Google Voice Not Working For Paypal Verification PLEASE HELP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-23-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Google Voice Not Working For Paypal Verification PLEASE HELP

Hi all, please someone help me! I've tried two different pay for virtual numbers, didn't work. I've now paid for a Google Voice number, my account is not limited on paypal but after depositing probably about 1500 dollars it wants to call my number and give me a code to type in. Well I thought for sure after reading here that it would work, but it said it could not verify it? So confused :-/

My name is not real first name on the paypal and address is real, bank account real, greendot card is what i used. What can I do? I do not have a land line and my cell has already been used on another account?? ANYONE have any suggestions or ways to get around it or what might be the issue? I know they match the address but Google Voice doesn't have an address you put in?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-23-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

1st question would be why are you depositing money into paypal. Is it a new account or do you mean you sold 1500?

Second, google voice will work with your old phone number. You just have to set it up correctly. Assuming if you have not used it on Gv accounts before.

What is not verifying? GV?

Go to GV.

Set up your new gv number

- I want a new number Pick from a list in your area or zip code.

Add forwarding number

- add you cell phone number here

Click mobile from the drop down.

Verify your phone

It will call your cell phone and you then add the two digit code into your phone.

Then go to pp and add your new phone.

Tell it to send you a text message for the pin.

The pin will be sent to your GV page as a text.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-23-2013)
Old 03-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Ok you may have just solved this...I did not do the drop down thing, I did pick a new number, deposit money on it & put my number to be forwarded to on there but I dont remember anything about a drop down box etc. Oh and it's selling stuff, trust me lol I wouldn't give paypal a confederate dollar
The Following User Says Thank You to southrnprincess For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (04-28-2015)
Old 03-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: Google Voice Not Working For Paypal Verification PLEASE HELP

A confederate dollar. Nice
Old 03-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Oh wait, yes I did have them call and confirm that mobile digit thing from Google. So that's all set up but Paypal wants to call NOT text (doesn't even give that option) to give me my code. So let me try this again - maybe I can go about it some other way. I'll let y'all know, thanks sweets xo
Old 03-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Ok weirdest thing, I went in to put in a new number and at that point I knew they would ask if I wanted them to text to verify or not, so I said yes. Well it never went through (not yet at least) and now I just went to withdraw my money it's being saying no for days now without a phone verification and it just allowed me to do it as usual. Now to be 100% sure NONE of the phones are verified at all. So something is up with paypal - knock on wood, but they have been very lenient so far. And spotty with their releasing of money. Weird, well I'll let yall know if the Google text ever wen through.

But if anyone does have any other ideas for good phone verifications bc I know it will come up again in the future....PLEASE tell me. Thanks yall :-)
Old 03-23-2013
Banned

I just took time to help you with google voice and your asking for more help with a different phone set up?

Why?

And you dont have to deposit money for a gv number. 2 of them are free.

The paypal issue has nothing to do with gv.

You just needed a working phone.

If it comes up again then you need to change your phone number of your cell and then you get 2 more free gv numbers.

Still would like to know why you are depositing 1500 into a pp account.

This is a lot of money to deposit and it drew attention to your pp account which is not good.
Old 03-23-2013
Banned

If pp wants you to call and you dont have a working phone that has not been used before you better get one.

At this point I would not be putting 1500 in any pp account.

How old is this pp account?
Old 03-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Ok please note I had sold some things and it added up to 1500 dollars while they were not allowing me to withdraw after they were for a few weeks. The GV things still never worked, yes I have a working phone, yes I went through everything correctly, it just didn't work on my cell phone.

I would never deposit money in paypal it just added up while I couldn't withdraw it bc of the phone issue. So then all of a sudden even though I had no confirmed number it allowed me to withdraw 1300 (I didn't take it all out stupidly because I had something I needed to pay for tonight with it).

So I go back in and now it says because I haven't been on my account in a long time (wtf??) they have limited my account. OMG - I can't get 9 out of 10 things they want.

Do I just say goodbye to all that money and outstanding invoices that will prob get paid and they will hold my money??

