eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Is there anyway to get payment through Paypal that can't be reversed? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/57769-there-anyway-get-payment-through-paypal-cant-reversed.html)

gigabyt3r 03-13-2013 07:40 AM

Is there anyway to get payment through Paypal that can't be reversed?

I am wanting to sell a service by people sending me Paypal money (without going through ebay) I was wondering if there is anyway I can get paid via paypal where the buyer can't reverse the payment? If so how do I ask them to send it?

Thanks in advance

Johnson1 03-13-2013 08:00 AM

Not really, you could ask your customers to send as a gift but PayPal will catch on to this.

All you can do is provide a good service and then there should be no need for any of your customers to reverse a payment. Of course you will always have a little trouble with some customers, that's just they way business works.

boost 03-13-2013 10:44 AM

Anything can be reversed for any reason. Buyer opens a case, funds immediately frozen. Paypal can even reverse withdrawals right after they hit your bank account.

rsot 03-13-2013 03:49 PM

Seems sketch that you want to block buyers from reversing payments...thats a customer satisfaction issue - perhaps look at whatever you are doing that COULD instigate a reversal or claim.

Sandy D 03-13-2013 04:04 PM

Why would you want to block a buyer from reversing?

In 15+ years on ebay I have never had this happen one single time that I can remember.

MM78 03-13-2013 05:05 PM

The OP, said he wants to sell a service so I assume he has no product and therefor people can do a reversal since he can't provide any documentation he provided his services.

TheRevolver 03-14-2013 12:06 PM

Exactly what MM78 said. He's providing a service which may not require shipping. We all know that if we don't provide tracking we will most likely lose a case.

OP, the only way to keep a buyer from opening a case would be to accept payments as personal, which would be gift, payment owed, etc. However, although they can't open a case using gift, they can still do a charge back with their CC company if they paid with a CC. So, no matter what you do, you aren't safe, Id suggest either taking your chances with gift or have them pay as goods and ship something to their confirmed Paypal address with tracking, maybe a bill of sale or something similar, that way you'll be covered. You can also accept green dot moneypaks, which I've also heard can be disputed but I've never seen it happen.

For a few years I sold virtual items and accepted gift only, I never had even one issue the whole time, until one day about six months ago, a guy charged back a $300 transaction. I was devastated as I was always told that gift couldn't be disputed, I had no idea chargebacks even existed. I lost it because I couldn't provide tracking info as it was delivered digitally. I learned the hard way! He didn't do this only once, he did this three times within three days from different Paypals. One for $300, one for $100 and one for $45. I dealt with several random customers a day, so there was no way for me to know it was him. I ended up stopping the digital item business because I already wasn't making much profit, so shipping with tracking wasn't an option. I stopped it all, even though I went a few years without a problem, after that guy did that to me, I trusted no one as everyone who bought from me were just randoms and he could have been any one of them.

Long story long lol, without tracking, you're pretty much screwed, 99.9% of the time, the buyer can always reverse the payment, no matter what, sucks I know...

oompaloompa 03-14-2013 12:17 PM

yeah but it must be a big profit margin on everything you do sell. Must be hard to make a loss...