if you just take it easy you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 09-10-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default are you still breathing...and selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokebackebay View Post
Just did three. And those three were completely different and unrelated to what the category I primarily sold in. I feel like an addict that kicked the habit only to slip back in.....and it feels so good to scratch that check-my-auction itch again.
I don't sell mass quantities of items, maybe run 10-20 auctions a week usually, and nothing that pings the VERO sting so i'm just really hoping that everything I've learned from here and from the Stealth Guide, and have applied, will keep me safe and up and running.
Any idea on when I can start breathing again? The vessels in my forehead are not very flattering to my overall image.....

I just got up and running again a week ago. Have had 10 succcessful sales and have my first positive feedback. I am curious as to how you are doing at the 2 month point. No recent threads from you so I'm guessing you are fine. I had my first day of nervousness today...thus I paid to join this forum and am hoping for some reassurance and wisdom to avoid mistakes.

Have been reading for hours to make sure I don't ask any questions that have already been covered. Right now I am wondering if I am in trouble because I did not read anywhere to create a new windows user name before setting new accounts and e-mail. Will setting Forefox to delete cookies keep me safe?

More questions later. Thanks for being here.
Old 09-11-2008
Administrator

If you're just running one account yes, you'll be fine.
Old 09-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Just remember to keep track of your data....