Seller Account - CC Not Needed and other tips - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-01-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Seller Account - CC Not Needed and other tips

Be sure to read this carefully so you don't goof (I did once and it cost me my sellers account)

1. A credit card is no longer needed to create a seller account. When you start to create a seller account, the first thing ebay does is verify phone. It then asks you to select a payment method for your fees. You can select to pay via a verified paypal account which only requires a verified bank account. You can then start listing items, but, after you list 5-10 items, ebay will force you to verify your PP account again, this time by adding your PP account address in the add addresses section. You can then list as many items as you want. Be sure to use a throwaway checking account like ING so you don't get charged fees when ebay/paypal tries to collect your fees, or have money in the account if you want to pay your monthly fees. You never have to enter a credit card number in either ebay or paypal to sell.

2. READ CAREFULLY - The verified PP account used to create a seller account does not have to include the registered email address of the seller account. I create and verify the PP account with a throwaway email address not used on ebay at all. When you are listing ebay items, you must use your registered seller account email addy as the PP payment address. At the time you are listing items, your seller account email address does not have to be a registered PP email address. When the customer makes the PP payment, the PP funds will sit in cyberspace until you add the email address to a PP account. When I am ready to access the PP funds that have been accumulating, I add the email address to a DIFFERENT PP account. I do this because if ebay decides to limit the PP verified account, there is no money in that account to freeze. The second PP account is like a buffer account to dump the customer payments into. I then transfer all the funds in PP account 2 to a hopefully permanent PP account 3 that has the PP VCC tool enabled and I can then create a VCC to dump the money into my merchant account or an account such as www.upside.com and the money is gone and out of PP reach. You can dump all the "pending" payments into a PP account, transfer it, and get it out of PP in less than 5 minutes. Once you have "spent" the money with a PP VCC, PP cant touch that money anymore, they can't "recall" the funds like a bank account transfer can be recalled.

3. When you have done a dump of accumulated pending PP payments, I recommend that you go into your auctions and change the PP payment email address. While when creating a new listing you must use your registered seller account email address, the ebay system allows you to "change" the email address for payments. If you use automated tools to create and maintain your auctions, this should not be a problem. I change the email address for payments to protect against the PP account getting limited with funds in the account since the first payment email addy is now attached to a PP account.

WHEW !!!!! I hope people followed all of this..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

I thought ING is no longer accepted by ebay or paypal
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

ING Direct is a bank account that works for Paypal. Don't enter bank information on eBay.

And yes, there are ways to make ING Direct work for Paypal.

Zymo, I learned a few things today. That post is excellent.

I have a question though: If a customer sends payment to a paypal email address that doesn't exist, and then you add that email address to a Paypal account later on, you still get the funds? And does the eBay/Paypal 21 day hold still take place even though the account technically doesn't exist?

Also: How does this work with disputes? Can a customer dispute a transaction to an email address/paypal account that doesn't exist?

Last edited by Exeneva; 07-01-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2008

Longevity: 95%

I can see your idea

The link in your post does not work can you fix it.

I have a merchant account but do not know how to dump paypal funds into it.

I don't let money enter a paypal account so it can't get frozen

I link a different paypal email address and invoice through CCNOW.
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

Yeah, you can see my idea but all of your methods are not really answers to my questions.

I am seeking an experienced eBay user who can answer my questions. Someone who does use Paypal.

Last edited by Exeneva; 07-01-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Exeneva

Once you add the email address to an existing PP account, the funds will show up in that account. The email address is then linked to that PP account, however, ebay will not automatically see the link. The only linked PP account ebay will see is the PP account you used to verify the seller account. When I have dumped the PP funds into the second PP account, there has not been a 21 day hold on the account. To file a PP dispute, a customer files the dispute on the payment they sent you. PP directs the dispute to the account that actually received the funds (the second account).

