How to get eBay to speak to my husband? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-22-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default How to get eBay to speak to my husband?

So I've created eBay / Paypal accounts on my wifes name - all with genuine details and a real limited company.

I would call eBay once I've hit my limit simply because I can provide any information they need and it's a legit business.

I'm currently on 25/£650 monthly limit. If I try to increase my limit further it asks me to call them which is a bad idea especially when I'm not a woman!

If they agree to speak to my 'husband' as I said I personally would be able to give them any information they ask for. Problem is, my wife don't speak English so, is it somehow possible to send eBay an email and explain that I (my wife) am deaf therefore I can't talk to them?

I know it's a horrible thing to do, but if I wasn't going through my savings to survive I would never do so. But anyhows, anyone able to offer any feedback?

Zak.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

PP doesnt like speaking to anyone else but the account holder. There are few threads about voice-changing up for eB....various softwares and such ...I have ⊗⊗⊗⊗d my way through a female voice by taking muffled and trying different techniques.

Not much else you can do except teach your wife to reply and be creative. Another reason why using real life info for a different sex is problematic :(
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Zak412134 (04-22-2013)
Old 04-22-2013
Threadstarter  

It's not PP that want me to call them, it's eBay.

I just recall my personal 'limit increase' conversion with eBay and remember it to be detailed else I would get my wife to call and then tell her how to respond to their questions. And when they struggle to make out what she's saying maybe then they'll be more open to speak to me instead.
Old 04-22-2013
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

doesn't matter if its ebay or paypal who want you to call, they will want to speak to the account holder. Just make sure to give her all the necessary info like stealth name/address before she calls so when they ask she can give it to them with no hesitation
Old 04-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
PP doesnt like speaking to anyone else but the account holder. There are few threads about voice-changing up for eB....various softwares and such ...I have ⊗⊗⊗⊗d my way through a female voice by taking muffled and trying different techniques.

Not much else you can do except teach your wife to reply and be creative. Another reason why using real life info for a different sex is problematic :(
A real life scenario

like some of your posts!!! muffled and hard to understand!!!

Where exactly did you take muffled?

Has muffled returned yet?
Does sound different I must say
Old 04-22-2013

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak412134 View Post
So I've created eBay / Paypal accounts on my wifes name - all with genuine details and a real limited company.

I would call eBay once I've hit my limit simply because I can provide any information they need and it's a legit business.

I'm currently on 25/£650 monthly limit. If I try to increase my limit further it asks me to call them which is a bad idea especially when I'm not a woman!

If they agree to speak to my 'husband' as I said I personally would be able to give them any information they ask for. Problem is, my wife don't speak English so, is it somehow possible to send eBay an email and explain that I (my wife) am deaf therefore I can't talk to them?

I know it's a horrible thing to do, but if I wasn't going through my savings to survive I would never do so. But anyhows, anyone able to offer any feedback?

Zak.
They don't offer support in other languages? Every multi billion dollar company should...

Why not just pretend to be her... You would probably sound like most of their female agents anyway lol...
Old 04-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Last I checked they have no info on whether your are female or male. You also have to answer the security questions right to proceed with the call. I'd also probably be considered discrimination if they said anything about your gender.

You could sound like a horse and be fine.
Old 04-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

This is true, the discrimination card plays very well if they question your gender/voice if you tell them that you've gone through gender changing surgeries. They wouldn't dare question you further because if they do, they can get fired or even face prosecution.
Old 04-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

ebay UK is not always as compliant.

If you talk the talk with them, you can usually get them onside.

Old 04-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
A real life scenario

like some of your posts!!! muffled and hard to understand!!!

Where exactly did you take muffled?

Has muffled returned yet?
Does sound different I must say
muffled past participle, past tense of muf·fle (Verb)
Verb
1.Wrap or cover for warmth.
2.Cover or wrap up (a source of sound) to reduce its loudness.
Old 04-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

(
Maybe you actually mean TALKING muffled

LOL

Old 04-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Lol are you people serious? I do know some women who don't sound like women mind you, but the thing to be careful about is consistently I suppose.

It's one thing to say I'm a woman how dare you judge me, but it's another to try to imitate a woman's voice and then lose it half way through the conversion.

Looking forward to a few more people making the same suggestion and I might give it a go.
Old 04-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak412134 View Post
Lol are you people serious? I do know some women who don't sound like women mind you, but the thing to be careful about is consistently I suppose.

It's one thing to say I'm a woman how dare you judge me, but it's another to try to imitate a woman's voice and then lose it half way through the conversion.

Looking forward to a few more people making the same suggestion and I might give it a go.
What other suggestions? Those are the most viable given what we know about Paypal. You cant just go around and change info in the pp account and think you wont get flagged. OR TRY it and report back with your result. Sometimes you have to do your own experimentation...
Old 04-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Yeah I understand what your saying. Thing is I spent considerable time and money setting everything up as everything is legit. If it works I can trade on eBay on this one account like I was never banned as absolutely everything is brand new. Therefore I gotta weigh up pros and cons before calling them as there is always a chance of getting banned.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zak412134 For This Useful Post:
rsot (04-23-2013)