So do I call them or what? I knew it was too good to be true....sigh - depressed
Old 03-23-2013
Threadstarter  

OMG and now they have REVERSED THE MONEY SO THERE IS 1600 DOLLARS IN THERE THAT I NEED DESPERATELY. What do I do?? I'm seriously going to cry
Old 03-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%
Default Re: Google Voice Not Working For Paypal Verification PLEASE HELP

I doubt there is much you can do at this point. Withdrawing too much and too fast is not a good idea, especially for an account that still lacks verification
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (03-24-2013)
Old 03-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by southrnprincess View Post
OMG and now they have REVERSED THE MONEY SO THERE IS 1600 DOLLARS IN THERE THAT I NEED DESPERATELY. What do I do?? I'm seriously going to cry
Go kick the cat/dog/wall. Scream, rant and yell. Then calm down.
This is life with paypal. Get on top of it.

It was naive of you to think paypal would go along with the transfer of that HIGH amount of funds on such a new account.

What's the origin of your goods?

What notices do you have , if any?

Post what you have received.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (03-24-2013)
Old 03-24-2013
Banned

You first posted the wanted a code sent and we showed you how to use google voice.

When you did not set up gv properly you should have stopped at that point.

I have asked 3 times how old this account is and you have not answered.

Running 1500 through an account at one time even for an older aged solid account can be risky.

That is why I asked you before you before you use GV how old the account was.

The way you worded the first post was you were depositing money into paypal but you failed to mention it was from sales etc.

I have accounts years old and wont withdraw 1500 in one shot ever even for a solid 5 year old account.

For you purchases you should have timed in a week away and took out small amount at a time.

Taking that chunk did your account in. It flagged it and caused the issues.

What docs etc are they asking for?
Old 03-24-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by southrnprincess View Post
Hi all, please someone help me! I've tried two different pay for virtual numbers, didn't work. I've now paid for a Google Voice number, my account is not limited on paypal but after depositing probably about 1500 dollars it wants to call my number and give me a code to type in. Well I thought for sure after reading here that it would work, but it said it could not verify it? So confused :-/
Here is where you stated depositing, you meant you were going to withdraw it to your bank.

No where here did anyone tell you you could have used the code to withdraw that amount. The code and gv does work a lot. But not when the account already has been flagged and you was withdrawing 1500.00. Even with the code it would not have passed muster.

Most people here know to withdraw several small amounts over days time. Many threads about this.
Old 03-24-2013
Threadstarter  

Ok guys the account was a business account, it was Verified according to Paypal it was just new. CC was good, legit checking account in my own name, had no problem until I guess they thought I withdrew too much. I never set GV up incorrectly - I set it up correctly from the get go but thought I had done it wrong, I had done it right and it just did not work. Sorry all the other Virtual call companies people say have worked for them did not work for me. Maybe it's my cell phone, idk.

I received no notices, they let me withdraw the money finally just like, out of the blue. And I was so happy then the next time I logged in it said this:

We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information about your business to allow us to provide uninterrupted service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

Mar 23, 2013: It's been a little while since you used your account. So, we just want to make sure that you authorized some recent transactions.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-...................)

***It had been maybe 30 mins since my last login?***

I'm sorry when I said I had been withdrawing for a few weeks I thought that made it clear it was only a few weeks old. That probably was not so clear, I was very frustrated. As far as docs, they want pic ID, proof of invoices, proof of suppliers, tracking numbers, proof of delivery, re in put my checking account info, cc with name and address, and something with my name and address (I am guessing the cc could count) could be more things but I'm not sure. Tax ID maybe? Well most wouldn't actually be a true problem except the pic ID since I did not use my real first name.

So what I've done is contacted my buyers and refunded them and sent them invoices through Google checkout - it's risky as I'm still in their 60 day review, where they hold the money for 10 days then deposit it. But it's better than letting paypal hold it for infinity or more. So here's my new question - what happens if you go negative in paypal for doing returns do they take it out of your checking account? What if you close that checking account? It's a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and all so....?
Old 03-24-2013

Longevity: 69%

Geeeeez this post is a mess,

$1500 withdrawal from Paypal on a brand new account?

Looks like this one is a goner.

Last edited by Mr. Invisible; 03-24-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2013
Threadstarter  

Yeah well that's what I have pretty much figured. That's why I refunded all my customers and sent them google checkout invoices instead to pay through. I have to wait 10 days to get the money because I'm still in their grace period but they do deposit on time. 10 days is better than never. But I still need to know if I go negative refunding buyers will they take it out of my checking account??