What I have found is that ebay links the first PP account to the seller account so you cant reuse that account again or you will loose the seller account. A test showed that you can use the second PP account (he one you add the email addy to and dump the payments into) to verify a new seller account, in other words ebay does not link the second PP account but once you use that second PP account to verify it as a seller account you cant use it as a seller account again. Eventually PP accounts 1 and 2 in this scenario will be useless even if not limited as you cant reuse PP accounts on ebay. For PP account 3 with VCC capability using the plugin, I will never use that for ebay in any way, not even to dump payments into. I just use that account to receive transfers from my other PP accounts to get the money out of the paypal system.

ROND100 - If you verify a PP account with a credit card, you can activate the Paypal plugin which allows you to create VCC numbers at will. You can then use your merchant account to run a charge against a PP VCC which gets your money out of the PP system.
The Following User Says Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Cachufleta (02-04-2009)
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

Zymo, you are one of the most helpful members of this forum. The fact that you gave away this information for free is beyond me. I'm going to start bumping your reputation now.

Another question: What if you were to extract the funds, then remove that email address from the Paypal account? How would Paypal handle a dispute then?

Last edited by Exeneva; 07-01-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Exeneva

Glad I can help, donations always accepted

PP disputes or any other PP business is the responsibility of the account "owner" which is the primary email addy. PP sends all notices including disputes to the primary, so even if you remove the email addy the dispute is still active against the account. Funds in the account (also liabilities from disputes) are the property of the account, not the individual email addresses in the account.
The Following User Says Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
ebaybootedme (11-23-2008)
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

Zymo, have you discovered a way to add an ING Direct account without limitation? Every time I add one, I have to call Paypal and unlimit the account.
Old 07-01-2008
Threadstarter  

I need a new PP account so I just opened one and entered ING for verification. Its now been 3 minutes and still not limited. At what point do you get limited. I last tried this with ING around 2 weeks ago and had no problems.
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

When I try to add one it says "You currently cannot add a bank account at this time because your account access has been limited." I have to call them to lift the limitation every time.
Old 07-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Still not limited. It says it made the 2 deposits and waiting on verification. It was a brand new account with phony name, addy, etc.

I said bank name "ING Direct" type was savings.
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

Exact same thing with me. But for some odd reason, every new Paypal account I create immediately gets a limitation.
Old 07-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Try clearing cookies .. both types. I did that right before I created the new PP account. Gone for dinner. Good Luck !!!!
Old 07-01-2008
Banned

I'll clear every cookie right now. Thanks, and eat well!

Another question: Is CCleaner the best tool for cleaning all different types of cookies, including Flash?

Last edited by Exeneva; 07-01-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-01-2008

Longevity: 95%

Zymo:
Question-- How do you then ship the goods/ obtain clearance to ship?
i.e. if you do not claim the pyts for say 1 week--you hold all the orders?
Also--then, after you make the sweep-
then the pp acct#2 is dead? you then create another?
--I guess my concern would be the pyts that "appear" to be there--but then you have to go in and accept manually, or else the pyts that are e-checks.
THEN-- what about the Buyers who are very impatient?
You must then manually go into ebay and enter tracking?
Then--at what point do you enter the tracking into pp?
It all ounds safe-- I need to "digest it" piece by piece..
Aspkin will know for sure--
We had a post a few months back from someone using the pp sweep method--he never got back with results--how long it worked?
Pros/cons?

Thanks!
AND.. More power to ya--if it works!!!
Old 07-02-2008

Hi Zymo, when transfering money from pp account#2 to pp account#3 (with pp vcc), will it trigger paypal limitation if the funds is big? for exmaple, 2,000$, how much will be safe when transfering pp acc#2 to acc#3? thank you
Old 07-02-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Zymo:
Question-- How do you then ship the goods/ obtain clearance to ship?
i.e. if you do not claim the pyts for say 1 week--you hold all the orders?
Also--then, after you make the sweep-
then the pp acct#2 is dead? you then create another?
--I guess my concern would be the pyts that "appear" to be there--but then you have to go in and accept manually, or else the pyts that are e-checks.
THEN-- what about the Buyers who are very impatient?
You must then manually go into ebay and enter tracking?
Then--at what point do you enter the tracking into pp?
It all ounds safe-- I need to "digest it" piece by piece..
Aspkin will know for sure--
We had a post a few months back from someone using the pp sweep method--he never got back with results--how long it worked?
Pros/cons?

