Using a friend's established eBay account & dad's brand new account... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-22-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Using a friend's established eBay account & dad's brand new account...

I was restricted indefinitely on eBay about 3-4 months ago. I have learned from it and am a better seller now (if ebay would allow me that is).

I have a friend who has had an ebay account for many years, but hasn't used it in a little while. He has agreed to allow me to use his eBay account and has given me the password and id. He will reimburse me when funds are sent to his paypal. My only concern is, we live in the same building (same street address but different suite #). I have followed everything on eBay Stealth, new IP, new Windows user, etc. However I was planning on listing items that I had listed on my restricted account, except I took new pictures and will list differently then before.

Will our accounts be linked?

I also created a brand new account with my dad's info with his permission. We have a different last name, we used his bank account info to open a brand new paypal account and brand new email and ebay accounts. Also different Windows user ID per eBay Stealth's instructions.

My plans were to start selling on the established account and slowly list items on the new account until we get some sales under our belt.

Any advice on my plans? Again will the same street address with different suite number be a problem if I started listing the same items as before?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-22-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Also, dad lives in a different city and same state.
Old 03-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

If all info is stealth and listings are SIGNIFICANTLY different then you will be fine unless....did you get banned for the item listing? vero or high risk?
Old 03-22-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

So when your account gets suspended and you possibly do not pay the fees etc the collector will come after your Dad for the money and ruin his credit even if he pays the bill.

Then when his car and house insurance goes up because he got dinged on his credit report not to mention the 10 times a day phone calls from IC or NCO bothers him to no end then you will realize no need to use family or friends info.

If you had read around the forums you would see many do not believe you should use any family or friends info.

Many have posted they lost family and friends doing this.

Not worth it considering it is much easier to do it without putting your family at risk.

If you did not know enough not to use other methods then you probably dont know enough to keep his good name safe.

I advise to NOT USE this account at all and make some without his name.

With or without his permission what if something happens and he needs an ebay account?

One story is a man who lost his entire retirement in the stock market and had a houseful of things to sell to try and get money into his retirement kitty and went to sell on ebay and of course they said no because the kid already ruined his name etc.

Stealth means stealth, does not mean use Dads info.

Lots of ways to avoid this if you just take the time to do it.

Sometimes the easy way is not a good thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (03-25-2013), TheRevolver (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

What was the reason you were suspended?
Old 03-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

TBF, the plan is overloaded with potential issues.

Friends, family and ebay/paypal do not make good friends. (I'll just mention taxes for starters).

Addressing the friend's account. Inactive accounts that suddenly start to function get flagged by ebay. I am not sure you know this? What would you do for ID? Do you even know if the friend's account is in good standing because if it has alerts that defeats your aim to be a good seller again.
The fact the address is the same building is a BIG flag. If you get reviewed manually, you face the chance of suspension
Not wise

I recommend reading more of the forum. It supplements the book. That way you can consider starting afresh in a different manner.

At this point your plan needs tweaking for you to create long life stealth accounts.
Old 03-22-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all your input. My account was restricted indefinitely in two categories for what eBay said was a trademark violation. There is more to it than that but don't want to divulge too many details.

How would one's credit become ruined with a suspended ebay account unless they do not pay the fees?

Sounds like I will need to read the forums more. But if I have dozens of items that I am sitting on that I listed before on the restricted account, how would I go about listing these items again without being linked?

I would not be listing items that would warrant being pulled as I have learned a lot from my experiences. If that matters as far as risking using family/friends.
Old 03-22-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Open a stealth account and don't use anyone's personal information
Old 03-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Make your own Stealth Accounts...that way if those accounts get flagged, banned, limited it doesn't have to mean anything to anyone other than you.

Lets say you use your friends Ebay/PP and it gets banned, limited, etc. and one day your friend wants to use his account, what are you going to tell him..."Sorry buddy, your account is a goner!"
Old 03-23-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok, you guys have convinced me to look into my own accounts. I am definitely not going to use the friends account as the same address is a flag for sure. As for my dad, he'll never need an eBay account so getting his removed won't mean anything.

Can someone explain to me the "ebay ruining your credit" thing? As long as you don't owe them fees, this isn't a concern right? I mean that's the only way your credit can take a hit is if you owe someone money.

Last edited by BrownsFan1980; 03-23-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2013

Longevity: 69%

I would never ever recommend using a friend or dad's accounts..or any family. I'm sure Greenbean and others will agree. What happens if you do mess up and get limited or even linked somehow? And then your family or friend or dad want to buy something on ebay? They're then screwed and blacklisted via address/detail used
Old 03-23-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyhustler88 View Post
I would never ever recommend using a friend or dad's accounts..or any family. I'm sure Greenbean and others will agree. What happens if you do mess up and get limited or even linked somehow? And then your family or friend or dad want to buy something on ebay? They're then screwed and blacklisted via address/detail used
I understand, my dad barely goes online let alone buys things online. So once I explain to him to possible issues, providing he is ok with that, I'll move forward with his account only as one of my accounts (after I get a stealth on my own as you all have suggested).

Can someone verify the credit issue thing?
Old 03-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsFan1980 View Post
Ok, you guys have convinced me to look into my own accounts. I am definitely not going to use the friends account as the same address is a flag for sure. As for my dad, he'll never need an eBay account so getting his removed won't mean anything.

