Activate PayPal Debit Card - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-24-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Activate PayPal Debit Card

Hello everyone! Long time no see... I know. I hope everyone is healthy and doing well.. I have been busy with other jobs and have not done much Ebay, just here and there a little.

So, anyway, here is my problem and I do feel so blessed and thankful to be able to have a safe place to turn to and ask the brilliant minds of this great forum...

Have this Ebay/Paypal in registered business name, first and last name of real person-not mine, but with legit EIN not SS. So now PayPal sends me new debit card I need to activate, and I have been ignoring the email requests until today when they said if I don't activate my new card it will be cancelled or something..

I try to look around Forum cause I am sure someone here had the same issue before, but this thread is the closest I found and I am kinda pressed for time (shame on me)

So, I type in the link to activate my new card and they want SS..wow. What do I do? Do I type EIN in SS spaces or let the debit card go...? And I even have a credit card in this name and with EIN in place of SS number, believe it or not. So now I think my good credit report if PayPal is checking this for identity may work?

Just don't know what is the best approach.. I can live without debit card if I have to and just withdraw the money to bank account for those few sales I make here and there now. However, debit card is nice convenience and you don't have to wait for your money to hit the bank....

Ok, my brilliant minds.. Please don't get angry at me if this was all over the place before... I have been in exile..lol
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-25-2013

Longevity: 64%

Hello Lyda,
Your situation is exactly as mine. I received new card on the mail and waited till that last warning from PP which states that if I do not activate new debit card I lost it. I used my friend's real information on PP account except the address. I went on and entered all required info for card activatioin including my friend's SS, clicked Submit.... and guess what?
We couldn't verify your information. You need to call 1-800xxxxxxx....

I guess PP checked my friend's credit history with Сredit Bureau and the issue was not matching address on file for his SS.
Now I am sitting on the needles and expect PP due to that happened to limit my old working PP account which was my main account for accumulation payments from also old ebay seller account. There are no 24 hours passed since that happened. I don't know what to expect now.
I can only suggest others who received new cards on the mail: DO NOT Enter SS!!!
I think the Era of PP debit cards is over now, in order to Activate new debit card you have to enter ss :(
Hope it helps.
If anyone could share his own experience with this matter that information would be highly appreciated.
Old 04-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks Alpheus, I am suprised yours did not work because SS is the same as the name on your PP, and people do move..
I think you are correct, I can forget about this debit card.. I wonder though what would happen if I put EIN number instead?
Also, I don't know when did they start doing this...requesting a SS for the debit card. I have not found much discussion on the forum re this, so it may be a new thing.
Old 04-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

SSN for the paypal debit card has been happening for at least 2 years, Lyda.

It's been one tool of paypal to squeeze more info from its account holders.

Old 04-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks Greenbean! Has it really been that long?
Well, I guess I will just ignore the request and have the new debit card deactivated..I will be than transfering to my bank account. It is a business account however, and they should have given an option of SS or Ein in those situations, but they didn't...
Old 04-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Hold off in case anyone else has had luck to re-activate this card.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Lyda (04-26-2013)
Old 04-26-2013

Longevity: 64%

As expected within 24 hours PP sent email asking to provide personal information (SS, DL, photo ID, copy of a utility bill and so on...) in order to satisfy their so-called: Customer Identification Program (CIP). It was my mistake to try to activate that damn debit card
GreenBean. I used to have a debit card for more than 3 years without adding SS on file with PP. This happened just recently when they sent a new replacement card without me asking for it.
Is there anyone experienced the same issue? Any additional information would be of help.
The Following User Says Thank You to alpheus01 For This Useful Post:
rsot (04-29-2013)