Thanks!
AND.. More power to ya--if it works!!!
I do my sweeps every 1 or 2 days. I never let them accumulate longer than that. I have several different PP account 2 that I use. I will use the same PP Account 2 once or twice a week. I never enter tracking info into PP unles there is a dispute. I use stamps.com to print postage.

There are 2 reasons I never let live auctions sweep into PP Account 1. First is that all auction $$$ that enter Account 1 gets a 21 day hold whether you sweep funds into it or whether the Account 1 email is the PP email addy in the auction. After a Userid on ebay becomes NARU, usually for Vero, you can never use PP Account 1 again as a PP Account 1 because it will get linked. Lately Ebay/Paypal have not been limiting PP Account 1 even after the Userid is NARU. I then "convert" PP Account 1 to a PP Account 2. As of this time, ebay is not linking a PP Account 2 so you can reuse it multiple times as a PP Account 2. The nice thing about this scheme, is that you can keep your PP payments in cyberspace and once you sweep the payments into PP Account 2 you can transfer the money to PP account 3 and get the $$$ out of the PP system in a matter of minutes.

As a clarification, when you sweep payments into Account 2, within 5 minutes of adding the email address into Account 2, All payments will automatically appear in the account without the 21 day hold.

Last edited by zymo; 07-02-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashioncode View Post
Hi Zymo, when transfering money from pp account#2 to pp account#3 (with pp vcc), will it trigger paypal limitation if the funds is big? for exmaple, 2,000$, how much will be safe when transfering pp acc#2 to acc#3? thank you
The largest sweep that I do is for around 500.00 as that is the limit on a single VCC transaction for funds in account 3. Account 3 can do a maximum of 1000.00 in VCC transactions in a single day. I always have PP Account 3 send a PP Money request to PP Account 2 then PP Account 2 pays the request and Account 3 then uses the VCC get the money out of the PP System. At this time I have 4-5 different PP Accounts I am usng as an PP Account 2 and 2 different PP Account 3.

Over the last 2 months, I have only had one PP Account 2 limited after a customer complaint. Of course there were no funds to be limited in the account. I have not had any PP Account 3 limitations. I did goof once and lost a PP Account 1 when I accidentally reused it to create a sleller account.

You need to be careful .. you can be juggling many PP Accounts so keep good notes.
Old 07-02-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

When I went to get my seller groove on I got deadended when I got to the phone number thing. I put in my new number, the one that forwards to my cell, and the call never came through. Tried it a couple of times. No go. Any thoughts on why that is happening? I know I can just go out and get a reloadable cc but I would rather just do the phone thing.
Old 07-02-2008

Longevity: 94%

Hi Zymo,
Thanks for the tip!

I'm still trying to figure this out though.

Ok so tell me if I have it right:

1. Create 2 different email addresses

2. Create a verified paypal account with one of the email addys

3. Create an eBay account using the email that is NOT connected to Paypal

ie. 1st email account: ebayregisteredemail@yahoo.com
2nd email account: paypalverifiedemail@yahoo.com

4. When going through the seller verification enter the verified paypal email NOT the email you used to register on eBay with.

5. When listing an item on eBay use the email you used to register with that is not linked to any paypal account.

6. After a few accumulated sales, add the unlinked email to a second paypal account. (QUESTION...does this paypal account have to be verified?)

7. After funds hit this second paypal account transfer to a third paypal account and pull funds out with VCC.
Old 07-02-2008
Banned

heather, assuming you managed cookies and IP well, then that's all there is to it.

It's recommended that the second paypal account be verified unless you want to be stuck with limits.

And when you pull funds out with VCC, you have to do it sparingly.