Can someone explain to me the "ebay ruining your credit" thing? As long as you don't owe them fees, this isn't a concern right? I mean that's the only way your credit can take a hit is if you owe someone money.
Sometimes people can end up owing Paypal / ebay money without having any bad intentions in the first place ie you sell an expensive item, withdraw and spend the money. Claim gets made and found in the buyer's favour. Buyer gets refund and paypal come after you for money you don't have.

We've seen loads of threads like the example I've given happen to real people. I'm not saying it will happen to you but it can and does happen. In the US this has a real impact on your credit rating.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
moneyhustler88 (03-23-2013)
Old 03-23-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Sometimes people can end up owing Paypal / ebay money without having any bad intentions in the first place ie you sell an expensive item, withdraw and spend the money. Claim gets made and found in the buyer's favour. Buyer gets refund and paypal come after you for money you don't have.

We've seen loads of threads like the example I've given happen to real people. I'm not saying it will happen to you but it can and does happen. In the US this has a real impact on your credit rating.
Ok that's a good heads up, so one could avoid that by leaving funds in the paypal account for 60 days.
Old 03-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Ok that's a good heads up, so one could avoid that by leaving funds in the paypal account for 60 days.
You don't need to go to that extreme. I was just explaining that accounts can go into a negative balance and that they go pursue people for the money which it turn can impact credit rating.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (03-23-2013)
Old 03-23-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
You don't need to go to that extreme. I was just explaining that accounts can go into a negative balance and that they go pursue people for the money which it turn can impact credit rating.
Thank you for getting to this before I was able to get back to the thread.

OP I was explaining that if you did not pay the fees or did not ship an item and it goes into a negative balance yes, you are putting your Dads credit and good name at risk.

I did not say you would purposely, but some move on and let it go therefore a collector will come and try and collect and yes they will put it on your Dads credit report in most cases.

Best to leave his sit and not use it because people do make mistakes.
Old 03-23-2013

Longevity: 69%

Sandy D has a point..whilst your dad may not go online or use ebay.will he be happy if say a sheriff serves a notice on him (read some US states this can happen) or even he gets a debt collection notice..- could effect credit history possibly?

I think as a wise user once told me on here..Think it was green bean..but don't quote me on that..ALWAYS PLAN PLAN PLAN..Think of the worst case scenario..the best case scenario..
The Following User Says Thank You to moneyhustler88 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-23-2013)
Old 03-23-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I was on eBay for many years so I know how it all works. I am confident that I would never let anything lapse where he would be harmed.

As for listing items I previously had for sale under the restricted account. Does it at all help that its been more than 90 days since the account was restricted? Also taking new pictures with a different camera under a different Windows user help?

If I have the luxury to hold on to these items and list different items (same category), would that help?
Old 03-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
I was on eBay for many years so I know how it all works. I am confident that I would never let anything lapse where he would be harmed.

As for listing items I previously had for sale under the restricted account. Does it at all help that its been more than 90 days since the account was restricted? Also taking new pictures with a different camera under a different Windows user help?

If I have the luxury to hold on to these items and list different items (same category), would that help?
Depends if the items you wanting to list are the reason you were suspended in the first place.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
moneyhustler88 (03-23-2013)
Old 03-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Really? ALL of us here had been on ebay for years but still got booted. Never assume your own knowledge is greater than your experiences.

Our advice is for you to take every possible step to not look like BrownsFan1980 but more like DarkStar1999.... make sure you are so different that nothing makes you look Brown and a Fan.

Your items should be changed so as to not link you in any way. This MUST be considered as you start afresh. imo, it is preferable to wait until your account is well seasoned then look at listing. Time frames are another danger. You have yet to know how the new stealth account will function
Old 03-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Our advice is for you to take every possible step to not look like BrownsFan1980 but more like DarkStar1999.... make sure you are so different that nothing makes you look Brown and a Fan.
OP, take Greenbean's advice or the Brown stuff may well hit the Fan.
Old 03-24-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Really? ALL of us here had been on ebay for years but still got booted. Never assume your own knowledge is greater than your experiences.

Your items should be changed so as to not link you in any way. This MUST be considered as you start afresh. imo, it is preferable to wait until your account is well seasoned then look at listing. Time frames are another danger. You have yet to know how the new stealth account will function
I don't assume my knowledge is greater. But with the helpful answers I've received on here, I can make protecting my dad's credit priority #1. So in the event it gets suspended, I would keep a close eye on fees owed and any possible buyer trying for a refund. I've had very few refunds, maybe 2-3 for 1000 sales, but nonetheless would be careful thanks to the heads up.

Let me layout my scenario a bit and see what your thoughts are. I was buying merchandise on other websites in a niche market to resell on eBay for extra income with hopes of growing into my primary income, which was beginning to happen until the restriction. So, I have a good amount of inventory left that I've been sitting on. Now, ultimately I'd like to slowly get back to where I was, but as of right now I'm not buying any new items because of my current situation.

So my question is, how to proceed from here. The way I see it, if I startup again by relisting on a stealth account all of my current inventory (none of the items are what got me restricted), which was listed on the restricted account, its more likely of being linked. Even though I would dramatically change the listings, pictures, etc. Or I can keep the current merchandise and slowly drop a couple of the items in from time to time, and start buying new stuff again, although it would be similar items in the same category (wish I could be more specific but you never know who is reading this). The only problem with the second option is I'd be spending more money on new merchandise without knowing how the stealth situation will work out and I could dig a deeper hole.

Again I appreciate your time and all your help.

Last edited by BrownsFan1980; 03-24-2013 at 01:53 PM.